Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @DFBB any luck on the babe?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I don't think he's had time to open any boxes yet. Last I heard he was on cycle 76 on WOH. #muchorespect
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Pulled him twice. I’ll keep him at D8 for potential repulls.  Both babes were from the cheap box fwiw
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited November 2020
    How many boxes @CanadaCubs if you don’t mind my asking? Tks 

Im with @Houmy its a crapshoot and I’m not chasing. Finally back above 100k and I just CANT start over AGAIN.  If over 1250 boxes didn’t get it done.. 200 more definitely won’t. 😔
    At least my stadium level is looking pretty good lol 
    And I can collect that forever you know 🙄🤣

Edit: just noticed from the cheap box ..wow 😳
     I need to start going to church with wife or something 🤷🏻‍♂️

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    How many boxes @CanadaCubs if you don’t mind my asking? Tks 

Im with @Houmy its a crapshoot and I’m not chasing. Finally back above 100k and I just CANT start over AGAIN.  If over 1250 boxes didn’t get it done.. 200 more definitely won’t. 😔
    At least my stadium level is looking pretty good lol 
    And I can collect that forever you know 🙄🤣

Edit: just noticed from the cheap box ..wow 😳
     I need to start going to church with wife or something 🤷🏻‍♂️

At that point I was at least 120-130 boxes in. I fully expected 400-500k tbh. Cal was really the person I was after. Got him at about 300gold in
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    Yea I got my babes from the 250 box as well. Cheap too, but thats not the case for many in my clubs, on average has been over 250k spent plus specials.
    – The Great Houmy
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    I will never understand how guys justify spending over a thousand USD for a stupid player on a mobile game 
  • Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    You wouldn’t buy a player for any price then. How about one dollar?
    lol I mean who are you to judge anyone anyways? @TheLegend17 Its not your money, and you have to remember. This game is a like a crack addiction for many. Heck look at @retirepujols. He was smart enough to get away from this game, but yet somehow found his way back, leveled diamond and is throwing $$$$ again at the game. Just how it goes.  Love you John!
    – The Great Houmy
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    lol I mean who are you to judge anyone anyways? @TheLegend17 Its not your money, and you have to remember. This game is a like a crack addiction for many. Heck look at @retirepujols. He was smart enough to get away from this game, but yet somehow found his way back, leveled diamond and is throwing $$$$ again at the game. Just how it goes.  Love you John!
    I hate myself. I’ve promised to not buy anything beyond field pass moving forward. Get scammed left and right for nothing. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    If the players were $4.99 or about tree-fiddy, I'd buy them. 200k worth of gold? That's $1000 of gold if you're managing to buy the gold at 20k/$99....idiots and their money will always part. I wish I could punch you all in the face every time you want to click the buy button 
    If the players were $4.99 or about tree-fiddy, I'd buy them. 200k worth of gold? That's $1000 of gold if you're managing to buy the gold at 20k/$99....idiots and their money will always part. I wish I could punch you all in the face every time you want to click the buy button 

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Yea I got my babes from the 250 box as well. Cheap too, but thats not the case for many in my clubs, on average has been over 250k spent plus specials.

Same here, first one from fp boxes. Cal and Pesky were must haves for me as I'm using 470 prime Cronenworth and 480 Ozzie but were a bear to get. I had Babe leveled, Sutton and Bagwell ready to go and hadn't even hit the 2500 fr tier. 90k later another Babe pull to box cap on 250 and no Cal or Pesky though I did box cap Sutton (6 pulls total). I ended up throwing another 3k at 250 a couple hours later and got Pesky. By the time I was ready to level I had 32 Rally boxes stacked from gifts and bundles people bought. Got him twice more in those 32. Cal took another 2-3k but is well worth it. I'm down to 5k gold right now but this is exactly what I was saving it for in the first place. Many in club and others I've talked to haven't had the good luck I have though towards the end of the day the pendulum was swinging in their favor for pulls minus a couple guys. We were closer to 100-120k overall I think for Babe with a couple outliers over 200k.
  • Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    So maybe what’s 4.99 to you is $1000 to someone else who has lots of money. So in comparison what’s the difference?
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    After seeing decent success with boxes, I decided to give it a go...took me FP boxes plus 60k gold:

@dustyhunks I was def one of those lucky ass-hats this weekend. I pulled Babe 4 times out of the 250 box and x2 in the 500 box chasing Ford. I picked up every other legend in both boxes many times over to get some free level ups out of them. Its just one of those weekends where I literally was hitting. I only spent about 110k total and yielded all those pulls. I stopped pulling boxes as soon as I got Ford and called it a weekend.  But it just goes to show you, the weekend that Teddy was released. It took me 430k to get him, and he was the only ATG pull I got all weekend. I think it was Christy still in the box. It goes from one extreme to another. Others I have spoken too were around the 250k spent mark before hitting just 1 ATG pull.
    – The Great Houmy
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

Looks like @dfbb got his guy! Congrats Alex!
    Where is rivera at? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Where is rivera at? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
    He was 99 usd in specials yday for about 8 hours - expired now 
    Apparently, the promo said "this is the only time he will be available".... I think it would be a smart idea if they stuck him in a box so others can pull him.
    – The Great Houmy
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Are ATG’s 2x or 3x to level to D10?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Are ATG’s 2x or 3x to level to D10?
    Uh oh....(2x).
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    better jump in a .30 club
    dkarski87 said:
    Yup. I repulled him from the cheap box as well. Just gotta be on a lucky streak sometimes. I even ended up pulling ford back to back and Sutton 3 times total. All in all though it was a good 5 days. Less than 20K spent and ended up with the 5 I wanted (Babe, Ted, Ford, Sutton & Ripken) and some of them just from the free gift or CVC boxes.

Goes to show you that you shouldn't let it get to you if you don't hit the player you want as the game will sometimes screw you over pretty good and at other times just throw players at you.

• snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Houmy said:
    dkarski87 said:
    Yup. I repulled him from the cheap box as well. Just gotta be on a lucky streak sometimes. I even ended up pulling ford back to back and Sutton 3 times total. All in all though it was a good 5 days. Less than 20K spent and ended up with the 5 I wanted (Babe, Ted, Ford, Sutton & Ripken) and some of them just from the free gift or CVC boxes.

Goes to show you that you shouldn't let it get to you if you don't hit the player you want as the game will sometimes screw you over pretty good and at other times just throw players at you.
    I spent around 80,000 gold and didn’t pull Babe. But picked up Ford and Ripken. I’m assuming I may pick him up in the Cvc boxes today as that’s how I got Williams. At least I’m hoping. lol. Fingers crossed. 
    @snowy24 hopefully you'll pull him. To be honest I wasn't really chasing Babe and really wanted Ford and that's why I spent a little on the boxes. Ted has always been my favorite and even him I didn't chase and got him from a CVC box. I used to go crazy over them before since they were great to have for WOH games but with WOH either being easy enough at times and having players that most don't need at other times I am over it. My other favorite used to be H2H games but can't find a good, even, match anymore so over that as well.

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I spent 170K gold and got everyone but Babe or Whitey. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I may be in the minority, but I wanted Ted more than I wanted Babe
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    I can’t imagine many people, aside from Yankees fans, would prefer Babe over Ted.  I mean, only one of them was a war hero (x2) in their spare time.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited November 2020
    I had a fantastic 5 days as well. 40k spent mostly chasing Rip. Ripken became the one that got away but I landed The Babe in about 20k got Mitchell twice and Springer three times. Cycled WoH 15 times and was able to catch 23rd place with 1.6 billion (I know pretty paltry compared to most) in my bracket not bad for a solo club I just ran out of steam and got burned out cycling WoH and running through all those bonus games. Before I put my phone down to go to bed I tried the resource hunt with the cash boxes that someone said they did on a thread in here and I nabbed 9 boxes 5 were bxp (much needed for skills) 2 pxp, 2 were franchise coins. Didn't do last box because 75k blue cash for a bxp player that'll net me a little over 1k bxp isn't worth it IMO. Got Brooks to B6 from repulls. Probably the most fun I had all year despite not getting Ripken. Now back to the grind of farming gold so I can replenish. The only thing I wished they would've done for Black Friday and the weekend was to put the mega boxes of lxp, pxp and bxp in the store for gold just a least for those three days. It would have been a nice touch.