WOH 11/30

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    It wont be a one time thing. The feed back from many people seem to really enjoy it.  Nobody has to play it, stick to the old tower. This is great IMO and what most have been waiting for. Better rewards and the difficult matches the effort. Its here to stay.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    It wont be a one time thing. The feed back from many people seem to really enjoy it.  Nobody has to play it, stick to the old tower. This is great IMO and what most have been waiting for. Better rewards and the difficult matches the effort. Its here to stay.
    That's why I was trying to get to it but giving up today because of this stupid video restart bug that's happened twice now. Same old bug from before. It won't do the video but flags the video as having been used already. Too frustrated to try it again.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    I’ve only completed level 2 of the Trammell Tower so far (work) and I agree with @dkarski87, even if beating it will be a struggle.  I’d rather have a shot at those lxp amounts for 5 & 10 cycles, then the 10 & 20 cycles for the Cybernetic Tower.  Just my opinion though.  🤷‍♂️
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    I certainly wouldn’t be opposed to the harder tower staying. But I need to know from Glu that it’s here to stay before building my roster around WOH again. We’ve all been duped by them countless times before, I’m not making any gut check reactions just yet.
    Very good point.
    – The Great Houmy
    Where's @DFBB ... new WOH mode an not a single post.... Very disappointed
    – The Great Houmy
    edited November 2020
    @Houmy

I feel your pain...and half the time for me when it starts playing a video, it crashes the app anyway.  So I just either restart the level now or bite the bullet and pay the damn gold.  Pretty shitty that it comes down to those options though.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    He’s too busy playing. He’s probably on his 20th cycle now 
    Based on the lack of commentary from Alex today, I’m guessing he is on his way to the good ole 20/10 of cycles today 😂
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Just bc I’m a sucker I took a lot of time to do it. Holy heck 5.8 was the one that kept curving me out over and over. Straight up 9 and out FOUR times. I landed Chili Davis in CvC so I leveled him and he beat 5.8 but had to do it in extras bc I got curved out after tying it, bases loaded and no outs. What an effing joke. Used Van Slyke on 5.9 then Kruk had a HR derby on 5.10. Hit four HRs.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

@Houmy get into a habit of restarting your app before 5-9, 4-9
    – The Great Houmy
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Personally I like when the prize for WOH is a player that has skills that do well in WOH.  I just got Ripken over the weekend spending a ton (not revealing the amount due to shame) trying to get Babe, but I will still level Trammell to replace Bando.
    This is hilarious (not revealing the amount due to shame) 😂🤣😂🤣🤣 I can’t stop laughing! We’ve all felt that way at one time or another!!
  • RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    I made it through Trammels tower with JT Snow, so I guess there's a silver lining.  
    Lost an auto at 5.7, won with video restart (it actually worked!), used 40g boost on 5.8-5.10, no more losses

• DomerHomerDomerHomer Registered Users, Member 76 Posts
    Based on the lack of commentary from Alex today, I’m guessing he is on his way to the good ole 20/10 of cycles today 😂
    Yep, he’s in my bracket today. Thumbs have got to be sore! I’m only a breezy 11B behind him in mvp points. 🤣🤣
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    Just bc I’m a sucker I took a lot of time to do it. Holy heck 5.8 was the one that kept curving me out over and over. Straight up 9 and out FOUR times. I landed Chili Davis in CvC so I leveled him and he beat 5.8 but had to do it in extras bc I got curved out after tying it, bases loaded and no outs. What an effing joke. Used Van Slyke on 5.9 then Kruk had a HR derby on 5.10. Hit four HRs.
    @drsmartassphd. I wasn’t even gonna mess with the Trammel Tower, now I’m tempted to give it a shot. Lol what skills and x-factors do you have your WOH bats at?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I've heard similar sentiments and personally, I can't be happier with the tower. Selfishly, it's allowing me to catch up with pennants and getting two boxes per cycle is awesome. As mentioned a few times, the difficulty is bumped from the Cyber tower, but it's fairly marginal(at diamond) while the rewards really jumped. 

I'd also be surprised if it's just a one day deal, but it certainly won't be the first that I'm wrong. Fwiw, I'm done cycle capping Trammel and I have no intentions of stopping. :smile:
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited December 2020
    DFBB said:
    dkarski87 said:
    I've heard similar sentiments and personally, I can't be happier with the tower. Selfishly, it's allowing me to catch up with pennants and getting two boxes per cycle is awesome. As mentioned a few times, the difficulty is bumped from the Cyber tower, but it's fairly marginal(at diamond) while the rewards really jumped. 

I'd also be surprised if it's just a one day deal, but it certainly won't be the first that I'm wrong. Fwiw, I'm done cycle capping Trammel and I have no intentions of stopping. :smile:
    I think adding a little more LXP to the regular tower and they’d have a great setup.

Make the regular HOF tower the same number of cycles (5) for the LXP....but say half the amount
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    @Houmy get into a habit of restarting your app before 5-9, 4-9
    Thanks brother. Took your advice and no issues this time. Kinda wish this stupid restart mess hadn't happened as otherwise I would have gone for the 5 cycles. The one cycle I did was not hard at all and just took one video restart on 5.10. I'm tempted to give @DFBB a run for his money in the VIP rankings. Last I checked I was ONLY 82 spots behind him 🤔🙄🤣

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    has anyone see Bill?

• RollieFingersRollieFingers Registered Users, Member 129 Posts
    He was in the store earlier 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Ran through the Trammel tower at gold without much problems.  As for skills I have DiMaggio at 20 and nobody else above 16.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    0-7 on these Trammel boxes today....
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    The WOH box is so random but the odds tell us that anyway.  A few weeks ago I went 0-10, today I went 3-5, go figure.  Not sure if it’s going to hold though, my opponent just filed suit for a recount.

P.S. Sorry for the political humor, just couldn’t resist.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    @KCTribe: sorry didn’t see this sooner. Kruk is 12/12 and the WoH add is 9%.

I cycled three times today. I wanted to do five, but I got stuck in RNG hell on 4.10 and just gave up. Took almost an hour to go 0-6 with four of those being a Nine and out. One time I wasted a video reboot only to see a nine and out. I was using VanSlyke on 4.10 at 16/16 with a 7 WoH boost. He did fine the first three times but GLU 

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    edited December 2020
    Still not as enjoyable as it could be, but couldn't pass up approximately a quarter million of LXP
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    This is what killed me today. Opened 15 of the boxes and pulled Trammell only twice. Makes even a mini-cap impossible at that rate. I’d be content if the repull rates were higher. I took him to platinum 7 and couldn’t even cap him. That’s ridiculous given the difficulty level and costs of auto plays and replays, and given that Trammell is so far behind the curve (especially after this upcoming weekend). 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

Kruk is 12/12 and the WoH add is 9%.

This is your problem. If you're not capping skills for a closer you will have inconsistent results even at diamond. There is even greater parity at the lower levels between pitcher and batter ratings so the more you can boost with skill levels the better. A fully capped gold bat is not relative to a fully capped diamond bat. It's just how the numbers shake out. 12/12 was acceptable when pxp came out on keepers before lxp. Just does not cut it anymore.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts

Kruk is 12/12 and the WoH add is 9%.

This is your problem. If you're not capping skills for a closer you will have inconsistent results even at diamond. There is even greater parity at the lower levels between pitcher and batter ratings so the more you can boost with skill levels the better. A fully capped gold bat is not relative to a fully capped diamond bat. It's just how the numbers shake out. 12/12 was acceptable when pxp came out on keepers before lxp. Just does not cut it anymore.
    I’m gold and as said earlier I got thru all five times with Ted and his skills are now 17/17 because I was having a tougher than normal time. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    You also have to take into consideration Ted requires a hit to have always on skills and Kruk depending on the situation could be in a weaker position late in the round if no one is on base. I found the MOB is one of the lesser reliable skills as you are prone to hit homeruns early which can hurt your chances. It worked to a degree last year when facing both Gibson and Babe (at least at diamond) as you would never hit a homerun. So getting a hit early pretty much guaranteed always on skills throughout the round with MOB.