Questions????

ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
Question #1 When you set a 2nd lineup, can you set the batting order for that lineup and be saved or will the batting order change apply to all lineups?

Question #2 What is the best way to handle the slow pitch in WoH? I feel I handle those pitches fairly inefficiently. Should you try to be pushing them to the opposite field? I can get through with them, it's usually by chance or I get a fastball ball mixed in. I'm going for my sixth cycle, I feel if I could handled them better I would have more cycles under my belt, although I could be wrong about that assumption.

Comments

• TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    1- No

2- Always swing late. If you have good matchup you can swing at those change ups. If you have a weak matchup wait for the fastballs.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    1- No

2- Always swing late. If you have good matchup you can swing at those change ups. If you have a weak matchup wait for the fastballs.
    I appreciate the feedback. 👊
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Personally I let the change ups go and wait fir the fast ball.  If I have to hit the change up I have better luck up the middle, opposite way seems to always be a pop up.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    Personally I let the change ups go and wait fir the fast ball.  If I have to hit the change up I have better luck up the middle, opposite way seems to always be a pop up.
    If I pull those pitches I get either noodle bats or weak pop outs, if I hit up the middle it seems as if I get long fly outs and pushing it opposite field it's a toss up between hard grounders that get through, lazy fly balls that get down or fly outs. A little better hit percentages it seems pushing to the opposite field. But I'll try laying of the changes.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited November 2020
    Question #1 When you set a 2nd lineup, can you set the batting order for that lineup and be saved or will the batting order change apply to all lineups?

Question #2 What is the best way to handle the slow pitch in WoH? I feel I handle those pitches fairly inefficiently. Should you try to be pushing them to the opposite field? I can get through with them, it's usually by chance or I get a fastball ball mixed in. I'm going for my sixth cycle, I feel if I could handled them better I would have more cycles under my belt, although I could be wrong about that assumption.
    1)Batting order is universal for all lineups. For example, if the CF is batting 2nd in the active lineup, the CF for lineup 2 and 3 will also bat 2nd.

2)I swing at the first pitch regardless of pitch type unless I'm at 5.10 where I'll sometimes watch the curve go by even if it's down the middle. IMO, the only way to mess up a hittable sequence is to swing 'early.' If you go the other way(opposite field) and it's an out(regardless of pitch type), it was destined to be an out. To be specific, regardless of pitch type, always swing 'late' and go opposite field. Pitch type doesn't matter.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:

1)Batting order is universal for all lineups. For example, if the CF is batting 2nd in the active lineup, the CF for lineup 2 and 3 will also bat 2nd.

2)I swing at the first pitch regardless of pitch type unless I'm at 5.10 where I'll sometimes watch the curve go by even if it's down the middle. IMO, the only way to mess up a hittable sequence is to swing 'early.' If you go the other way(opposite field) and it's an out(regardless of pitch type), it was destined to be an out. To be specific, regardless of pitch type, always swing 'late' and go opposite field. Pitch type doesn't matter.
    Awesome advice. Taking in what everyone has said I'm cycling more frequently and efficiently with virtually no hassles. Bagwell has been crushing Chapman on 5.8 Posada has been holding his own on 5.9 and Chipper has been on cruise control closing out for me. Thank you again everyone🙌
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    DFBB said:

I bow to the “cycling fool”.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I agree with Alex in the fact that it’s destined to be an out then it’s going to be an out. I think the only way to mess up what’s supposed to be a hit us too strike out or possibly to screw it up by hitting a lot of foul balls. I’m using my best righty on 5-9 because Freid throws a lot of slow pitches and closing with a lesser bat has been a non issue 
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    I’ve also had scenarios where the pitcher throws a ball in the dirt and I swing and miss. Then it seems like that at bat is destined to be an out, when it should have been a walk. The next pitch could be down the middle and I’ll pop up or ground out.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    How do MVP rewards work if you're club hopping over the weekend? Do you just get them with whatever club bracket you finish the weekend with, or are you not eligible at all? I'm listed in one,  but I'm not sure I'm even eligible. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    How do MVP rewards work if you're club hopping over the weekend? Do you just get them with whatever club bracket you finish the weekend with, or are you not eligible at all? I'm listed in one,  but I'm not sure I'm even eligible. 
    Ineligible if you club hop. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I figured. Thanks. 
    Need some advice. I just got Trammell, I have Porter, and Robinson. I have Orlando Cabrera leveled S10 but haven't done much with his skills. The dilemma that I have is out of three or four (considering Cabrera) who should I level next? I could go with Trammell but his skills are only good for WoH as Cabrera's skills are good for other modes as well. I could really use a lefty bat with Porter. Robinson is only a consideration because he's an Oriole great as I have Chipper, Pendleton, Bando, and George Brett all leveled at third. I guess talking through it, should it be smarter to level up Cabrera's skills and then level up Porter and kick Posada to DH and put Pendleton as a sub or would it be smarter to level up Trammell over keeping Cabrera?
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    wait for the 550's to drop this weekend? 
    fatDaddy said:
    Since I dropped 40k in gold over the weekend I have to replenish, so.... not really looking to spend any for awhile. Going to have make do with what I got for several weeks.
    @fatDaddy Thanks for your answer anyways. Not the route I want to go...
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    fatDaddy said:
    You think they're dropping 550's on VIP weekend?  My guess is you see one more week

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    The moment they release the top of the curve double Vs RHP you know the bump is coming. I’d guess 550 by mid next week. Likely not on a VIP weekend though.  
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    The moment they release the top of the curve double Vs RHP you know the bump is coming. I’d guess 550 by mid next week. Likely not on a VIP weekend though.  

in that case, my vote goes to Porter - dude has been a stud for me in WoH and other modes. dump Robinson for xp. keep Cabrera over Trammell since you've already started on him (their numbers are close enough and LI is only great for woh, as you said). 
    fatDaddy said:
    in that case, my vote goes to Porter - dude has been a stud for me in WoH and other modes. dump Robinson for xp. keep Cabrera over Trammell since you've already started on him (their numbers are close enough and LI is only great for woh, as you said). 
    That's what I'm thinking. Just needed another opinion making sure that was the right course of action.
    fatDaddy said:
    You think they're dropping 550's on VIP weekend?  

Merry Christmas? 
    fatDaddy said:
    fatDaddy said:

Merry Christmas? 

ho ho ho
    fatDaddy said:
    fatDaddy said:
    fatDaddy said:

Merry Christmas? 

ho ho ho
    Pretty sweet pull