Bullpen Bullies

RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
Looks like Kingman will be the WOH award - 525 LHP and Late inning
Matt Williams 535 LHp LHP
Don Larsen 535 pitcher

Comments

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I think we’ve had this debate before, but double LHP is a pretty crappy skill set. It’s basically good for WOH (when you need a closer against lefties) and the occasional cvc round, and little else. 
  • gocubbiez4417gocubbiez4417 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    I think we’ve had this debate before, but double LHP is a pretty crappy skill set. It’s basically good for WOH (when you need a closer against lefties) and the occasional cvc round, and little else. 
    Agreed. Won’t hardly be used.
    Do or do not, there is no try.
  • Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    Could someone send a screen shot of whats In the boxes today?
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    15 cycles for 37k

gross
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Lol 😂  Glu is like the gang that couldn’t shoot straight. 😂
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Little bump for Larsen 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

What is this?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    Larson is fixed and back to 535.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Well at least we have VIP rewards this weekend. Another set of boxes I won't bother touching. Too many repeats and there will be another bat tomorrow in a separate box.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    Lol figures. I pulled Larsen 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I got excited for a minute thinking Larsen may be the WOH prize. That I would have played for 🙄
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Wondering if the impending bump will be to 545 rather than 550. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    You have to be pretty hardcore to be leveling legend relievers. I still have two BXP relievers who are barely used and have fine numbers. 
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Old Monday setup for WOH. 5.1-5.9 L, 5.10 R. Blue and Fingers are the last 2 pitchers.
    cb11 said:
    Old Monday setup for WOH. 5.1-5.9 L, 5.10 R. Blue and Fingers are the last 2 pitchers.
    Back to ordinary difficulty levels? Which is to say, easy?
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    cb11 said:
    Back to ordinary difficulty levels? Which is to say, easy?
    Yep, just minor annoyance being down 7 against a legend, especially for the lower payout with more cycles needed.
    As much as I love WOH, I might skip it today.  15 cycles for a little LXP isn't worth it when the points are all in bonus games.  And I have no interest in Kingman. 
    edited December 2020
    Metsicans said:
    You have to be pretty hardcore to be leveling legend relievers. I still have two BXP relievers who are barely used and have fine numbers. 
    Oh I am all about pitching as match me games are my favorites. Used to be anyway as these days I can barley find an even match. With each event having 10 or so bonus players and many of them being lower max BXP every match I find is with someone 100K+ less team strength than mine since they mostly have the 1 day rental players on the roster so I keep resigning right away. Now that you can have different lineups I wish they would dedicate one for MMG only and have the app match you with someone comparable 🙄

EDIT: I was also real tempted to have my custom ATG be a pitcher but seeing that I can't find any good matches these days I passed.

Houmy said:
    Oh I am all about pitching as match me games are my favorites. Used to be anyway as these days I can barley find an even match. With each event having 10 or so bonus players and many of them being lower max BXP every match I find is with someone 100K+ less team strength than mine since they mostly have the 1 day rental players on the roster so I keep resigning right away. Now that you can have different lineups I wish they would dedicate one for MMG only and have the app match you with someone comparable 🙄

EDIT: I was also real tempted to have my custom ATG be a pitcher but seeing that I can't find any good matches these days I passed.

I like pitching as well and had an all legend lineup when I was gold. As it stands, I don't like looking at my guys. Especially Eckersley and Sutter 🤢

@retirepujols I've been stalking the player shop to see if I come across Niekro. He'd be a lower max legend but man those knuckle balls will mess you up and he was a Brave after all so.... 

• jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Houmy said:

I like pitching as well and had an all legend lineup when I was gold. As it stands, I don't like looking at my guys. Especially Eckersley and Sutter 🤢

Since i got my lineup all 510+ 20/20 ive been focusing on pitching a lot too. With my current staff im able to put 7 b1 guys in my lineup (to get 6 games/minute wuthout FP) and still win several hundred in a row between losses. I have actually been waiting for a fairbanks type (x factor high arm reliever) for a long time so i was really happy to add him. Ill be capping him tomorrow (hoping to save 1500g with cvc repull before i cap).