Options

#1 Thing to Change in WOH

cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
Award the legend on a set increment. The true luck factor in WOH is the box pulls. Incredibly depressing to go 3 for 25. Yes, I’m bitter. 

Comments

• Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Just don’t play it. Get the player and use him for bonus points in BGs. The reward player typically has woh only skills (useless in all other modes). Diamond and platinum players have no use for these players whatsoever. Silver and gold, I can understand going after these players. They can’t contribute efficiently in the other events, so they’re stuck playing woh only. This game has some painfully obvious trends that everyone needs to see. Don’t exert yourself chasing these behind-the-curve players for the sake of your love for WOH. If you want to run 25 cycles in 12 hours for a useless player, that will inevitably end up being traded within days, go for it.  WOH is dead. I definitely agree that the rewards need to be improved to a guaranteed pull every 2-3 cycles. Until then, it’s a hard pass. 550’s this weekend, which means silver and gold will struggle even further with woh. But don’t worry, they’ll offer up an infielder left bat with close skills to keep you engaged enough to be moderately content
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited December 2020
    Just don’t play it. Get the player and use him for bonus points in BGs. The reward player typically has woh only skills (useless in all other modes). Diamond and platinum players have no use for these players whatsoever. Silver and gold, I can understand going after these players. They can’t contribute efficiently in the other events, so they’re stuck playing woh only. This game has some painfully obvious trends that everyone needs to see. Don’t exert yourself chasing these behind-the-curve players for the sake of your love for WOH. If you want to run 25 cycles in 12 hours for a useless player, that will inevitably end up being traded within days, go for it.  WOH is dead. I definitely agree that the rewards need to be improved to a guaranteed pull every 2-3 cycles. Until then, it’s a hard pass. 550’s this weekend, which means silver and gold will struggle even further with woh. But don’t worry, they’ll offer up an infielder left bat with close skills to keep you engaged enough to be moderately content

Why so much hate for silver and gold players?  I mean did your woman run off with one since they didn’t spend all their time cycling Bg?  It’s a stupid phone game, the less time and effort you invest the better, let the hate go.

For the record I am gold and have no problems with WOH, cycle without losing or using gold.  Today I didn’t play a single matchup, instead I pretended I was a diamond stud like you and played 700 bg with the Babe for points and gloves.   I have to tell you, even with field pass it was a nightmarish grind for me.  Maybe not for you and that’s great, but not how I want to spend time.

Peace out brother!  Btw, when are we going to get together for our duet of “You’ve Got A Friend in me”?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    @cb11 - sorry man, that's just awful luck.  I once went 4 for 29 and was pretty ticked off.  I think a reasonable alternative to getting the player after a set increment could be to have a pity timer on the WOH reward box - let's say every 4 cycles.  This would allow some element of luck to continue to exist but would set a floor, so that if you do 25 cycles you know that you'll get the player at least 6 times.

@CanadaCubs - I may be in the minority, but I have a solid diamond team and WOH is still my bread and butter - there's really no more efficient way to accumulate resources.  I agree with you that generally the reward players are a bit behind the curve, but if my options are to: 1) pay roughly 565K LXP (at a 40% discount) and gold chasing a shiny new toy, or 2) spend some gold power cycling WOH for a solid (but not great) legend player and get a cheap (if not free) cap, plus a capped prime and roughly 300K PXP, I'll take option 2 every time.  As an example, today I capped Kingman by starting him at D4 and then pulling him on 7 of 25 boxes - I actually gained about 48K LXP, while spending only about 5K gold in levelling and power cycling costs.  Now I have two capped players for tomorrow's event (including the prime) and a useful WOH asset for the future.  To each their own, but I'll take as many easy to obtain and cheap to level assets as I can get.      
  • Options
    cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    @SandlotGuru a pity timer would be perfect. I was par for the course the last 2 WOH and it worked out great, but was scared this might happen eventually. I treat it with the same strategy you do. Monday is worth it now with the new tower to mitigate risk and the weekend gives you time to regress to the mean if bad luck happens at first. I’m just very demotivated to try to cycle cap again on a Wednesday. 
  • Options
    whynot said:

Why so much hate for silver and gold players?  I mean did your woman run off with one since they didn’t spend all their time cycling Bg?  It’s a stupid phone game, the less time and effort you invest the better, let the hate go.

For the record I am gold and have no problems with WOH, cycle without losing or using gold.  Today I didn’t play a single matchup, instead I pretended I was a diamond stud like you and played 700 bg with the Babe for points and gloves.   I have to tell you, even with field pass it was a nightmarish grind for me.  Maybe not for you and that’s great, but not how I want to spend time.

Peace out brother!  Btw, when are we going to get together for our duet of “You’ve Got A Friend in me”?
    Lol. That actually made me laugh. There’s no hate, I’m just an aśshole. Somewhat of a difference. 
    As for the duet, I’m all in
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Went 4/31 with JT as reward couple weeks ago starting at D3, refused to bump out of spite as I went and ultimately manually capped. Blue was better with 6/23 and Brooks this past weekend 5/26. A pity timer at every 4th or 5th box is needed. I'm okay with putting in the work if the player is worth it but going D4 or D5 and coming up short after 25 cycles is just shite.
  • Options
    Went 4/31 with JT as reward couple weeks ago starting at D3, refused to bump out of spite as I went and ultimately manually capped. Blue was better with 6/23 and Brooks this past weekend 5/26. A pity timer at every 4th or 5th box is needed. I'm okay with putting in the work if the player is worth it but going D4 or D5 and coming up short after 25 cycles is just shite.
    Definitely agree. I did 25 cycles on 2 occasions recently, brought the player up to D3-D4, and expected the cap. Ended up falling short on the box pulls. Went 3/25 and 4/25. This is a major problem in terms of time invested. These 2 occasions soured me out of woh entirely. The cost to bring up a legend from D7 to D10 is a heavy cost as you know. There needs to be some kind of guarantee in place to make it worthwhile. 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited December 2020
     pity timer on the WOH reward box -       
    YES! THIS is my biggest problem with WOH. The time or two I decide to do 25+ cycles i end up 3 for 31 on the box and have an uncapped Vida Blue 😑 it SUCKS! If there isn't a pity timer, then make the player guaranteed at the set intervals already established (ie if you get lxp at 15 and 25 cycles, then you also get the legend reward on those cycles). I would be fine knowing I'm getting the player 3 times guaranteed and have a 22% shot on each box. That would allow me to know what I need to do going in to the 25th cycle. Guy at d9? I'm good. He's below d9? Might as well level him and get the guaranteed cap before finishing that cycle. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    DHGGGDHGGG Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    1 for 13 before I gave up.. what a joke
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    edited December 2020
    Thats a great suggestion @SandlotGuru. I also went 2 for 25 yesterday, 3 if you want count getting him on the 3rd cycle. Its def a swift kick in the nuts when the odds are against you. Still dont understand why we dont have him set at every 3 cycles. Even that's is pretty shit at this point in the year. But then again, its not like they give a shit anyways.  Even if they do it every 3 now, I think that time window has already passed and we should be at every cycle by now. 

Set the WOH box at every 3 cycles, problem solved.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
     we should be at every cycle by now. 

How I miss those days. Pull a player at your current tier and get them at every cycle. Of course it was much harder and not many multi cycled but still. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited December 2020
    yesterday was just a BS, lazy effort from GLU.  The regular tower Monday was 45k For 10 cycles and yesterday drops to 37k for 15.  It’s absurd.

they absolutely HAVE to introduce some mechanism to guarantee player repulls for some number of cycles.

ive seen very few things in 20 that more universally sour players on the game than getting the raw end of the deal on WOH box repulls.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yea this is probably hands down one the worst years ever when it comes to user satisfaction within the game. The overall feel and enjoyment just hasn't been there all year long. But for the most part, everyone is still here because they know they have everyone suckered in already. Sad fact, that what could be a real great game is just brushed aside from the people running it. They truly dont give a shit about anything. Don't get it wrong, its a business. They need to make money on it, so I understand why they dont want to give players the opportunity to milk the shit out of resources in WOH. You can bet your sweet asses that if they made the event how it use to be, that people like @DFBB , myself and many others would be sitting there all day cycling for 12hrs non stop.  Shit throw that into a royale weekend.... I'll be walking out with 5-6m lxp easily come Sunday night. They just want people to buy the LXP instead of earning it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    yesterday was just a BS, lazy effort from GLU.  The regular tower Monday was 45k For 10 cycles and yesterday drops to 37k for 15.  It’s absurd.

they absolutely HAVE to introduce some mechanism to guarantee player repulls for some number of cycles.

ive seen very few things in 20 that more universally sour players on the game than getting the raw end of the deal on WOH box repulls.

FWIW it signals to me that the gated tower is going to stay if this is what Royale becomes, but I will never do 25 cycles on Royale day if I'm down 7 at 5.10 for less lxp than on Monday. Just a non-starter.
  • Options

FWIW it signals to me that the gated tower is going to stay if this is what Royale becomes, but I will never do 25 cycles on Royale day if I'm down 7 at 5.10 for less lxp than on Monday. Just a non-starter.
    The gated tower was fun, but having to do three cycles to get it open just pissed me off.

I’m watching club mates put up huge points while I got unlucky with boxes and had to do three full cycles to get it open.  Just pissed me off.  I fortunately had the time to get the (5) in on that tower, but it put a really bad taste in my mouth
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    Yea this is probably hands down one the worst years ever when it comes to user satisfaction within the game. The overall feel and enjoyment just hasn't been there all year long. But for the most part, everyone is still here because they know they have everyone suckered in already. Sad fact, that what could be a real great game is just brushed aside from the people running it. They truly dont give a shit about anything. Don't get it wrong, its a business. They need to make money on it, so I understand why they dont want to give players the opportunity to milk the shit out of resources in WOH. You can bet your sweet asses that if they made the event how it use to be, that people like @DFBB , myself and many others would be sitting there all day cycling for 12hrs non stop.  Shit throw that into a royale weekend.... I'll be walking out with 5-6m lxp easily come Sunday night. They just want people to buy the LXP instead of earning it.
    This is compounded by the fact that they announced “improved user retention tactics” when it dropped.  

If you asked 100 people that played previous seasons...how they feel now compared to years past...how many people are MORE excited now?