Options

WoH Royale 12/2/20: GOING BACKWARDS....AGAIN

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

So the setup is the same as the third tower was on Monday.  Same pitchers on Level 5.  You are also down the same amount of runs against those pitchers. 8-5, 6-1, 7-0. They also expect you to cycle 15 times against this set up whereas Monday you could cycle 10 for more LxP.

In other words, it isn't worth it.

Good job, GLU. I won't be playing one of my favorite events now.

Good luck everyone!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Comments

• Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    15 Cycles on a Wednesday SUUUUUUCCCCKKKKSSS
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I honestly never though they would give us the "MEGA" towers at every WOH. True that they said Monday was a trial but even if they decide to make it permanent they would probably do it once a week. Too many resources to be gained for them to make it the new format for every WOH event. Just wouldn't make sense from the business point of view IMO.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    LondonBoyLondonBoy Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    it's sucked all the fun out of it. I'm gold and for a while, WoH was doable and even fun. but not since they made it so much harder 
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    edited December 2020
    my third time through and im 0-2 against Fingers. Really weird, but ill call it quits for the day

Update: 1-4 against Fingers and that was with a gold restart and 80 gold boost.
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I wasn't expecting this to be like Monday at all. What I meant with my post was I was expecting a situation where you wouldn't need 20+ runs to clear the last three on Level 5, along with the expectation of clearing 15 times.

If they had the old set up where 5.8-5.10 were down 3, 3, and 4, that would have been "OK".  But to still have the 15 cycle requirement with a longer cycle time is just stupid, especially for the rewards offered.

Not a good way to keep consistent customers engaged at all. I loved Royale Wednesdays too. Will be the first one in a long time I won't play.

BTW: I cleared it the first time. No reboots needed. Just don't have the time to do it 15 times with that requirement and prize. Not to mention the boxes today suck really hard.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I cycled once today with no trouble, pulled Kingman from the box and called it quits. Losing 90% of bgs at silver is not worth even trying. I’m not whining and I’m not going diamond. Just saying that between WOH(I’ll usually only do the 3 cycles to get the player) Royale (unless I get a bonus player for prime games) and bonus game events Glu has steered me away from this game during these events. There’s no reason why we can’t get better matchups in bgs like we do in prime games. Ive accepted the way that it is so this is not a complaint. These are just a few ways that they keep the lower tier guys from getting more engaged in this game and active in all events 
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Babe at 20/20 was no match for Fingers. I waltzed 3 times and quit. Was it Babe? Yeah, probably. But I had the gold, leveled to 20/20 and it was easy. In fact, my underlings at 16/16 had no problems either. I cannot emphasize enough how happy I am at Silver. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Babe at 20/20 was no match for Fingers. I waltzed 3 times and quit. Was it Babe? Yeah, probably. But I had the gold, leveled to 20/20 and it was easy. In fact, my underlings at 16/16 had no problems either. I cannot emphasize enough how happy I am at Silver. 
    Sometimes it feels like this board has been reduced to diamond guys humble bragging about being diamond, and silver/gold guys defending the decision to stay at their levels. 

Everyone just do you! You’ll be happier. I could go into the reasons I find silver pointless, and then the reasons why I don’t want to go diamond (time, money). But then I will start wondering why I play this game at all. I’ll save that for another day. 
  • Options
    baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Oh. I know why you play this game @Metsicans To kick my a** at HR Battles! Man I hate when I get matched against you.
  • Options
    Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts

I wasn't expecting this to be like Monday at all. What I meant with my post was I was expecting a situation where you wouldn't need 20+ runs to clear the last three on Level 5, along with the expectation of clearing 15 times.

If they had the old set up where 5.8-5.10 were down 3, 3, and 4, that would have been "OK".  But to still have the 15 cycle requirement with a longer cycle time is just stupid, especially for the rewards offered.

Not a good way to keep consistent customers engaged at all. I loved Royale Wednesdays too. Will be the first one in a long time I won't play.

BTW: I cleared it the first time. No reboots needed. Just don't have the time to do it 15 times with that requirement and prize. Not to mention the boxes today suck really hard.

I couldn’t beat WOH till July and this was my first failure since then. True, I didn’t try as hard as on a Monday but every time I got within 1 run of MadBum or Rollie, I got curved out. 

Ask me to score 7 runs if you want but, in return, at least make it possible for me to do so.