Player Shop

GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
What have you seen so far that make sense to buy? I have bought bonus games, dinger ticket, XP boxes. I have the opportunity to buy a capped Prime Player that yields 15 000 PXP for 320 000 blue cash. I'm not sure I see value there.
We are all beta testers
Prev1

Comments

• babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    That seems like a good deal to me.  I buy prime players for 320K to get 2k prime.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    What have you seen so far that make sense to buy? I have bought bonus games, dinger ticket, XP boxes. I have the opportunity to buy a capped Prime Player that yields 15 000 PXP for 320 000 blue cash. I'm not sure I see value there.
    I got two BXP 475 POTM pitchers that are still boosted. One starter and one reliever so it's a great deal as what else am I gonna do with all that BXP? Also picked up Eckersley. There are always some things to be found depending on your needs.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    I picked up 520 Boone, only to replace him the next weekend with a box pull. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Houmy said:
    I got two BXP 475 POTM pitchers that are still boosted. One starter and one reliever so it's a great deal as what else am I gonna do with all that BXP? Also picked up Eckersley. There are always some things to be found depending on your needs.
    My 475 POTM was just decreased to 390. I took plenty of screenshots, so I’ll open a ticket for a refund. I’ll be holding my breath, so check on me from time to time.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    edited December 2020
    tshea510 said:
    Houmy said:
    My 475 POTM was just decreased to 390. I took plenty of screenshots, so I’ll open a ticket for a refund. I’ll be holding my breath, so check on me from time to time.
    Yup. Just checked and mine dropped as well. Starter was moved to inactive anyway and reliever wouldn't see any action probably so I'm not worried about it. Still bad business dropping a September POTM in December when they "forgot" to code it right but I got too many other problems to worry about this.

• ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Thx for the post @GoExpos1994. Made take a look for 3rd time ever and was happy to spend 30k cash for 6 Dinger rounds. Nice deal since even if I get 0 gold dingers I’ll get back 34k cash regardless 😀
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    I’ve seen expired POTWs in the store. The store player reflects his current state and the Sept POTMs had their boost until yesterday. 
    Houmy said:
    tshea510 said:
    Houmy said:
    Yup. Just checked and mine dropped as well. Starter was moved to inactive anyway and reliever wouldn't see any action probably so I'm not worried about it. Still bad business dropping a September POTM in December when they "forgot" to code it right but I got too many other problems to worry about this.
    Predictably, I got this reply from a so called supervisor, who apparently could give a crap about customers and goodwill:

“ Thank you for waiting. Your ticket was escalated to me by Ariel.

Please be advised that this is a former player of the month. The max overall stats of former POTMs are reduced after a certain period of time. Please note that we will not return any resources spent for the player. We understand your frustration when you thought you will still get the boosted stats even though his boost was long gone. We have taken this as feedback to avoid any possible confusion with other POTMs in the store.”

Removing the unused player and returning Monopoly money is too much to ask of this company.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    LOL. Way to go GLU!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

LOL. Way to go GLU!
    You’ll love this from another supervisor. This screw job was INTENTIONAL!

“Please know that such feature of the game is an intended thing to happen to such players. Hence, we cannot return any resources spent on the upgrade of the player.

If you have other questions or concerns, please send us a new message.

Best Regards,
    Maki
    Glu Mobile Customer Care

Yup. Pretty crappy thing to do and for such a small thing as most POTW & POTM don't even matter at this point. This is nothing like the 300X MLXP boxes that turned into 30X after the purchase and is such a small thing that shows you how little some of the decision makers care about customer service and putting some goodwill out there. I don't even know which #gate to categorize this under. 🤷‍♂️🙄

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I don’t understand though. You purchased a Potm/Poty that was accidentally still boosted in player store, and then that player got reduced to their non boosted stats?  Isn’t that the design of these players?
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    The player was a Sept POTM whose boost expired on Oct 6. This player was made available on Nov 18 with original boost. Why would one think there would be a reduction in December with no mention of it? Yes, it’s obviously another coding error from this mistake prone team, but how much does goodwill cost to say, “yup, mistake on our part, here’s your blue cash back and we’ll remove the player”? Much better than the middle finger and big FU.
    @CanadaCubs I thought they would eventually figure out their mistake and fix it and since it was just BXP I didn't care and honestly even it was PXP I wouldn't care at this point so I wasn't personally bugged by it. You have to admit though that is very petty of them to do something like this for a what is pretty much a bottom of the barrel player.  

Houmy said:
    @CanadaCubs I thought they would eventually figure out their mistake and fix it and since it was just BXP I didn't care and honestly even it was PXP I wouldn't care at this point so I wasn't personally bugged by it. You have to admit though that is very petty of them to do something like this for a what is pretty much a bottom of the barrel player.  
    Yes, I can be a horse’s ass about this, but it’s the principle of the thing, not the resources. And in all this time, NO ONE has even admitted it was a mistake on their end. Typical
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I’m sooo confused!  Petty???  Not admitting they made a mistake???  You guys know your playing a glu game right? @Houmy @tshea510
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    I’m sooo confused!  Petty???  Not admitting they made a mistake???  You guys know your playing a glu game right? @Houmy @tshea510
    🤣🤣

I'll be honest here. There have been numerous times where GLU has made up for mistakes from their end and  other than the old #skillsgate I have been pretty satisfied with all the resolutions when it comes to the bugs & mistakes that I was involved in personally. And as I said this one didn't bother me one bit other than being a letdown for the level of low customer care shown for something so small hence the petty remark.

There are mistakes where you just can't make up for it like the 300X MLXP* error and then there are mistakes like this that they shouldn't even bother fixing as the "rewards" are so small at this point. 

*I still feel bad for all those who got the shaft with this one

I totally agree @houmy. I never did anything with the player as he was on inactive, like yours. But you nailed it, “the low level of customer care”. That’s what pisses me off about the whole thing. A big middle finger and a FU. I truly believe this low level customer service department will drive many players away, or at least drive their money away. Happy players spend more money, a concept totally foreign to this company. 
    Having it out with Blue Leopard over this. He’s in attack mode, so am I. If I’m banned, so be it, less money they make from me. They seem to have building a money making system, happy customer system in opposite order. I’m about done. Customer Service is everything and this company just doesn’t get “it”
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    edited December 2020
    He’s MIA 95% of the time anyway. Whatever happened to that old saying:
    “ the customer is always right “ Glu is acting like they’re doing us a favor by allowing us to play and spend our money on this app. 
    Ahhh......the goodwill from CS is just overpowering. Another middle finger and FU. Hey Blue, do you understand how badly your CS Dept SUCKS?

“Thank you for getting back to us and for your patience. I'm now taking over as part of the escalation. I understand where you are coming from regarding the matter. Please be advised that we have already addressed this issue and that the account will continue as it is. 

For other concerns, please send us a message by creating a new in-game ticket.

Kind regards,
    Calix
    Glu Mobile Customer Care”
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Ahhh......the goodwill from CS is just overpowering. Another middle finger and FU. Hey Blue, do you understand how badly your CS Dept SUCKS?

“Thank you for getting back to us and for your patience. I'm now taking over as part of the escalation. I understand where you are coming from regarding the matter. Please be advised that we have already addressed this issue and that the account will continue as it is. 

For other concerns, please send us a message by creating a new in-game ticket.

Kind regards,
    Calix
    Glu Mobile Customer Care”
    By saying "I understand" is essentially saying you have a point and that you have a viable claim. The only point they are making is pointing the middle finger at you all the while making themselves look like Glutards with each every response. I'm mean for gosh sakes can't CS just show some goodwill here and turn this bad situation around isn't that what good customer service is supposed to do. It would only benefit them in the end. That's basic customer service 101🤷
    Yeah, it’s really not about the issue anymore, we all know how screwed up that dev team is. Now it’s more about trying to bring attention to a certain “someone”, who states nothing escapes him on these forums, that his CS Dept is a total disaster and instead of offering support, they further piss off customers that the dev team already pissed off.
    My issue has been resolved, it’s over, done, stick a fork in it. Just beware of things in that shop....if it looks too good to be true, RUN AWAY! 😎
    Please refer to my signature for an understanding of how much blue (and glu) know about the game.
    - Blueleopard
    I can’t LOL. But I want to. But I can’t. 😎
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited December 2020
    whynot said:
    Please refer to my signature for an understanding of how much blue (and glu) know about the game.
    At least I know how to spell blue.

I don't think you realize how much people in the gaming industry work with numbers. From versions of the game to versions of various platforms and devices, to frequent tuning of stats and attributes, not to mention TSB isn't the only game I work on or play?  But sure, blame me for your inability to type Round 5, Level 7. :wink:
    edited December 2020
    Sorry, my bad for expecting too much like customer service and integrity.

Edit; fixed my spelling error, never noticed it before 🤣🤣

Edit 2;  Was getting pissed blul (intentional) had more lol’s then me, but after a few beers I’m good now.  Respect.
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:

Edit 2;  Was getting pissed blul (intentional) had more lol’s then me, but after a few beers I’m good now.  Respect.
    We doing a LOL contest? As in a profile LOL count? Why didn't anyone tell me? @[Glu Sports] blueleopard winner gets a 2021 custom ATG or something? 😏

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Houmy said:
    whynot said:

We doing a LOL contest? As in a profile LOL count? Why didn't anyone tell me? @[Glu Sports] blueleopard winner gets a 2021 custom ATG or something? 😏
    I would like to enter thus contest, please. No one takes me seriously around here.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71