A Non-VIP Gift? šŸŽ

Comments

• KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    edited December 2020

Yep, with the new tower Mookie would kill it for me. Oh well, not meant to be.

I do have 800K LxP now. I'll reach 20K in gold before the end of the month and drop that to get the 100K LxP in the fifth 20K spend box.Ā  That should be enough resources for the rest of the year. Since we won't see blue LxP boxes in the store, that at least was the silver lining in the train wreck.

That sucks man... I wouldā€™ve recommended spending your savings on the mid-week boxes. The odds are slightly better. I try to avoid chasing on the weekends because more times than not I end up disappointed. Maybe keep that in mind for the next time the reserves pile up.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts

They are. Beaucoup TnA to go along with great music.

Satchel is a fantastic guitarist too. Dude is amazing.

My good friend took a chick to a Steel Panther concert on their first date...I kid you not, they got married at the end of October šŸ˜‚
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    I was supposed to see Steel Panther but Covid cancelled it. I was so pissed.
    This, but I was supposed to see Gojira and Deftones. It was the most I was looking forward to a concert in YEARS... but 2020.

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    This, but I was supposed to see Gojira and Deftones. It was the most I was looking forward to a concert in YEARS... but 2020.
    Gojira sounds like a good time! Deftones would most likely be my "go take a leak and buy a couple more beers before things get real" break.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    I want to see Gojira so bad. I saw Deftones and Periphery together in 2013. So badass

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lostĀ at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Steering back on topic:

How about that awesome gift notification at 0105hrs EDT? The one that was also empty.Ā 
    You can't blame Chad because he hadalready finished his 4th White Claw and white girl wasted passed outĀ 

@KCTribe: I dropped 100K chasing Giambi a while back so I avoid those boxes like COVIDĀ 

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lostĀ at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Ā 4th White Claw and white girl wasted passed outĀ 

My kinda guy
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Got GLUed again. Two BxP boxes, third box flips the pity timer, then I get the worst prime again. 130 Mookie boxes and just pulled Betts once. Lolololol

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Iā€™m sure that Iā€™ll get Chaz Roe again after this cvc-itā€™s pity time again. Iā€™m no still in search of my first ATG also. Although my holder team that I log into 1-2 times a week has Babe.Ā 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Got GLUed again. Two BxP boxes, third box flips the pity timer, then I get the worst prime again. 130 Mookie boxes and just pulled Betts once. Lolololol
    I feel you doc, I wanted a Mookie but got none, I also spent a ton of gold 40k (not as much as you) plus all the boxes from vip, fan rewards and field pass and wasnā€™t able to pull him, while I am disappointed I wonā€™t complain because I have been pretty lucky recently so I was expecting it to run out, maybe Iā€™ll get lucky during the week, and maybe you will as well. Chin up doc. āœŒšŸ¼
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    Gojira sounds like a good time! Deftones would most likely be my "go take a leak and buy a couple more beers before things get real" break.
    From what I hear Gojira is an experience like none other live, so I was pumped šŸ˜” Iā€™m not the biggest of Deftones fans either so yeah I wouldā€™ve been right there at the bar with you to get ready for the main event.Ā 

TSB and metal music. Glad some of us have more than one thing in common šŸ¤˜
    KCTribe said:
    TSB and metal music. Glad some of us have more than one thing in common šŸ¤˜

^the real reason 2020 is a šŸ’© show^Ā 
    šŸ¤˜šŸ»šŸ˜ˆšŸŗ
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited December 2020
    You youngsters donā€™t have a clue forĀ music. Here ya go Doc, should be your theme song...

https://youtu.be/uEFChMd8-7U
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? šŸ¤·
    Doc has definitely been mistreated and music will never be the same!Ā 
    My favorite Deep Purple song by far

Lol. Six CvC wins this weekend. ALL BxP with one pity timer pull of the worst player. Theyā€™ve really taken the shine off of winning CvC this year.Ā 

I didnā€™t get the worst player on the pity timer but the second worst prime. Remember the good days when there was no pity timer? Lol. Iā€™ll take this setup over the old setup any day of the weekĀ 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    I didnā€™t get the worst player on the pity timer but the second worst prime. Remember the good days when there was no pity timer? Lol. Iā€™ll take this setup over the old setup any day of the weekĀ 
    Oh most definitely, without a doubt I'd take this setup over the old one. I just picked up Mookie Wilson from a CvC box. Pretty stoked about that pickup.... really solidified by WoH roster... especially being a switch hitter with really solid WoH skills. Him and Tha Babe should be a decent 1-2 punch with Chipper, Porter and Bagwell I finally have pretty good WoH depth.
  • RollieFingersRollieFingers Registered Users, Member 129 Posts
    Pity timer last CVC on the cheap box.Ā 

So get a load of this BS.

I was still salty yesterday evening from blowing my wad and not getting Mookie I decided to do the unthinkable and buy the 28 box deal for $19.99. That's equal to 14K gold. I was already in that deep, so why the heck not. Open up the boxes and it is nothing but the SOS, with the two pity timer turns being the lowest prime again. I was nearly in a rage. Four boxes left, on the last one, I get Gehrig. LOL

Great. Well now I want to level Gehrig but don't want to leave my club and lose my other items from the weekend due to points, etc. So I buy the FP. Needed those to flip the pity timers on both boxes anyway.

First pull from Cheap boxes is Templeton. LOLOLOL

Within the other 14 boxes left, I end up getting the catcher too. LOLOLOL

Lastly, finish off the 500 boxes to get me to the pity timer, and I got Mookie. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Oh this effing game. Next time I'll just wait until Sunday night and try. Leveled them all, capped Gehrig at 20/20, Mookie at 17/17, and the others at 12/12. Still have 500K LxP.

Ive often got the my best weekend pull at the last minute such as pulling Betts last night after cvc. Congrats DocĀ 
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited December 2020
    There's been a "non-VIP" gift for the last three months now.Ā  Users that are not VIPs and are opted into e-mails should receive the Tap Sports Strike Zone Newsletter every First Friday of the Month, much like the VIPs get the VIP Newsletter every First Friday too. Both of them contain information on gifts sent out that day.

More attentive users will notice that the first gift, intended for all users, was the same as the usual VIP Monthly Gift, except the amount of 250 and 500 gold bonus boxes were switched.Ā  The person that set them up didn't see this detail and incorrectly marked as the VIP Newsletter Gift.Ā  Ā This was actually the monthly Strike Zone Gift aka the Biggest Gift in TSB History to go along with the Season of Gifting activity we're doing.

VIPs should've gotten the Strike Zone Gift, the monthly VIP Gift with the proper amount of Bonus Boxes along with an extra gift containing Billy Wagner and an Acuna sticker. Those subscribed to the VIP Newsletter also get an additional bonus.Ā  In all, VIPs should've gotten three, because the system doesn't support giving more than 12 unique items at a time.

Just wanted to clear that up in case it confused anyone. The screw up was in gift titling.
    2003cobra said:
    Ive often got the my best weekend pull at the last minute such as pulling Betts last night after cvc. Congrats DocĀ 
    Same here but today I got Babe early and played all day

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    There's been a "non-VIP" gift for the last three months now.Ā  Users that are not VIPs and are opted into e-mails should receive the Tap Sports Strike Zone Newsletter every First Friday of the Month, much like the VIPs get the VIP Newsletter every First Friday too. Both of them contain information on gifts sent out that day.

More attentive users will notice that the first gift, intended for all users, was the same as the usual VIP Monthly Gift, except the amount of 250 and 500 gold bonus boxes were switched.Ā  The person that set them up didn't see this detail and incorrectly marked as the VIP Newsletter Gift.Ā  Ā This was actually the monthly Strike Zone Gift aka the Biggest Gift in TSB History to go along with the Season of Gifting activity we're doing.

VIPs should've gotten the Strike Zone Gift, the monthly VIP Gift with the proper amount of Bonus Boxes along with an extra gift containing Billy Wagner and an Acuna sticker. Those subscribed to the VIP Newsletter also get an additional bonus.Ā  In all, VIPs should've gotten three, because the system doesn't support giving more than 12 unique items at a time.

Just wanted to clear that up in case it confused anyone. The screw up was in gift titling.
    Do you guys not have a QC team? Ā Just seems there is always something so simple that couldā€™ve been prevented by some reasonable measure. The uproar blasted through global pretty well all day Friday. Itā€™s something that most heavy users are accustomed to, and surely CS got overloaded by this.Ā 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"

We are the QC and QA team, broseph. This is part of their revenue model.

This is a huge savings for them, plus they profit more when they screw up and then don't give the customers what they pay for. Couple that with rigged boxes, rigged events, resource squeeze, etc, and this is a boon for GLU.

We here are all part of the problem because we come back for more. We are the battered girlfriends, and GLU is the alcoholic/abusive boyfriend that gets off on beating us to a pulp.

• jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    edited December 2020

We are the QC and QA team, broseph. This is part of their revenue model.

This is a huge savings for them, plus they profit more when they screw up and then don't give the customers what they pay for. Couple that with rigged boxes, rigged events, resource squeeze, etc, and this is a boon for GLU.

We here are all part of the problem because we come back for more. We are the battered girlfriends, and GLU is the alcoholic/abusive boyfriend that gets off on beating us to a pulp.

That analogy is a bit dramatic...Ā 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    As far as this thread goes VIP got double the gifts and non-VIP got a really nice gift regardless of the initial title screwup so are we just venting now just for the sake of venting? Just saying.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Houmy said:
    As far as this thread goes VIP got double the gifts and non-VIP got a really nice gift regardless of the initial title screwup so are we just venting now just for the sake of venting? Just saying.
    I just want another gift. Something nice obviouslyĀ 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Houmy said:
    I just want another gift. Something nice obviouslyĀ 
    Don't we all buddy. Don't we all šŸ––
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022