Options

Lopsided matchups in Bonus games/Tournaments

Ak2019Ak2019 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
Attached is image of atypical matchup on any given day for Bonus games or Tournament matchups. Even with a Ace Legend pitcher and 80 Gold boost, you Lose 100% of these matchups making progress to the next level nearly impossible. Anybody except GLU employees (which I'm sure they will anyways) can respond.

Comments

• Options
    RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    How far are you from leveling up?  Do you truly want to level up?  You could always try Match Me matchups.
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Ak2019 said:
    Attached is image of atypical matchup on any given day for Bonus games or Tournament matchups. Even with a Ace Legend pitcher and 80 Gold boost, you Lose 100% of these matchups making progress to the next level nearly impossible. Anybody except GLU employees (which I'm sure they will anyways) can respond.
    How many wins do you have? There are threshold milestones that dictate your matchups
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    edited December 2020
    Likely you have a high win total for gold level. I’ve gotten less of this since I went platinum. But I still get some tough draws. The block button does not work at all for any mode now so won’t help.
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    My profile for a reference point.  I currently win 80% ish of BG and as for tourney I would say I win 50% of finals.  I also went thru a stage where I got my butt kicked constantly in bg but that changed once prime came out.  I think that is a big part of the issue, prime or better starters (obviously a gold is never going to beat the opponent in the op pic).  The “threshold” can be overcome, just takes time and improvement.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    Ak2019Ak2019 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    In TSB19 the matchups were fair so people moved through the ranks. TSB20 is looking to throttle the natural progress so players out of frustration resort to making purchases.
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    It’s a hell of a business model. And it works. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Ak2019 said:
    In TSB19 the matchups were fair so people moved through the ranks. TSB20 is looking to throttle the natural progress so players out of frustration resort to making purchases.
    Think your looking thru rose colored glasses, it’s always been like this.  It may be a.little worse this year but not much.  At least that been my experience at gold.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    it’s definitely a drawback to staying at silver. I get platinum matchups a lot 
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    One thing that can help a bit is some nerfing. Put 1 stars on your bench and if you are using my legend put one at that position too. Also put 1 star at long and RP2 because if those guys are pitching you aren’t winning the game anyway. Make another lineup with max strength for cvc/bash/eb etc.