WOH 12/7/2020

13Next

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Time for the dam WOH box timer, Im calling it quits today after going 1 for 38 on boxes. Such a piss to keep pulling the 4k option at the same rate as the actual player. Total horseshit.  @DFBB @jalapenocubbies @SandlotGuru
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    ouch
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Time for the dam WOH box timer, Im calling it quits today after going 1 for 38 on boxes. Such a piss to keep pulling the 4k option at the same rate as the actual player. Total horseshit.  @DFBB @jalapenocubbies @SandlotGuru
    Wow. That's just gross.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    DirectFX said:
    Think the problem is you forgot to add if you guys maxing skills are ViPs and how much gold you spend daily and how much real money you spend . Easy to sit there and say max skills but between bonus players for clubs, bad luck not pulling top players and if not vip/ big spender there are limits to amount of resources you have mainly gold and xp . Stop making it sound like it’s easy to max skills if you aren’t VIP and problay buying Field Pass weekly for discount, and buying bunch of specials so basically unlimited in chasing top ATG, have custom players, get ton gold n resources from vip gifts or finishing high in ViP only leaderboards . Need an asterisk with these replies about just level skills . Plus total amount of lxp go to level 16 both skills is about 100k lxp in addition to lxp need to level player to Gold 10 . Just gotta be transparent if gonna call guys dumb for not leveling skills to 16+ in gold 
    Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean the answer isn't true. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited December 2020
    https://streamable.com/wypbrv 

This happens to me all the time, and I haven't heard it talked about before. Is anyone else experiencing this extremely annoying bug?

Edit: pitchers just stare me down but are scared to throw the ball. The blue in the video is just to show me interacting with my screen. 

https://streamable.com/2udbpg 
    Another example ^
    That’s crazy. Never seen that one before 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    https://streamable.com/wypbrv 

This happens to me all the time, and I haven't heard it talked about before. Is anyone else experiencing this extremely annoying bug?

Edit: pitchers just stare me down but are scared to throw the ball. The blue in the video is just to show me interacting with my screen. 

https://streamable.com/2udbpg 
    Another example ^
    It’s another form of their patented User Retention Tactics to keep you more involved in this great game. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    2003cobra said:
    That’s crazy. Never seen that one before 
    Its hard to win a staring contest against software. 
    I assume that would go on as long as you let it. Kinda like the cvc panning? 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I'm calling it quits as well brother. Did one cycle at work (busy day. Xmas and all) and another once I got home after eating and planned on 3 more for the 60K lxp but just got a heads up challenge (poker) so time to make some $$$ 🤫
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

lol forgot to tag you @Houmy...Make it happen pls.
    – The Great Houmy
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Well FML. Franking hour long server restart scheduled out of nowhere in the middle of my $$$ game so we decided to call it a draw and now I'm too passed to get back to WOH. I hate Mondays 😐
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    So I got lucky and pulled Babe today. Lol 
    Bought a FP then pulled Sabo.
    I cycled the hard tower five tImes at gold. Used Mookie on 8 at 17/17 with 9WoH boost, Gehrig at 9 at 20/20 with 7 WoH boost and Babe on 5.10 at 20/20 with 10 WoH boost.
    Worst part of the cycles again was 4.10. Had to use a video boost each time, but then I’d fly through level five, but manually played starting at 5.7.

4.10 curved me out so many times when I got to 6-5. It was maddening 

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    edited December 2020
    dkarski87 said:
    This won't make you feel better, but just to put your day in context - the probability of hitting on one or less of those boxes in 38 tries is 0.075% or about 1 in 1,333 - so congrats you were likely the unluckiest player in the whole community today.  We've made the pity timer suggestion several times and will continue to put pressure on that topic.

edited December 2020
    dkarski87 said:
    This won't make you feel better, but just to put your day in context - the probability of hitting on one or less of those boxes in 38 tries is 0.075% or about 1 in 133,333 - so congrats you were likely the unluckiest player in the whole community today.  We've made the pity timer suggestion several times and will continue to put pressure on that topic.

Did someone say Rigged Boxes?! If you haven’t learned by now, the posted odds are fake AF. I’ve pulled babe 9 times since his release. And I don’t even buy boxes with gold. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    OMG... did @CanadaCubs just say rigged boxes???  I’m thinking  it was sarcasm, but then again it is 2020.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    dkarski87 said:
    This won't make you feel better, but just to put your day in context - the probability of hitting on one or less of those boxes in 38 tries is 0.075% or about 1 in 133,333 - so congrats you were likely the unluckiest player in the whole community today.  We've made the pity timer suggestion several times and will continue to put pressure on that topic.

Sheesh. I'll just have to add in for @dkarski87 that I pulled the woh legend dishrag 5 times in a row at one point.. thanks for your pulls, bud 😊
    whynot said:
    OMG... did @CanadaCubs just say rigged boxes???  I’m thinking  it was sarcasm, but then again it is 2020.
    They’re not rigged. They’re just not correct. Been that way for 2 years. Landing Babe 9 times, Mathews, 3 times, Ted 4 times, Ford 2 times, DiMaggio 3 times in like 5-6 weeks is not normal. Like I said, I don’t buy boxes for gold. Literally never unless I’m chasing down some clown for a set. I think there’s something more complex to the algorithm of which type of user pulls a certain player (removes tin hat, and exits silently)
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Just to clarify the above - the 0.075% is accurate, but someone pointed out that that equates to 1 in 1,133 rather than 1 in 1,333,333 - SMH
    Is there somewhere where I can vote for @dkarski87 to be at next years council meeting?  Seems like this gathering needs some colour to make things interesting. 
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    I complained to CS about rigged boxes yesterday. In the week where I spent the most real cash I’d ever spent, plus tons of gold, I was one of only 2 in our club not to pull a legend when everyone else got 2 or more. Not got an ATG yet either. Told them to change the algorithm that was screwing me last week. Someone said that complaining changed their luck. A threat to stop spending is worth a go I guess. 
    Listen box odds are what they are, but I think since they have made it perfectly clear that we will not be cycle capping legends, the very least they should do is add a pity timer on the WOH boxes. I've had some crazy box luck the last few weeks when it comes to pulling normal boxes at much crappier odds, so I knew I was due for a stretch of bad pulls soon. But on 22.5% to constantly  get the shaft is a piss off.
    – The Great Houmy