I.T. help....

MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
Android updated this morning (android 11).  Since then TSB has been crashing all the time.  Not on any particular page or mode.  All of them, doesn't matter.  Cs had me clear my cache and restart.... didn't work.  I don't want to uninstall then reinstall.   Last time I did that I was locked out over a week.  Any suggestions?  (Besides just retiring all together)

Comments

• txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    Have you tried just deleting the game and walking away for a second time? 🤔 that could be the answer 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    edited December 2020
    Galaxy S8+. I did a clear data/cache & uninstall/reinstall last night. Thankfully I had no issues with lock out, but the app size prior was 6.3GB, so I had to do something. Speed is better & I'm getting no crashing. Good luck 
    *new app size 733MB, basically 1/9 of previous
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Our resident IT guy, @dustyhunks, may be able to help....
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    Galaxy S8+. I did a clear data/cache & uninstall/reinstall last night. Thankfully I had no issues with lock out, but the app size prior was 6.3GB, so I had to do something. Speed is better & I'm getting no crashing. Good luck 
    *new app size 733MB, basically 1/9 of previous
    I’m not a tech guy, but how or why is there so much data being accumulated?
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I deleted the app last week and reinstalled it and reduced the app size to about 30% of what it was. We collect so many players and have so many stats that it keeps growing daily but by deleting and reinstalling it must eliminate the older stats and players. I know that Dusty can give a much better and technical explanation. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    The app size goes up like that usually from video watching. Last week mine was around 9gbs and I finally had to CLEAR DATA within the app settings to reduce it. WARNING, doing this does log you out from the team with a risk of getting the 'original device message". I usually have to do this once every 2-3 weeks because the app gets so large in size. 50/50 shot at lock out.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    I think my data overload was a royale weekend when stadiums first came out & WOH was an absolute cakewalk, so to liven it up I decided to beat it in every stadium day & night version. Now it's just MinuteMaid for everything, hope that keeps it down in size. 
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    Out of fear of a lock out, I went in and deleted some bullchit apps the new update installed.  As well as disabled "animations".  Seems to have worked..... so far.
  • rtjrnatrtjrnat Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    I had to restart my phone, Galaxy s20, again after the update finished for things to work again. Crashed for hours, then after the restart of my phone it's been fine.
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    Update:  Was working a lot better.  Was opening boxes.  Pulled Honus.  YAY! Took screenshot...... and the app crashed.  Opened back up and.... NO HONUS!  Put in a ticket and crickets.  @GluAdmin can you assist?

#honusisheinous