WOH

1ind170jm1ind170jm Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
Am I the only one who can't make it pass the 5th level, 7th round? I've tried everything including my maxed out legend joe dimaggio (completely maxed out on everything) but all I get are curveballs, and if I lay off of them , I strikeout 2 times and have a full count to only smash a fastball for a very high and pop up... I've been at it since 1230 pm cst... With absolutely no luck... Is it me or is glús algorithm being an asshole (like the company) to them this weekend?

Comments

• KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    Lots of things comes to mind here. It could be a number of things you’re doing wrong.

What level are you? Gold, platinum, diamond, etc.

What skills are your best players at? No matter what level you are, I’d recommend having your skills at 12 & 12, at the very least.

Do you use WOH x-factors for your best bats?

It might be easier to just share screenshots of your roster so we can pick it apart to help you out.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    1ind170jm said:
    Am I the only one who can't make it pass the 5th level, 7th round? I've tried everything including my maxed out legend joe dimaggio (completely maxed out on everything) but all I get are curveballs, and if I lay off of them , I strikeout 2 times and have a full count to only smash a fastball for a very high and pop up... I've been at it since 1230 pm cst... With absolutely no luck... Is it me or is glús algorithm being an asshole (like the company) to them this weekend?
    5.8 has been a challenge for me, but kinda an off/on challenge. Just keep at it, but don’t be afraid to use a different player. Sometimes that makes a world of difference, even if it doesn’t seem to make sense
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • TigerBravosTigerBravos Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    My platinum maxed legends with 12+ boosts keep getting curved out as well. It’s not just you. This is why I’m playing a whole lot less. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited December 2020
    I use Chipper at 5.7 skills 16/16  WoH skill 8, Bagwell at 5.8 skills 16/16 WoH skill 7, Wilson at 5.9 skills 16/16 WoH skill 8 and Ruth to close out skills 16/16 WoH skill 9. Right now that has been working really well for me but like it has been said as you cycle more the more difficult it seems to get and as I get stuck I start shuffling players around, maybe moving Ruth down and closing out with Wilson or maybe Chipper. The point is like @tshea510 said don't get locked into this is my best player so he's my closer. Typically it's been 5.8 that's been murder this year so I usually use my best player for that round and 5.9 and 5.10 have been much more friendlier to the player that is a little weaker. This weekend's WoH is the first where I haven't had to use that strategy. 

*Edit*
    Chipper was getting roughed up at 5.7 0-3 this morning. Bumped him down to 5.6 and now using Posada 16/16 WoH skill 6 at 5.7 much better success rate. It's just those little tweaks that can make a huge difference.
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    I beat it in my fastest time after giving up on Monday and in the previous midweek Royale. 

Breezed through till Vida and used the replay to get past him. Saved Al Oliver for Rollie and was one run behind, bases loaded with one out when I got curved out twice. Used 240 gold for another go and beat him with one out. Pulled Glaus first time. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

It's all RNG. Lots of luck and some skill. I beat WoH topics to death. Easily my top game on TSB, so I understand the frickery very well. So glad I didn't go Plat either.

It is amazing how you can go three to four cycles with top rated guys with 17/17 skills or higher without any trouble, then all of the sudden you can't get past 5.7 or 5.8 bc of the cheating. Yes, I don't care what anyone says, that's cheating. Preprogrammed outs are cheating. Period.

Yesterday the pattern for me was, after the fourth cycle, I would get to Blue, have the tying run at the plate, then he would just flat out curve me out.  Same pattern happened six times in a row. Used a video reboot, and the game would either crash, or I would tie Blue, he would curve me out, then I had to beat him in extras.

I would then get to Fingers, and as soon as the score was 7-4 or 7-5, he too would curve me out.

Yes, I was using guys capped at 20/20, plus a WoH boost of 10 or higher. My matchup advantage was more than triple bc I also had a club boost, yet the game cheated anyway.

Now, if we didn't have to score a combined 21 runs the last three rounds like Royale was for weeks, this wouldn't be an issue as you would be able to clear before a lot the cheating kicked in. However, the resource squeeze is a top priority for GLU this year, so they have to ruin their premier event.

It is what it is. Learn to accept it or quit playing.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts

I haven't had a single issue yet 🤷‍♂️ 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    It’s easy in diamond. Just sayin. 
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Totally agree with the doctor. I rage quit on Monday after getting through 5.9 at the first attempt only for a crash to deny me a shot at 5.10. I was curved out 4 or 5 times at 5.8 and 5.9 after that. 

It should just be a test of skill. When I faced Aldoris Chapman the first few times he used to strike me out chasing. I learned to be more selective. That’s fine as are change-ups. They should never give you 3 unhittable pitches. That’s as fixed as the boxes. 

Same here, no issues after switching Posada and Chipper and I'm silver.
    Just did six cycles in a row. Closing in on number 15.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

I think he meant that he didn't have issues because he's not playing WoH. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    edited December 2020
    DFBB said:

I think he meant that he didn't have issues because he's not playing WoH. 
    😳 Still I'm not having any issues and I am playing WoH. If it weren't for the need of lxp I wouldn't be either.😅