12/14/2020 Frickery WOH

13Next

Comments

• KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    When you program a game to intentionally remove the opportunity for the player to win due to pitches that the bat can’t reach and call them strikes, that’s the literal definition of cheating the customer.

I got my five cycles in. I put up 1.5B points today. Got 75,000 LxP. I’m good.

I can have my way with this game if it wasn’t programmed to cheat me out of opportunities. Again, I’ve accepted what it is. I just have a different way of telling everyone the game is harder today. I’m just honest about what “harder” is. Today the RNG windows are brutal. Doesn’t matter if you have 20/20 skills with a WoH boost plus gold boost. 

My repeat pattern is on 4.10, then 5.7 on up, as soon as the tying run is up, I know if I can win or not bc that’s when the curves start. It’s clockwork at this point. It’s either that, or straight up nine and out. No in between.

Believe me, at gold, you are definitely “having your way with this game.” When it comes to gold players and below, you’re probably in the 99th percentile. I have a solid team, though not built around WOH, and as soon as I lost twice in a row at 4.9 I quit trying because the third tower is simply a better use of my time. You’re nit picking at this point. You should be having fun with what you just accomplished.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Just decided to try the Skanky tower and I must say that in a very small size of pt I definitely noticed that it was easier than the snowcone tower. First time through and used a video reboot but breezed through it. I feel confident that I had some good luck with the rng but when u win 50 rounds in 51 tries it feels pretty good. That being said I feel like they could back down the difficulty on the snow cone tower 
    They did. 5.8, 5.9 and 5.10 are considerably easier than what they were earlier in the day. It's just 4.10 freaking Joe Kelly my arch nemesis that gives me fits. 
    Good to know. I had my 3 by 130 and hadn’t been back. Kelly is definitely a pain in the butt that I usually handle with a video boost. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Jeez, didn't realize Doc was still Gold, if so, that explains 90% of it. Your RNG will always suck if you're Gold, it does not matter if you have the top hitter boosted at 20/20 skills,  it will not be a sure thing. WOH simply isn't meant to be "cycle at will" on Tower 4 for any players much less Gold. If you're cycling Tower 4 five times at Gold I would guess you're probably 1 in 1,000 or rarer.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    @KCTribe: lol I said I was good. Had fun probably 75% of the time I played. Loaded up on resources too. 
    I would play all day if it weren’t for the slot machine factor.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    When you program a game to intentionally remove the opportunity for the player to win due to pitches that the bat can’t reach and call them strikes, that’s the literal definition of cheating the customer.

I can have my way with this game if it wasn’t programmed to cheat me out of opportunities. Again, I’ve accepted what it is. I just have a different way of telling everyone the game is harder today. I’m just honest about what “harder” is. Today the RNG windows are brutal. Doesn’t matter if you have 20/20 skills with a WoH boost plus gold boost. 

My repeat pattern is on 4.10, then 5.7 on up, as soon as the tying run is up, I know if I can win or not bc that’s when the curves start. It’s clockwork at this point. It’s either that, or straight up nine and out. No in between.

Obviously gold teams aren't supposed to cycle the mega tower 30 times with ease to rack up hundreds of thousands of lxp that goes way further in gold than jt does in diamond. It isn't a cheat out. It's balance. After all this time you're still spinning the same damned cycle in your head. Wtf dude 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited December 2020
    You're trying to play rock paper scissors with a 120 sided dice. Its a simple game. This mode of the game is simple. It's dumb. You get the numbers right then press the same locations on your screen repeatedly. Stop overanalyzing it. Stop frickerating it. Just **** stop already Jesus **** christ. Its enough. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Woh was today??
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts

That's the whole point. It's not meant to be easy. You take this way to seriously. You are a hard core addict allowing a simple mobile game to get under your skin like this. Dude, you need to except that it is what it is and move on or you just need to move on. It's been explained many times on here you can make things more favorable for your team. You really need to move to diamond because that's how you are playing, a gold team that is really trying to be diamond but can't quite do it because it's not diamond.
    I’m happy for you and @Toughthundercats at least making progress. For me, it was impossible, probably because my RHP lineup overall is weaker than my LHP lineup. But if the prize was better, I would have tried a bit more. Today, in my opinion, was 10 steps backwards. Even with “Not Chad” saying how easy they made it for me.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    The whole year, I’ve said the same thing. Make it as difficult as you want, but make the reward equal out. I think the difficulty, is fair but make a timer on the player. I’m thankful the skills were horrible so I didn’t level at all. Ended up 3 for 23. Good news was the over 200K LXP. Hopefully brighter days are ahead. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Only cycled the big boy once today and didn’t have any issues at gold level.  While I agree it must be a whole lot easier to multi cycle at diamond, it’s nice at gold not having too.  I’m sitting at 1.7 million lxp so my days of building are a thing of the past or until 2021 is released.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Three weeks into this ‘One off’ version of WOH and I’m not really a fan. Week 1 I got the player to unlock the tower in the first box, second week didn’t get him in my one attempt and last night got him on the 3rd try. It’s an extra element of luck that we don’t need IMO. The Cone Tower should count towards the club achievement. 

They promised us that the Cone Tower was easier last night. Probably was 1st and 3rd time but I experienced the Joe Kelly obstacle many have reported on the 2nd time. The 2nd time took as long as the other 2 combined. 

I had to abandon the Sanky Tower when I tripped up on level 4, being 11.45pm in the UK and with a sleepy and annoyed wife uttering things such as ‘You think more of that game than you do of me’ etc etc
    I had to abandon the Sanky Tower when I tripped up on level 4, being 11.45pm in the UK and with a sleepy and annoyed wife uttering things such as ‘You think more of that game than you do of me’ etc etc

Sooooooooo it’s not just my wife?
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Stop frickerating it. 
    My new motto in life !!!!
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Jeez, didn't realize Doc was still Gold, if so, that explains 90% of it. Your RNG will always suck if you're Gold, it does not matter if you have the top hitter boosted at 20/20 skills,  it will not be a sure thing. WOH simply isn't meant to be "cycle at will" on Tower 4 for any players much less Gold. If you're cycling Tower 4 five times at Gold I would guess you're probably 1 in 1,000 or rarer.
    I got thru at gold 5 times on the mega tower. It wasn't easier, but very doable. The biggest part imo is that its too time consuming because I have found that I could not win some auto plays as i would on the third tower. Like I had to manual play 5.6 and up every time.

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I def found the tower to be more difficult with scenario changes, I didn't really have too many issues on the last 3 guys, 40g on the last 3 with my top guys (oliver, green and cecil)... The issues I had was more auto-playing my way thru the towers as quickly as possible. Again, I think the difficulty is just fine but the box and pulls are bullshit. I was talking to @SandlotGuru last week and mentioned I went something like 1 for 30 and 7 for 75 on boxes last week.  I mean its super frustrating when you grind all day to only get screwed by the odds. I think they can leave it the way it is, but they need to add a guarantee on the WOH box so at-least your guaranteed to get him every 3 cycles.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    @dkarski87 I think that seems to be about the biggest legitimate  complaint. I know that diamond players really need to use strategy and planning to maximize their time and efforts during woh. Knowing that you would get him every 3 boxes and knowing that you’re going to get x amount of cycles in would definitely allow you to cycle cap that player. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

@retirepujols: as I've stated a zillion times here, I'm not asking for anything to be "easy". I call it cheating, while true believers call it balance. We just agree to disagree on what it is. Again, I'm fine with that.

I accepted I am playing a game that is not completely skill based at all. I just think it is funny that people here are in denial about what this really is. In order to "balance" it out, GLU rigs the game so you can't get through rounds with legitimate outs. I've made recommendations on how this could be fixed as well.

I complain, then provide solutions. When the solutions aren't accepted, I will then share my experiences with the board.  I'm not the only one annoyed with the balance today.  There are plat teams getting the same crap. People are also annoyed with the rewards. So be it.

At this point, I just chuckle at those who are visibly annoyed at me for pointing out the obvious. Nobody wants to be told something they invest their time into is rigged.  I get it.

Reminds me of the "it's real to me!" video of the guy at the wrestling convention.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

@retirepujols: as I've stated a zillion times here, I'm not asking for anything to be "easy". I call it cheating, while true believers call it balance. We just agree to disagree on what it is. Again, I'm fine with that.

I accepted I am playing a game that is not completely skill based at all. I just think it is funny that people here are in denial about what this really is. In order to "balance" it out, GLU rigs the game so you can't get through rounds with legitimate outs. I've made recommendations on how this could be fixed as well.

I complain, then provide solutions. When the solutions aren't accepted, I will then share my experiences with the board.  I'm not the only one annoyed with the balance today.  There are plat teams getting the same crap. People are also annoyed with the rewards. So be it.

At this point, I just chuckle at those who are visibly annoyed at me for pointing out the obvious. Nobody wants to be told something they invest their time into is rigged.  I get it.

Reminds me of the "it's real to me!" video of the guy at the wrestling convention.

In other words, you're crying about not winning every time. Word it how you want, but its just the games way of making sure everyone isn't running all over the event. You don't provide solutions, you're asking for it to be something it isn't. It isn't a skill based game, its a game that allows you to win x times at x% if your team reaches x level. There's nothing for them to fix, there's something for you to accept. You've made the exact same complaints for two years straight now. Make a new complaint. They don't care about your repeated suggestions. The needle isn't moving. 

This is a new mode with increased rewards for those that complained about the rewards. Repulls of the trash player earn 3-4x the lxp it earned last year, so they balance that by not giving us the player guaranteed. If people don't like the new tower, there's the old tower still that people have played all year long and complained about. I'm just so worn out from seeing your exact same complaint over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Please do something new, doc, PLEASE. Or just skip the complaints for an event or two. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    @KCTribe: lol I said I was good. Had fun probably 75% of the time I played. Loaded up on resources too. 
    I would play all day if it weren’t for the slot machine factor.
    I know you said you were good, but given the context around that sentence it read more like when a lady says "I'm fine." 
    edited December 2020
    dkarski87 said:
    I def found the tower to be more difficult with scenario changes, I didn't really have too many issues on the last 3 guys, 40g on the last 3 with my top guys (oliver, green and cecil)... The issues I had was more auto-playing my way thru the towers as quickly as possible. Again, I think the difficulty is just fine but the box and pulls are bullshit. I was talking to @SandlotGuru last week and mentioned I went something like 1 for 30 and 7 for 75 on boxes last week.  I mean its super frustrating when you grind all day to only get screwed by the odds. I think they can leave it the way it is, but they need to add a guarantee on the WOH box so at-least your guaranteed to get him every 3 cycles.

Repull to d8 for a 580 max guy in 2019.

D10 repull on a 550 this year. 

That repull value is why I don't see them adding a guarantee on the woh boxes, save for a guarantee that doesn't much help (like every 10 boxes).