POTW Player Odds Reduced to 35%

trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
edited December 2020 in General TSB Discussion
No surprise here... of course Glu forgets to mention this in the news.

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    At 535 they're actually useful, though 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Got me excited, thinking POTM were available.  Assume you mean potw and what a schmuck move.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    For a few days. My guess is they will still produce similar to the 485 ones......in the end not worth the 15% odds reduction. But in the end, always an angle and always a way to take something back when they make a change that appears good on the surface. 
    For a few days. My guess is they will still produce similar to the 485 ones......in the end not worth the 15% odds reduction. But in the end, always an angle and always a way to take something back when they make a change that appears good on the surface. 
    Probably. I know last week I had both players of the week and scored LESS club points with them in than I did with my regular non-bonus guys in. I told myself I'll never buy another potw box, but now they're 535, so... Rendon is doing good in Chippers place so far.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Regardless of effectiveness, I do agree with OP that it would've been nice to see a news post regarding the changes. I just happen to look and noticed the odds were changed. I know many who didn't bother checking(naturally) because Potw guys have been 50% as long as I can remember. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    My question is why is the higher amounts of xp and pxp at 20% and the lower amounts at 10%?  Probably an obvious explanation that I'm missing. More curiosity than anything, I guess
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited December 2020
    Just was curious to see how much of a difference it was to pull... took 5,000 gold to pull one. What a joke. Well looks like people will go back to not buying those boxes just like they did when Glu was trying to charge 1,500 gold per box.
    Just was curious to see how much of a difference it was to pull... took 5,000 gold to pull one. What a joke. Well looks like people will go back to not buying those boxes just like they did when Glu was trying to charge 1,500 gold per box.
    Yeesh, I totally forgot about the outrageous costs! 
  • lefty10lefty10 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    They’re nice for sets though!
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I would have to test it.   Still being without xfactors they may hurt scoring still with other bonus players.   Havent bought them this week yet because of the odds but may today depending on their value.   Because obviously prior they did nothing you basically just kept them on your bench outside of maybe cvc 
    I would have to test it.   Still being without xfactors they may hurt scoring still with other bonus players.   Havent bought them this week yet because of the odds but may today depending on their value.   Because obviously prior they did nothing you basically just kept them on your bench outside of maybe cvc 
    Rendon is batting .702 for me so far (1,000 games played - mostly tournaments) with skills at 12. He's worse than my usual 3b Chipper, but doing well enough to include for bonus points I'd say. If this is how potw guys stay, I still wouldn't chase them much but buying a few boxes to try and land one or both wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Rendon is batting .702 for me so far (1,000 games played - mostly tournaments) with skills at 12. He's worse than my usual 3b Chipper, but doing well enough to include for bonus points I'd say. If this is how potw guys stay, I still wouldn't chase them much but buying a few boxes to try and land one or both wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. 
    It's definitely and improvement.  The old ones were so bad, you couldn't even have them in the active lineup if you cared about putting up event points.  Still think odds should have stayed at 50% though
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    thanks, this is roughly what i figured.   
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    If you have a good set, I wouldn't use a potw that's batting below .800.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    I'll tinker around some today, try to get a feeling of what its like with and without.