Edgar Martinez / 20k Gold Gift

bigmeatpetebigmeatpete Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
What was the deal with this gift? I didn't receive it (VIP) but others in my club did. Anyone have the details?

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited December 2020
    It was sent to random guys. Last Christmas they did a similar thing where they sent physical packages to random VIP's with shirts and little gifts that included a gift card for a mountain. IDK why so many people are so moist about it right now. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • bigmeatpetebigmeatpete Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    It was sent to random guys. Last Christmas they did a similar thing where they sent physical packages to random VIP's with shirts and little gifts that included a gift card for a mountain. IDK why so many people are so moist about it right now. 
    If thats the case, then fine. The communication of it could have been a lot better though. Why not just make an announcement and say we're sending random (aka the guys that spend the most) VIPs an awesome Christmas gift? Instead you have people wondering if there's a glitch because the message with the gift said code redeemed. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I checked this morning and was shocked that there wasn't a thread about it. I don't think it was random, but yeah, it was all the rage last night.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    That email they sent out last night had the codes for some people. It mentioned VIPs being put into a lottery and the winners receiving the code included in the email to redeem the gift. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    MOIST :joy:
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    MOIST :joy:
    hot and bothered, moist...nah, salty still is the best. Simple, yet sums it up. lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    not moist, not salty, just think communication (see POTW thread) would greatly help them out. I personally didn't even receive the email that you reference @retirepujols.

Yeah communication has never been their strong suit in any case.
    edited December 2020
    JTANDME said:
    not moist, not salty, just think communication (see POTW thread) would greatly help them out. I personally didn't even receive the email that you reference @retirepujols.

It's not in your spam folder? Idk, I don't think they did anything wrong by sending nice gifts out to people. I just think those of us that didn't receive the gift shouldn't feel entitled to everything lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping everyone's crying leads to me getting that gift too. But it just feels like a bunch of entitled hissy fits going on at the moment (global was absurd last night). 
    I agree fully @retirepujols. I would LOVE to have hit that lottery but not knowing and seeing it pop up everywhere causes player frustration and the good ol conspiracy theories. 

And nope, not in spam of any of the accounts that receive communication from them. 

Agreed. Tin foil hats come out a lot, and deservedly so. These guys mess up daily it seems, I just personally don't think this is one of those times. I'll hold a pitchfork, though, for the sake of trying. But I'll be the guy in the back of the mob sitting in a lawn chair drinking beer with my pitchfork next to me waiting for the action. 
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Well, that was a pretty massive gift of 20k gold. That's at minimum a bit more than a $99 special. Plus the lxp... And an Aaron Judge sticker. That really stings for the people who didn't get it.

Maybe make an announcement about giving everyone a gift, with a select number getting a jackpot gift. 
    pass me a beer, I am in the chair next to ya lol. 

I do have to take back my previous no email comment. I did get one that was touting all the changes from the council but no mention of the gift lottery anywhere. It started like this:

JTANDME said:

I do have to take back my previous no email comment. I did get one that was touting all the changes from the council but no mention of the gift lottery anywhere. It started like this:

Thats the one! Some guys had an extra two paragraphs and a code to redeem for the gift. I haven't talked to too many guys that received the gift, but all of the ones I have spoken to have been ios. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    JTANDME said:

Thats the one! Some guys had an extra two paragraphs and a code to redeem for the gift. I haven't talked to too many guys that received the gift, but all of the ones I have spoken to have been ios. 
    I’m iOS, I got the gift. I don’t even know how to access that particular email address that’s linked to it.  Can’t verify if there was some code or not. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    I’m on IOS but I didn’t see anywhere to redeem any gifts
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Guess I'll get the email once the council swag box comes in 🙄
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

I didnt even receive the email   :open_mouth: 

I do receive the vip newsletter so know I am signed up. Android user here
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Wait, there was a sticker involved?? Now I'm angry!
    Just no.  
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I didnt even receive the email   :open_mouth: 

I do receive the vip newsletter so know I am signed up. Android user here
    Found mine in spam so if you're on gmail check that. For some reason gmail is spamming them again after 3 years.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• FranksabinskiFranksabinski Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    All they had to do to avoid most of the outrage was make an announcement they were having this giveaway. If you won, great but if you didn’t, you feel robbed! I know I’m asking for a lot but a little bit of transparency can go a long way sometimes! 
    Just my opinion! 
    edited December 2020
    #beardoil
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Lots of guys who got the gift didn’t get the email either. Is what it is, I’m not gonna lose sleep at vet not getting the gift although it would be nice. The problem is, the lack of communication. No one knows who or why people got the gift. Pretty simple to post “random drawing for VIPs to receive an extra gift”. They make things worse on themselves and their CS reps but just never communicating anything. I mean you have a news feature, why not utilize it more?
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Honestly 20k ain’t shit in this game anymore... it’s a nice gift don’t get me wrong anytime you get that much gold from the glutards it’s a good thing.. but it’s really nothing in perspective of how much it takes to actually pull a player. Just my take.. however I am mad about the sticker 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Honestly 20k ain’t shit in this game anymore... it’s a nice gift don’t get me wrong anytime you get that much gold from the glutards it’s a good thing.. but it’s really nothing in perspective of how much it takes to actually pull a player. Just my take.. however I am mad about the sticker 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Completely get what you're saying that 20k gold is nothing but the sad part is they sell 10k gold for $100. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I didn’t get the gift either, but then again I wouldn’t of spent it on rigged boxes so I can’t blame them. 🤣🤣
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard