Options

Ugly Sweater Royale on Thursday

2Next

Comments

• Options
    Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    edited December 2020
    Disappointing that Brett is only 530 max but as a Royal I’ve been waiting impatiently for him to appear and had to get him. 

First cycle was a breeze even though I was working on our payroll at the same time. Second time looked to be the same until Yu Darvish started unleashing curveballs 3 match-ups in a row. The first time I got past him, I was curved out on the next round. 

Decided I would use Reggie Smith for 5.8 to 5.10 and put an end to all that nonsense. Got Brett this time. 

Bought a dozen Torii boxes without being overly concerned if I got him or not as an lxp top up was required. Hopefully that’s my ‘bad luck’ out of the way and I can get a good pull when it matters. 
  • Options
    babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Is Brett worth replacing Pendleton?  Hmmm...At this point I generally upgrade only if it's someone at the current maximum.
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I was excited to finally see Brett because he was a beast for me last year and for me this year up until I got Chipper but and then immediately my excitement faded rapidly to extreme disappointment. How could they do this to him? Oh well, moving on.... I noticed that about the difficulty it varies from cycle to cycle, one cycle can be a cake walk and the next can be an absolute bear. Then when you prepare yourself to deal with the insane difficulty for the next cycle it becomes a cake walk again. Then wash, rinse and repeat. I love the challenge don't get me wrong but the rewards have to be worthwhile. 530 legend is not worthwhile especially a 3rd basemen since they already had two (1 prime 1 legend) in the weekend royale. I'll give @drsmartassphd credit on this point double gold is definitely more valuable today. I'm in the same boat with the people who wanted a pitcher as the legend reward. I would have been going hard if that was the reward especially a relief pitcher.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Personally love Brett as a woh prize.   He's a guy that can be used in all modes and we have not had that much of that.
  • Options
    Personally love Brett as a woh prize.   He's a guy that can be used in all modes and we have not had that much of that.
    True but I don't think he's any better than Chipper or maybe even Pendleton with their skills 16/16 or higher.
  • Options
    babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I figure if I only get Brett once, is he worth an upgrade cost?  So is the gold, LXP, cash, etc. worth it for a 530 player with OK but not wonderful skills.  I'm thinking nah.  Save it for a 550.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    True but I don't think he's any better than Chipper or maybe even Pendleton with their skills 16/16 or higher.
    right im talking "as a woh prize."   Not comparing him to other box players.
    Its nice to have something besides a right handed OF who only has woh skills
  • Options
    right im talking "as a woh prize."   Not comparing him to other box players.
    Its nice to have something besides a right handed OF who only has woh skills
    Pendleton was a WoH prize... But I get what you're saying about Chipper...
  • Options
    KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    Is Brett worth replacing Pendleton?  Hmmm...At this point I generally upgrade only if it's someone at the current maximum.
    Personally, I don’t think he’s worth the upgrade. Something to keep in mind is the variability between max overalls at lower tiers is much smaller. Even for those that aren’t diamond, we typically base players on their max overall such as 530 and focus too often on that. Capped at gold a 530 player’s overall rating is 308, and capped at gold a 510 player is 298. The variance isn’t as large as diamond. For that reason I’m choosing to keep 510 Wade Boggs with better skills at 3B rather than waste the resources on Brett for a marginal upgrade, if any at all.

Maybe I’m stating the obvious here, but that’s something I have to remind myself of all the time.
  • Options
    cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    It's another one that just doesn't make the cut for me. For WOH, Glaus and Robinson are both better. I have keeper Brett for other game modes. I wish it had been a pitcher. Would have even considered for 2B or 1B. In all honesty, if there was a pity timer in place I would go for it no matter what. But at this point, the risk/reward is just not there.  
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    For some silly reason I decided to do the 3 rounds to get him. I haven’t played a single round to get any bonus points since I acquired  him and he is nowhere close to replacing Larry @Chipper” Jones. I think that I just like to accumulate players but I probably should have been watching videos. I have 8 bonus players for bonus games but at silver wins don’t come very easy so not even 1 game played today besides season games. 
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited December 2020
    2003cobra said:
    For some silly reason I decided to do the 3 rounds to get him. I haven’t played a single round to get any bonus points since I acquired  him and he is nowhere close to replacing Larry @Chipper” Jones. I think that I just like to accumulate players but I probably should have been watching videos. I have 8 bonus players for bonus games but at silver wins don’t come very easy so not even 1 game played today besides season games. 
    I’m the opposite. Bonus games are not that big of a problem. 5.8 and Ryan gave me fits. Prize wasn’t worth the aggravation. Sooo.......🤷‍♂️
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @tshea510 yeah Ryan and Yu killed me, but I stuck in there for the 15 cycles. Why idk. Gluten for punishment I guess. 
  • Options
    @tshea510 do you lower your TS by putting in scrubs before you play bgs? I think that I win 1/5 of bgs so it’s not really worth it to me. I shouldn’t be facing platinum teams on a regular basis. 
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I was done farming all 500 vids by noon yesterday because I had meetings/virtual parties all day. I could have cycled my little heart out but didn't. Didn't even play it once. Instead I started using all my Daily Dinger tickets since it was "up the middle day". Had 160 for my main team and nearly 300 for my POS team.

For my main team, in less than 30 minutes, I got another 10K in gold from DD. Then on my crap team, another 15K in gold.

Much better return on my time than a player that won't make my roster.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    @tshea510 do you lower your TS by putting in scrubs before you play bgs? I think that I win 1/5 of bgs so it’s not really worth it to me. I shouldn’t be facing platinum teams on a regular basis. 
    No I play regular team. I don’t play them often, only when I have rewards to take advantage of.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    Got it.