Omar

TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
edited December 2020 in General TSB Discussion
Umm... So now Glu just removes players that we paid gold to acquire and replace them with another player with different skills? Over accusations?

You realize that we pay gold to acquire these players right? That gold is an in game currency that we pay real money for. Theft is what that is called when you take something that has been paid for. 

And I know in San Francisco you don't understand how laws and the legal system work but there's a thing called innocent until proven guilty. 
Prev1

Comments

• KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    This annoyed me too. I slapped on a WOH x-factor to Omar with late innings and ROB, and as a switch hitter he was very solid for me. Although Ozzie has the overall edge on him, blowout makes him way less useful in WOH. At least Ozzie is better in all other modes... meh. The change isn’t necessarily a WOH game changer for me since Omar was a middle round guy, but now that WOH is getting more difficult by the day it would be nice to still have him around.
  • bigmeatpetebigmeatpete Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    Isn't Aroldis Chapman in the game? He was suspended by MLB for alleged DV.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Been rewatching The Wire recently. This is all I could think of in terms of the thread title 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    edited December 2020
    This motivated me to finally reset my password. 

I am not ok with this substitution. Player X with a silhouette would have been the preferable solution if they felt like they needed to do something. 

I’m not interested in debating the politics. I just want my player back. I pulled that Ozzie Smith and cut him. Not to mention that subsequent roster decisions were made with Vizquel in mind. 

This is complete BS. 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Just lost my 5.8 guy from both sides of the plate. Can no longer cycle. 
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    He was my 5.9 and sometimes 5.10 guy when I didn't know if it was a RHP or LHP on 10. This is beyond absurd. They better make it right 
  • spotspot Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    edited December 2020
    They should make ozzie a 550 to make up for the difference imo 😀😀
    Omar was an extremely valuable WOH player (switch hitter with two WOH-friendly skills useful from either side of the plate) and I will have to cap two guys to replace him with the increased WOH difficulty. This version of Ozzie is useless to me. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Do I smell some Glu frickery? I’m not upset like some of you are but he was definitely a very valuable player for woh. Ozzie will be better in every other game mode so it’s really not a big deal to me but it’s the way that Glu operates that makes it a bad move. They could have made Ozzie with the same skills as Omar and nobody would have cared. They could have created a new player with the same exact player ratings, skills and a switch hitter and nobody would have cared. Unfortunately it’s the way that Glu does things and I’ve come to accept it which is sad. I’ve also traded in legends that I could have leveled up and used in woh but I didn’t need them since Omar filled that specific role for my team. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Fwiw Omar had a 308 player rating in woh compared to 280 for Ozzie in the situation that I used him for. Also, if they go back to all lefties on level 5 I might have to level another player just for woh due to the skills. Hopefully not but it’s too early to tell. 
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    They made a 2nd Ozzie to replace him - there are 2 identical Ozzies in collections now..... would have been very easy to give the 2nd Ozzie the same skills as Omar....... problem avoided other than perhaps pennants.....
  • bigmeatpetebigmeatpete Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    benny100 said:
    They made a 2nd Ozzie to replace him - there are 2 identical Ozzies in collections now..... would have been very easy to give the 2nd Ozzie the same skills as Omar....... problem avoided other than perhaps pennants.....
    How about a special edition Francisco Lindor? Same position, handedness and team. Throw the same exact skills and stats on him and call it a day.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Forcibly removing a player from a users team that they likely spent real life currency for is absolutely unacceptable.

Look, I get it.  Glu decided to drop their licensing agreement with him.  Happens all the time with athletes and endorsements in similar situations.  But not understanding the implications of this decision for their users and handling appropriately is truly indicative of what a complete shit show this company is.

But hey, GLU took a stand and made a statement.  I bet that made them feel much better about themselves this morning
    Doing doing my best to make sure they don’t 🤬🤬🤬
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    OK so I haven't played anything other than CVC in about a week so I didn't even see Omar but if they removed him because of whatever reason wouldn't it defy that purpose if they gave Ozzie the same skills and ratings as Omar as some are asking for? Not saying they should have removed him and not even sure what the accusations were, just asking if the requests even make sense?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

edited December 2020
    If the purpose was to punish the users that had him for his alleged misdeeds, then I would agree with you. Otherwise I don’t understand this argument at all. 
    Purpose or not, all I know is that I had a player that could beat 5.8 from either side of the plate and now I don’t. Just not right Takes me about a month to accumulate the resources to cap a new guy in plat assuming I had another that could do that.
    Yep, I was indifferent about it at first, but the more I play WOH the more I notice the effects. As I struggled more than ever on 5.6 and 5.7, rounds I typically used Vizquel, I messaged CS in a fit of rage letting them know how unfair it was. It’s simple and was said here already. Why not give us some options to choose from, or why not give us another player exactly identical to Vizquel? I didn’t chase Vizquel with gold/real money, but I can guarantee you plenty of other people did. That’s just stealing from the customer and plain wrong. Of course, none of us are surprised this happened.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Houmy said:
    OK so I haven't played anything other than CVC in about a week so I didn't even see Omar but if they removed him because of whatever reason wouldn't it defy that purpose if they gave Ozzie the same skills and ratings as Omar as some are asking for? Not saying they should have removed him and not even sure what the accusations were, just asking if the requests even make sense?
    No. These guys don't care if it's Omar or Ozzie or Tim Tebow, they just want the ratings and skills to be the same so the player can perform the way Omar was. More of a one for one swap, if you will. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    KCTribe said:
    This annoyed me too. I slapped on a WOH x-factor to Omar with late innings and ROB, and as a switch hitter he was very solid for me. Although Ozzie has the overall edge on him, blowout makes him way less useful in WOH. At least Ozzie is better in all other modes... meh. The change isn’t necessarily a WOH game changer for me since Omar was a middle round guy, but now that WOH is getting more difficult by the day it would be nice to still have him around.
    @KCTribe

Curious if your WOH X-Factor was returned to your inventory, or if that disappeared as well?
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    I already had that Ozzie that they "created", same skills. He sat on the bench because I am not a fan of the skills. 

He's now off my roster of inactives. So they really stole Omar and Ozzie, but replaced Ozzie. If that makes sense. I'm still livid. CS says there will be no compensation. 
    edited December 2020
    LOLOLOLOL

So basically they just stole players off of peoples team in some sort of virtue signaling tantrum.  What unbelievable morons

It's difficult to even articulate how stupidly this was handled.
    I think one of the more impressive things about GLU is to consistently select the ONE out of TEN totally acceptable ways to handle a situation that actually pisses players off the most.  The consistency really is something.
    If this this is the bottom line then I’m deleting the app.
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    so now I've got 2x copies of Smith on my bench. if I trade one in, what are the odds that both will disappear from my roster and I'll only recoup the xp for one of them? 
    COWPILEY said:

COWPILEY said:
    I told CS to give me a player with any name that has the same ratings and skill that Omar had or they would lose a customer. They responded that they did what they were going to do. I responded that I was deleting the app. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    edited December 2020
    LOLOLOLOL

So basically they just stole players off of peoples team in some sort of virtue signaling tantrum.  What unbelievable morons

It's difficult to even articulate how stupidly this was handled.

Couldn't have said it better. I lost a 9 WoH X factor too. After being fukced over so many times by CS, I am not even going to try. Getting fukced over just comes with the territory of this game. We only have ourselves to blame.

I spent gold getting this player.  I did NOT spend gold to chase Ozzie Smith.

Just another one to add to the list of fukcery.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

KCTribe said:
    @KCTribe

Curious if your WOH X-Factor was returned to your inventory, or if that disappeared as well?
    The x-factor stayed attached to Ozzie. Same skills and everything. Even Omar’s stats remained as if it were Ozzie the entire time. What a lazy SOB that Ozzie is taking credit for someone else’s accomplishments.
    I already had that Ozzie that they "created", same skills. He sat on the bench because I am not a fan of the skills. 

He's now off my roster of inactives. So they really stole Omar and Ozzie, but replaced Ozzie. If that makes sense. I'm still livid. CS says there will be no compensation. 

Wow... this is just next level fukcery.