Options

Undoing levelling up

LondonBoyLondonBoy Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
I am pretty sure the answer is NO, but is there any way to roll back a levelling up? I got confused last night and didn't realise I was playing a playoff game.  So I inadvertently moved from Gold to Platinum.  My god, platinum is SO expensive.  Is there anyway to undo this or am I stuck with being an idiot?

Comments

• Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    You might be stuck with being an idiot but sending a very nice email with a request to go back to gold to CS might do the trick. Also at times I have found it to be more beneficial to click on the contact us button on our forum site.  Good luck and let us know what they say. 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Chances are you're simply SOL. Might as well go diamond now ☺️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    There is no going back, might as well make the push to Diamond.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I've yet to hear of any team being rolled back from tier to tier. Sorry dude.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Give it a go with customer service, what's the worse that they can do...  lock you out of your account and blame your WiFi connection.
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    LondonBoy said:
    I am pretty sure the answer is NO, but is there any way to roll back a levelling up? I got confused last night and didn't realise I was playing a playoff game.  So I inadvertently moved from Gold to Platinum.  My god, platinum is SO expensive.  Is there anyway to undo this or am I stuck with being an idiot?

Confused = Drunk??? 🤔 🍺🥃🍷
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    LondonBoyLondonBoy Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    so I did contact customer service. they were very nice but wouldn't roll me back. am gutted. I liked being at gold. now I am rubbish platinum and not sure I want to put weeks again getting resources to be less rubbish. 
  • Options
    COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    If you don’t have resources then maybe easier to delete and start over. 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    If you quit, i may be interested in taking over your account 👀☺️ wouldn't mind a project. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    LondonBoy said:
    so I did contact customer service. they were very nice but wouldn't roll me back. am gutted. I liked being at gold. now I am rubbish platinum and not sure I want to put weeks again getting resources to be less rubbish. 
    I did this exact same thing although it happened back in April. I was really contemplating quitting because I didn’t want to move to Platinum. I stuck it out and I’ve adjusted. Just a different mindset and strategy at Platinum compared to Gold about how and when to use your resources and who to level up, etc. Looking back, I’m actually glad it happened. Maybe you will too. 🤞
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I’ve been in Plat for a while and prefer it to gold. Give it a chance. I’ll go diamond if they ever put decent XP boxes in the gold box menu.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I’m also platinum and prefer it to gold. Granted, with WOH more of a challenge now than it was when I went platinum, it won’t be as easy. But as others have said, just marshal your resources carefully. Sometimes leveling guys up from scratch in a .3 club is cheaper than leveling up your gold 10 guys. 

The easiest way to do it is buy FP, spend some of the gold you’ve been hoarding, and hope for some box luck this weekend. And use the .2 discount to level your best guys. You might want to wait on ATGs until you have resources built up. I think in time you’ll like platinum more. Once you level your team sufficiently, BGs and tourneys are way easier, WOH is somewhat easier, and you will be able to jump to diamond whenever you want without worrying about another intermediate level.