ATG 🚨: Ty Cobb, come on down!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited December 2020 in General TSB Discussion
Shades of the immortal LL Trout from ‘18!

edit: im a bum! I thought he was a righty. holy smokes! this dude is good! lol

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    About time. I was wondering when he would show up yesterday 
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Redemption! His skills were terrible last year. He’s THE best player in the game right now. And that might not change. 😂

Glu should put 2x first pitch on Mantle or 2x HH. That would be awesome with the switch. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Most coveted player in TSB can only mean a gauntlet.  About to be a massively profitable day at GLU
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Here’s the woh closer that will get it done the rest of the year if the pitching lineup remains the same. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    .... if the pitching lineup remains the same. 
    "Hold my beer" - GLU HQ 12/18/2020
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    good luck to everyone who chases him!
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    yeah i fell for it , and spent 15k only have Bunning, and a Bunning repull.
  • RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    Between purchase and almost all of my gold, I got 1 Bunning out of 152 boxes
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Spent 23K gold, which i know is a drop in the bucket to most of you.  Lieberthal and that's it.  I don't even need an ATG outfielder--I have three!  Couldn't resist chasing those skills on Cobb. 
    I only spent 5k-but it only takes one box to get Cobb. Unfortunately I got Leiberthal on the first box-he’s gonna stay at b1. Pulled the 460 prime and that was it. Hoping for a pull from cvc this weekend 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Please say a prayer for me as I try to resist the sinful temptation of the chase! 🙏🙏🙏
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    We all know that weekday odds are better than the weekends so we should have better luck next week. Hopefully the forum members get some nice pulls soon. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    So I cycled fan rewards 8 times and didn't grab Cobb. Time to cycle d6 all weekend and give it another go on Sunday. I have three atg's in my outfield, but that Cobb is just so pretty. I hate him. But I want him. Not enough to venture off to the specials section, but almost. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    So I cycled fan rewards 8 times and didn't grab Cobb. Time to cycle d6 all weekend and give it another go on Sunday. I have three atg's in my outfield, but that Cobb is just so pretty. I hate him. But I want him. Not enough to venture off to the specials section, but almost. 

Good thing about the forum is it reminds me not to go crazy.  I can’t even imagine cycling fr 8x and not getting the prize! 😳😳🥜🥜
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    edited December 2020
    whynot said:

Good thing about the forum is it reminds me not to go crazy.  I can’t even imagine cycling fr 8x and not getting the prize! 😳😳🥜🥜
    Yeah. Just imagine it sucking a lot and you've got it. I've been saving up a little expecting Yogi next week, but blew it all on this Cobb guy. Oh well. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    whynot said:

sadly with atgs its pretty common
    I'd only want him to use for CVC since that's all I play these days for the joy of manual play on a high round 🙄

whynot said:

sadly with atgs its pretty common
    Don't you miss 17 now when the only way to get the top guy WAS getting there on FR? Coupla hundred bucks still but then again you were guaranteed to land the top legend.

Houmy said:
    Don't you miss 17 now when the only way to get the top guy WAS getting there on FR? Coupla hundred bucks still but then again you were guaranteed to land the top legend.
    The top of the fan rewards used to be a top notch player?? I got a few worthwhile players from fan rewards last year, but they were always a step behind. 
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    WOH is my jam, so I gotta have that Cobb!  He'd also be a lock as one of my keepers for next year.  The weekend box odds are garbage, so I'm going to wait until after Christmas to chase him.  I also have no interest in Honus, so I'd hate to chase now and get him as a consolation prize.  Maybe I'll luck into Cobb before this, but I'm targeting Monday the 28th - will buy the VIP Elite subscription and go nuts.  Been squirreling away my dinger tickets for months, so finally going to play them all out today to get ready for the big day.  Good luck with your own hunt everyone!   
    @retirepujols not last year. Back in 17. I only did it once myself to get Nolan Ryan.

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Back in 18 there were a few good ones.   Johnny Bench and Will Clark come to mind and at the end of the year there was a nice Dusty Baker
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    WOH is my jam, so I gotta have that Cobb!  He'd also be a lock as one of my keepers for next year.  The weekend box odds are garbage, so I'm going to wait until after Christmas to chase him.  I also have no interest in Honus, so I'd hate to chase now and get him as a consolation prize.  Maybe I'll luck into Cobb before this, but I'm targeting Monday the 28th - will buy the VIP Elite subscription and go nuts.  Been squirreling away my dinger tickets for months, so finally going to play them all out today to get ready for the big day.  Good luck with your own hunt everyone!   
    Sandsquirrel 😂 🐿 
    Back in 18 there were a few good ones.   Johnny Bench and Will Clark come to mind and at the end of the year there was a nice Dusty Baker
    True. I can see them not doing that anymore though as back then it would have cost you $100 for a mountain to get enough gold to unlock the top eye candy in FR whereas now you can wait for 2 of the $20 pop-ups to get the same gold as well as a bunch of boxes so the landscape has changed. Back in 17 other players would come to the forum to find out what the higher 10K+ levels of FR would give out like...

FR was definitely huge back then. It was a lot of videos but a great feeling when you got the reward 
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    Which one of you is holding out on us and not sharing that they pulled Ty Cobb? Now that I’ve had a few beers I feel like sobbing into my iPhone.
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    My son pulled him on a free box of the 2500 FR 10 minutes after he became available! I've disowned him and took him out of my will ! Lol 
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Gotta share my crazy dumb luck... Apologies in advance to chasers big and small since this might 🐝 bad and you might be reaching for an epi pen. ❤️ me some WOH and Ty is obviously apex rhp slayer. Figured it tis the season when dreams come true, though I’m practical and would only buy 5x 500 boxes equaling 9x boxes on rewards parlay. Formulated a plan (corny/insane/obsessive) when to tap open each successive box. Took the leap 😆 and bam this beautiful bastard appears from the Heavens? on first fricken box 🤷‍♀️✌🏼

Congrats. Like I said earlier-it only takes one 
  • DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
    He does Exist !!! 

Got him from second 250 box after couple 500 boxes had nothing .