12/21/2020 WOH - Frickery town

Comments

• fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Ha. The switch to the lefty at 5.10 on the hardest tower. What a di*k move!!
    I'm lucky to have Honus and Teddy. are there any other switch hitting ATG besides Mantle? I assume he'll be double-RISP or something when released though. 
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    ‘This is not the new normal’ they said before making it the new normal and ‘We know a lot of you don’t like it’. Well, take the hint Glu.

It took me all 3 goes to get Lemon so I was left with just enough time to thrash a few points before getting the moody wife routine again. 

This hasn’t helped the participation in our club. Woke up to find we finished 32nd. Glu driving its customers away. 
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    I pulled Chet on my first cycle. Then "decided" to go for 10 cycles of the big tower. Decided is the important word here. Although I'm happy to have all the legend XP that it gave me, the issue I have with the way the rewards are set up is that you have to "decide" right off the bat to go all out or not doing anything. So it's either you don't play or you go all in and it becomes "a job" to reach the numbers of cycles.

I'd prefer to have good rewards for each cycle, so I would just play when I want and enjoy it more. It just felt like a job yesterday. 

Just my 2 cents. 

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I got stuck in a pointless call at 3PM, and I was out of videos to farm, so I played. I too got Chet on the first try and cycled it within 25 minutes.

Figured I'd give the big tower a shot. Fortunately, another poster here sent me a PM about the same time warning me that even Plat and Diamond teams were struggling today.

I get to 5.8 on the big tower within 20 minutes. Great! Using Gehrig at 20/20 with a 10 WoH boost I'm thinking I will buzz through.  Nope.

As the true believers here say, I was....cough cough...."Leveled off" six times. It was the same patter every time too. It was hilarious. As soon as the tying run would get to the plate, curve outs. Just straight up 9 and out. Nothing you could do. I would use my video reboot, then 9 and out again. I waited 20 minutes for the video to come back two more times and saw the same pattern the second time. Tying run up, 9 and out, video reboot, 9 and out.

The last attempt was a doozie. Same pattern, but this time after the video reboot, I got to tie the game 9-9, man on second, no out. 9 and out. Extra innings! Yes, I'll win this time. NOPE. 9 and out again straight up. I LOLed and quit.

Reading global made me feel better.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

LOL: "I was literally able to screenshot a curve ball about a foot away from the plate called a strike, curious what customer service says"

This is just a few examples of the takes. Good stuff.

I think I found some new friends.

• baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts

Man you have a lot of accounts!
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    Gehrig skills are good when you trail by 3 or less with bases loaded. When your down 8 with bases empty he's full of holes. 

Cobb, Oliver, Green, Cooper, Keeper (2x RHP), MyLegend (2x RHP), Van Slyke, Snow and Powell were all better options. Also, the 80 gold boost was a must if you want to avoid those curveballs. 
    We are all beta testers
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Global is full of assclown 140k diamond teams that don't know wtf they're doing. You'll find some gems in there, but it's mostly just shit posting. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Global is full of assclown 140k diamond teams that don't know wtf they're doing. You'll find some gems in there, but it's mostly just shit posting. 
    Yup exactly. And if you pay attention, it’s the exact same people in there at any point in the day. They don’t play TSB, they play global. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    @baseball2020, Thanks for the morning chuckle. I need that!
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    So so confused.  I srill had no problem with the big tower at gold.  I didn’t “breeze” through, can’t expect to.  Ran into a little difficulty on 4-10 once and used gold boost to save time.  Also had to restart level 5 a few times as auto plays sometimes failed.  I made sure I had my video replay available for 5-10 and needed it a few times but always beat it with boost if needed.  All in all I was quite happy with the event.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    So so confused.  I srill had no problem with the big tower at gold.  I didn’t “breeze” through, can’t expect to.  Ran into a little difficulty on 4-10 once and used gold boost to save time.  Also had to restart level 5 a few times as auto plays sometimes failed.  I made sure I had my video replay available for 5-10 and needed it a few times but always beat it with boost if needed.  All in all I was quite happy with the event.

I got five in last week. I may have had that experience as well yesterday had I kept trying, but at that point, it wasn't worth it to me. I'm already sitting on 800K LxP and don't want a 530 player, so I just quit trying.

That's how I roll too. If my first cycle isn't RNG hell, I usually will try to play all day. Just wasn't in the mood yesterday after that obvious frickery. Just ignorant customer engagement, IMO, but whatever.

As for the poster above that said Gehrig isn't good to use on 5.8: I used the other guys you have listed last week, and they all were consistently curved out after my second cycle. When I went with Gehrig there, he got me back in the loop and I was able to mow through my last three.

Funny thing was, once I got past 5.8 last week, I had no issues with Sabes or Sandman.

This week, I would have had Mookie Wilson ready for 5.10, but I couldn't make it that far. NBD.

I played DD instead since it was "straightaway day" and got another 4K in gold with about 20 tickets.

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Yup exactly. And if you pay attention, it’s the exact same people in there at any point in the day. They don’t play TSB, they play global. 
    Legit lol'd at "play global"
    edited December 2020

I get to 5.8 on the big tower within 20 minutes. Great! Using Gehrig at 20/20 with a 10 WoH boost I'm thinking I will buzz through.  Nope.

I'm sorry, but you lost me at Gehrig on 5.8.  He's not a closer brother.  Level 5 of that tower necessitates at LEAST one skill always active beyond 5.3 or 5.4

You start the round with men on second and third. Both dingers on. You can't hit many HRs, so there is always a man on second. Always. When I was getting curved out with the tying run at the plate, there were men on second and third each time. All dingers lit up.

Last week Oliver and Green got the same treatment, but when I switched to Gehrig, I got through.

Either way, I really didn't care yesterday. I rocked straightaway DD. No frickery there. You either hit it straight or you don't.

You start the round with men on second and third. Both dingers on. You can't hit many HRs, so there is always a man on second. Always. When I was getting curved out with the tying run at the plate, there were men on second and third each time. All dingers lit up.

Last week Oliver and Green got the same treatment, but when I switched to Gehrig, I got through.

Either way, I really didn't care yesterday. I rocked straightaway DD. No frickery there. You either hit it straight or you don't.

Can you record yourself playing next WOH?  I need to understand the frickery that you have constantly gone through for 2 years. Also, RISP is no bueno for WOH. Light might be on, but that skill is pure trash for that mode. 

Sure. I've done it before and sent it out.

I'll try next week.

Can you record yourself playing next WOH?  I need to understand the frickery that you have constantly gone through for 2 years. Also, RISP is no bueno for WOH. Light might be on, but that skill is pure trash for that mode. 
    I would argue that it’s pure trash in nearly every mode.  

Now, if they released the next lefty hitting ATG with vRHP and RISP...I’d probably still level him, mostly because I’m a hoe for points.  But I’d be pissed off about it.

it’s not a “deal breaker,” but I’d be pissed off every time I used him

Now, if they released the next lefty hitting ATG with vRHP and RISP...I’d probably still level him, mostly because I’m a hoe for points.  But I’d be pissed off about it.

Its like meeting a 10/10 hot chick, but then realizing she has a dead tooth and a lazy eye
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts

Its like meeting a 10/10 hot chick, but then realizing she has a dead tooth and a lazy eye

You ain’t lived till you been gummed buddy!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:

We talking old lady gummed, or tweaker gummed? Either way, I'm interested in hearing of your wise tales. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts

whynot said:

Now this is the content we need more of here.

Hey, next time this happens, can you record it?

Its like meeting a 10/10 hot chick, but then realizing she has a dead tooth and a lazy eyeI

In college there was a redhead that was DROP dead gorgeous...until she smiled. Perfect porcelain skin, dark green eyes, thick red hair, perfect figure....but a dead tooth. Ugh.

Saw her after graduation, and she got it fixed. Story stop here.

Its like meeting a 10/10 hot chick, but then realizing she has a dead tooth and a lazy eyeI

In college there was a redhead that was DROP dead gorgeous...until she smiled. Perfect porcelain skin, dark green eyes, thick red hair, perfect figure....but a dead tooth. Ugh.

Saw her after graduation, and she got it fixed. Story stop here.

Your wife?
    LOL. No

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Just play the third tower and stfu already.
    What fun is that?

• TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    You're not funny. Ever.