Game lag since the update

dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
Im hoping this is just because of the switch from the last version to new version on the servers, but the game has been moving at a turtle pace since updating. Even running with a bronze line up its not helping much. The game-play itself seems to be fine, its the loading times between screens. Seems like this is an IOs and Droid issue. Just wondering if there an ETA on a fix. @SandlotGuru @DFBB @jalapenocubbies @Houmy
"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
– The Great Houmy
Prev1

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited December 2020
    I went to hit you up on line, but looks like you blocked me...

The loading screens are TRASH and my app freezes for a solid 30 seconds after I show the captcha that I've not yet turned into a robot - which is about every 50 daggum games. 🤬 

Anyways, I've been force closing and clearing cache pretty frequently to get the app to snap out of it for a bit, but cheating Tyrone informs me this is a bad idea as the cache should actually speed up the performance. Anyone not experiencing horrific speeds? If so - what's the trick?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I heard that if you send @Vboi8575 a gift then the app speeds up.  I haven’t tried it yet because the lag has given me more time to post here.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @retirepujols i dont have you blocked bud.  And Im trying the same thing, I restart my app every 15-20min, the speed goes back to normal but it deteriorates back to slow and laggy very quickly. Im pretty sure once they force the update and everyone switches over, it should get better. I hope so atleast.
    – The Great Houmy
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    This is my solution 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I hadn't noticed anything other than the usual lag which has always been a pain. I am uninstalling after this weekend anyway so mute point for me. Not having any fun with everything being autoplay and still somehow manage to spend money on it. If I was actually playing manually I'd see some value in it but that's no longer the case. 🙄
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@Houmy, hasn’t it always been like that?
    @Houmy theres a few good groups that run h2h tourneys. These have become much more fun then the game events itself. If you ever downloaded LINE like I asked you too I can get you into these h2h tourneys. Worst case it costs you $2-3 in gifts if you get knocked out early.
    – The Great Houmy
    @dkarski87 thanks for the offer brother. Looks like GLU took preemptive action and locked me out anyway as I got the "Illegal Device" message today and now stuck at 37% while all other versions load up fine 🙄. Not gonna worry about it for now as I'll be busy with this bad boy that just came in most of this week anyway with installing and adjusting/aligning it. This boys and girls is a genuine laser tube👇👇👇

• TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    I got the exact same illegal device state on my old device that only has TSB and play store installed 
    @Houmy, hasn’t it always been like that?
    Not really. Very hard to find a good h2h match these days as there are 10+ bonus players for each event now so on any given day you have most players having these rental players on their teams which are mostly BXP & PXP lower max guys and not capped. That just leads to you not matching up with a comparable team strength since most of the premium LXP players are on inactive.

edited December 2020
    EDIT: Try it now. Seems to be fixed.

@TheLegend17 if you are locked out and can't create a CS ticket then use the web link below

Glu Mobile Inc. Support (helpshift.com)

Houmy said:
    @dkarski87 thanks for the offer brother. Looks like GLU took preemptive action and locked me out anyway as I got the "Illegal Device" message today and now stuck at 37% while all other versions load up fine 🙄. Not gonna worry about it for now as I'll be busy with this bad boy that just came in most of this week anyway with installing and adjusting/aligning it. This boys and girls is a genuine laser tube👇👇👇

I’m not even going to pretend like I know what that is. But I like lasers. 
    edited December 2020
    @CanadaCubs 🤣🤣🤣

It's a laser tube for a laser engraving machine and goes pew pew 😉. Mine finally went bust after 10 years and crappy timing at that during xmas. My next project is trying to figure out how to install one in my car for those ****ers cutting me off in traffic 😏

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    lol thats about right

– The Great Houmy
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    It sounds like you guys didn't see that this update included more performance improvements like all the other updates...
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    There’s still no reason to do this update is there? Although I’m getting friendly reminders there is a new update 😂
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    I haven't done it and noticed that WoH wasn't showing the increased rewards for the super tier.   Did you see it updated?
    I haven't done it and noticed that WoH wasn't showing the increased rewards for the super tier.   Did you see it updated?
    I haven’t done WOH today, so no clue. When I saw the format (again) and the crap reward (again), I took the day off. But I keep seeing everyone HATES the forced format, so I’m staying pat for now. Unless there’s a reason I MUST update 🤷‍♂️

This is correct. You must update for the increased rewards. 
    I've noticed, aside from the terrible loading times between screens, the App goes black on startup every 4-5 startups. It just doesn't load, not even the Tap Sports Baseball 20 logo 
    I've noticed, aside from the terrible loading times between screens, the App goes black on startup every 4-5 startups. It just doesn't load, not even the Tap Sports Baseball 20 logo 
    With this bunch, it seems they’re always on a mission to fix what’s not broken and then do even more damage to their previous fixes. I’m  just very hesitant to jump onboard this update. Wait, was there ever a time it wasn’t broken? ‘18 comes to mind.....
    tshea510 said:
    With this bunch, it seems they’re always on a mission to fix what’s not broken and then do even more damage to their previous fixes. I’m  just very hesitant to jump onboard this update. Wait, was there ever a time it wasn’t broken? ‘18 comes to mind.....
    Bump. 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    You know one of the glu mottos: "If it ain't broke, don't... stop tinkering with it until it is,  so that it's then working as intended"
    Just no.  
    edited December 2020
    No extra bases right now for those that haven't updated. 🤕
    oh shart.  I wondered where it was.
    Now the app is shutting off every time I try to play a prime game 
    So that’s how they’re going to be. Force someone to update to a less desirable interface with more bugs in order to play EB? Pretty shitty, but not surprised.
    tshea510 said:
    So that’s how they’re going to be. Force someone to update to a less desirable interface with more bugs in order to play EB? Pretty shitty, but not surprised.
    I really don't understand the reasoning behind the forced UI. I don't recall there being anything wrong with the classic layout. 
  • RollieFingersRollieFingers Registered Users, Member 129 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    I really don't understand the reasoning behind the forced UI. I don't recall there being anything wrong with the classic layout. 
    It worked, there lies the problem