TSB 2020 CvC Patterns - My Anecdotal Experience

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I am sure many of you have different experiences, and I certainly hope they are better than mine.

Last year, CvC wins would yield much better results. It was all very random and some weekends I would pull a Legend on the first big CvC win.  Sometimes getting repeat pulls.  This year, this is my pattern and it holds true.

Going to start this off first by saying this is a very large sample size. My little club wins about 95% of the CvC matches. I open dozens of boxes during the week and a dozen or more daily on the weekend...

Weekday CvC, I ALWAYS win something good, but on the last night of the event. For example, Tuesday night and Thursday night, after the last round, I will get a Legend about 75% of the time, or the best prime player. It never fails.  I can win every CvC prior to that and pull nothing but Xp, the majority of it being BxP. If I turn a pity timer due to other free boxes or whatever, it will always be the worst prime. Happened again this past week too.

Weekend CvC is just brutal. Again yesterday and so far today, I've won every round.  IF I get a player, it will be a BxP guy only. If I win something tonight, it will likely be a Legend when the event is done.

It is comical and predictable at this point as WoH grand tower on Mondays has become.

From this point forward, CvC will be another event I will just skip until the end.

Again, just a personal observation.  Hopefully others have better luck!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Comments

• cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    I think the frequency is due to the box odds. As far as when pulls happen, I think that's always been the case that odds become better when it's later in the event. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Did somebody say rigged boxes? ^^^^
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    cb11 said:
    I think the frequency is due to the box odds. As far as when pulls happen, I think that's always been the case that odds become better when it's later in the event. 
    Agreed but I did get Damon from the last bash matchup yesterday evening. Even so he'll probably wind up on the recycle heap come Monday morning. Not much I can do with him with that skill set.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I’ve pulled Damon twice from CVC boxes this weekend. I really don’t think the boxes are any different. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited December 2020
    They're free boxes, I'm curious why you'll stop yourself from getting them? The box odds are disgusting, so I wouldn't expect great pulls from CVC. I can't even remember the last time I got a PLAYER from CVC, let alone a good one. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • TigerBravosTigerBravos Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    My experience is the same. All boxes are predetermined 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    They're free boxes, I'm curious why you'll stop yourself from getting them? The box odds are disgusting, so I wouldn't expect great pulls from CVC. I can't even remember the last time I got a PLAYER from CVC, let alone a good one. 
    I’ll still try, just at the end of the event.

Again, noon CvC, two BxP, but a PxP! Woo hoo

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

two BxP, but a PxP! Woo hoo
    Yeah, that sums up cvc for me. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Flipped the pity timer on tree top boxes. Got the coal box, then Hendricks again! Yay

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    They gave me Olerud from the cvc before this one.  I'm not levelling him.  I'll gift him to you guys.
    Just no.  
    Welp, got nothing all weekend from CvC and I won every single one of them. Whomp whomp.

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited December 2020
    I played solo for the majority of 19.  Almost always managed to land the players I was after with Gold or CVC.
    Conversely, I've played the majority of 20 in a big club.  We're a Top 15 club in nearly every event; we win a lot of CVC rounds.  (Except when GLU decides to match us up with Glumanati for 3 of the 5 Bash rounds.  That's special) I have NEVER pulled the top player/players from a CVC box this year.  I legitimately can't think of a single one.

Something was changed this year.
    edited December 2020
    I played solo for the majority of 19.  Almost always managed to land the players I was after with Gold or CVC.
    Conversely, I've played the majority of 20 in a big club.  We're a Top 15 club in nearly every event.  I have NEVER pulled the top player/players from a CVC box this year.  I legitimately can't think of a single one.
    Something was changed this year.
    Only time I can remember pulling players in cvc were REPULLS, not the "aha, gotcha!" pulls. That said, its been a minute since even that's happened. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Actually, I will take part of that back.  The ONLY LEGEND I HAVE EVER PULLED from a CVC win....happened to be Ty Cobb last week.  The bizarrest pull in my TSB life.  I'm not Diamond and dont spend a lot, but the four days prior had been the hardest I had ever chased a player in my TSB life.  Spent more gold and real life cash than ever before.  And I came up empty,  and Monday I get him on a BS Monday-II box.  I couldnt have been more blown away if I had woken up with my face sewn to the carpet.

Everything is harder this year for 2020. Still no blue LxP boxes in the store on top of all of that.

2021 is going to be much, much worse.

Next year, I'm not going to spend gold going after a player until ATGs are released.  I'm also not going to farm like I did this year either. What a waste that was.

With the oversaturation of players due to extra "bonus" boxes on Tuesday and Thursday, as well as the "buy the players" on the weekends, chasing is pointless. Chances are VERY good the same position with the same skills will be released the next day, or a different position with the same skills.

Not building a roster for slugfest will help too. That's now pointless as well.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

Everything is harder this year for 2020. 

'20 is definitely different. The focus has shifted completely from team building to club points. If you value the latter, it's actually been pretty fun. If you're more into team building, then it probably hasn't been much fun this year.
    My CvC approach has taken a complete 180 because of how the game has changed. Last year, I'd usually wait for CvC boxes so I could save gold. This year, with club rewards being jacked up considerably, I can't 'afford' to wait on CvC. On top of losing valuable time to score club points, I no longer have the patience to wait hours and hours on end. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Well, the catch this year being that it normally takes 100K in gold to land a good player too.

GLU has us by the balls. LOL

Everything is harder this year for 2020. Still no blue LxP boxes in the store on top of all of that.

2021 is going to be much, much worse.

Next year, I'm not going to spend gold going after a player until ATGs are released.  I'm also not going to farm like I did this year either. What a waste that was.

With the oversaturation of players due to extra "bonus" boxes on Tuesday and Thursday, as well as the "buy the players" on the weekends, chasing is pointless. Chances are VERY good the same position with the same skills will be released the next day, or a different position with the same skills.

Not building a roster for slugfest will help too. That's now pointless as well.

I personally enjoy the game most before primes are released. Its so easy to level bxp guys, and almost every bonus player can be used either long term or for bonus points. Right now I can't imagine using a bxp guy for anything, and even primes for bonus points (besides sp) are pretty blah. Atg's are cool, but landing them is a pain in the manlies. 
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    edited December 2020
    Yeah, I say it's a ton better pre-prime.  Every part of the game can be used, boxes, draft picks, slugfest, the player store... It's much more interesting and playable.  At this point, the game is nothing but hold a prime if it completes a set, then discard and the same for legends unless it's better than current.