Options

Phil Niekro

Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
RIP Phil. You were a revolutionary pitcher

Comments

• Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I love the addition of him in WoH. That is a very challenging round. Much prefer that approach by GLU than dreaded programmed outs.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I love facing him. It’s way more interesting than the curve balls. 
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    I love facing him. It’s way more interesting than the curve balls. 
    I agree, definitely a nice touch. I love the knuckle balls. A little more challenging to gauge whether to swing or not, definitely life like! I tell you what though if you get a hold of one it goes a long way.
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    yep one of my recommendations a few weeks ago was to add every pitchers full arsenal for WoH instead of programmed outs. I know I would struggle but would enjoy it way more knowing I wasn’t purposely being bent over.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    yep one of my recommendations a few weeks ago was to add every pitchers full arsenal for WoH instead of programmed outs. I know I would struggle but would enjoy it way more knowing I wasn’t purposely being bent over.
    Yeah, but after seeing a pitch three or four times its easy to recognize and blast. Niekros knuckleball is an easy homer every time round these parts. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Yeah, but after seeing a pitch three or four times its easy to recognize and blast. Niekros knuckleball is an easy homer every time round these parts. 
    Shhhhh........watch your mouth! Or as Elmer Fudd would say “be vewy vewy quiet”
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    He’s a blast 💥 Nice change of pace
    Very enjoyable and reminiscent of 19’ fun with Eckersley@4.10

• Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Don’t forget to give a moment of silence on level 5-9 today 
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Don’t forget to give a moment of silence on level 5-9 today 

Silence my foot!  He would be much happier if you called him every expletive you could think of after he strikes you out! 🤬🤬
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    A real shame. I love facing him in WOH. First week he tied me in knots. Only beat him once so Glu had to cause a crash to put that right. Ever since then, I’ve only lost to him once. His fastball can beat me for pace if I’m delaying my swing but the knuckle balls are fun. 

Rather than cheating you with 9 curve balls, I find the introduction of new pitchers gives me a fair challenge. I usually lose first time I face a new one.