Thinking of Going Plat Since 2020 Will Be My Blowout Year

2Next

Comments

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    @drsmartassphd - thanks man, I'm a Excel nerd.  Leveling players correctly and maximizing the value of your repulls is probably the most important aspect of the game to master at plat/diamond in order to save money.  
    I feel like this is a topic in and of itself.  One I would very much like to see discussed in more detail
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    Last January I went from gold to diamond in 24 hours. Was actually fun rebuilding my team over again, I kind of wished I would have waited longer this year to be able to give me a new challenge.  The good thing is even with buying field pass every week I’ve spent less in diamond this yearthan I did in gold last year. I’m currently playing tournaments while typing this closing in on another 8000 gold. 
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    Plat is noman's land. Go diamond 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Phase one started. Put my ATGs to Plat last night.

Going to put a few more players to P10 today so I can hit fan rewards, then I'll start hammering BGs to move up plat status and get EVO and Gold.

May hit some WoH too.

First question: Should I put my keepers at P10? Is it work sinking Evo into them?  I have keeper Brett who is my best 3B right now, so It may not be a choice, but I also have Yogi, but solid options at C.

Thanks for the input.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    It was painful, but I took all 3 keepers and ML to P10 when I went plat and don’t regret it one bit. Keeper Brett still gets it done closing.

• toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    I had 2.1 mil blue xp.  When I took all of my keepers to p10.  Didn’t make much of a dent.
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    And if you still had some of that 500k gold you stored up early in the year... you could take all of your good player’s skills to 20.  Perhaps a little time travel is in order?  Give a message to your June self.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts

Phase one started. Put my ATGs to Plat last night.

Going to put a few more players to P10 today so I can hit fan rewards, then I'll start hammering BGs to move up plat status and get EVO and Gold.

May hit some WoH too.

First question: Should I put my keepers at P10? Is it work sinking Evo into them?  I have keeper Brett who is my best 3B right now, so It may not be a choice, but I also have Yogi, but solid options at C.

Thanks for the input.

I would level Brett. He will eventually get bumped and he will be decent for WOH. Plus he’s BXP vs LXP. Evo won’t be an issue in a little bit for you I’m sure. Going diamond is a lot of fun the problem is when you’re there and your team is capped lol, then it gets back to the monotonous grind. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Another thing to consider on weekend is if created legend is discounted on weekend he would be a great loyalty generator. More bxp to level than a regular bxp player but balls for days and days with a cap. If you actually need to use the player as you move others up skills are a cheap leveling option too with the weekend discount.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I'm excited to hear that a bunch of guys are moving up!  A lot of players seem dissatisfied with WOH, but for anyone who is making a level jump to plat/diamond - while the WOH reward players may be mediocre, they are nearly free to obtain and super cheap to level (because of repulls).  I think WOH is still hands down the cheapest way to build a solid team, it just requires a time commitment. Good luck guys! 
    To this point - I now have a second diamond team with a huge load of 11k lxp and my best player is keeper Yogi. I can't do anything with the woh reward, even though he would be my new best player, but I have a reason to play woh anyways to earn lxp. Once I've gotten some lxp under my belt, most of these sad woh rewards will be making this team and actually improving it. If anyone is gold or platinum and is extremely bored of the game, moving up without "proper" resources *can* be a fun challenge. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    edited December 2020
    Another under-appreciated element of WOH this year is the ability to stack PXP - I'm sitting on about 9.6M right now ;o)  As an example for diamond players, if you levelled Nimmo to G10 and then completed 24 more cycles (insane, I know), you'd have a net PXP gain of about 287K and would walk away with a D10 prime for points in Thursday's event.  This is on top of the roughly 200K LXP you'd earn (assuming you just take Minoso to S1).  Boring, tedious, lame...to each their own, but there's a lot of value that can be generated in the WOH grind that can be used down the road on players you covet. 
    Another under-appreciated element of WOH this year is the ability to stack PXP - I'm sitting on about 9.6M right now ;o)  As an example for diamond players, if you levelled Nimmo to G10 and then completed 24 more cycles (insane, I know), you'd have a net PXP gain of about 287K and would walk away with a D10 prime for points in Thursday's event.  This is on top of the roughly 200K LXP you'd earn (assuming you just take Minoso to S1).  Boring, tedious, lame...to each their own, but there's a lot of value that can be generated in the WOH grind that can be used down the road on players you covet. 
    Dude, I've started to just level box primes to g10, repull, p10, repull, d10 simply for the balls. I know the gold levels produce the most balls, but I'd rather just trade the pxp for balls and save the gold. Pxp just flows from everywhere lmao. I'd guess not having sig primes and living legends that take pxp has allowed them to devalue it so much. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I would probably level your keepers. I did. If they continue to bump them as they have in the past they will eventually be as good as any non-ATG available in the game today.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    @retirepujols - I like that PXP for balls (to cash to BGs/tournies to gold) swap idea.  The VIP forum guys have been urging Glu to release living legends for quite awhile now - I'm not sure whether it'll happen or not, but I'm going to hold on to that hope for awhile longer.  A month or so from now I'll burn through all my PXP just for kicks. 
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    @drsmartassphd I went from gold to diamond at the end of last year with many of the same folks giving you advice here. I had a lot of fun. I did learn that I wouldn’t want to be diamond all year, but the process was a blast. It certainly helped to be in club with monsters that were getting club rewards to help me level everyone. I would definitely do again - I just haven’t gotten around to it. I think you’ll enjoy it. Good luck. 
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    @retirepujols - I like that PXP for balls (to cash to BGs/tournies to gold) swap idea.  The VIP forum guys have been urging Glu to release living legends for quite awhile now - I'm not sure whether it'll happen or not, but I'm going to hold on to that hope for awhile longer.  A month or so from now I'll burn through all my PXP just for kicks. 
    My guess is that they will keep LL under the LXP format (maybe change it back next year). It seems like the prime POTW is their band-aid to have people spend all the extra PXP. 
    cb11 said:
    My guess is that they will keep LL under the LXP format (maybe change it back next year). It seems like the prime POTW is their band-aid to have people spend all the extra PXP. 
    I just HATE chasing potw boxes. Feels like I spend all of my gold and get next to nothing 😔 a 5 point increase in max doesn't do it for me, and the higher decrease rate doesn't matter as primes have no place on my roster outside of maybe bonus points and earning balls lol
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    cb11 said:
    I just HATE chasing potw boxes. Feels like I spend all of my gold and get next to nothing 😔 a 5 point increase in max doesn't do it for me, and the higher decrease rate doesn't matter as primes have no place on my roster outside of maybe bonus points and earning balls lol
    The last three I’ve bought have played less than 50 combined games for me.  They’re literally to complete sets it feels like
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    cb11 said:
    The last three I’ve bought have played less than 50 combined games for me.  They’re literally to complete sets it feels like
    Carlos Santana(switch hitter with leadoff/blowouts) from two weeks ago was the best potw of the year. He's the only potw I've actually played all year. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • CardsCards Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I agree with Sandlot on the repulls