Things Glu did right.

xxHataxxxxHataxx Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
Happy New Year.to all.
Long time lurker.

So with '20 coming to an end, '21 a couple months away. What has Glu done right you hope to see carried over to '21?

Bash is the overwhelming favourite I'm guessing. Anything else?
Positive spin time. What should/could we realistically look forward to (positively) in TSB 21?
Prev134

Comments

• JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    1. AS level carryover
    2. Repull XP
    3. No EVO & reduced cost ATG leveling
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Keeper bumps at curve or at least very close to it
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    1) More ways to make us spend.

2) More bugs that benefit us getting fixed quickly but ignoring those that benefit them.

3) Improved cut and paste responses from CS

4) You guessed it, more Rigged Boxes!

I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited January 2021
    They literally did nothing right this year - I won't be downloading 21, they have probably spent all year coming up with ways to charge a couple of addicts more money while alienating 99% of their remaining users. Wouldn't be surprised if box odds dropped to 1 out of every 10,000 boxes.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Since there is so many ways to play this game and one particular way I have always played was team building. This year has sucked as far as team building. I hope the game becomes more inclusive for different ways of playing not just all about club points. WoH rewards matching the difficulty of mode. A 535 legend at the mega tower not a good match. Sometime in the fall the player boxes started loosening up. I hope the trend follows into next year.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    There are several new features that I like. The player shop, daily and club achievements, multiple lineups, team collection, bonus player collection, night/day options for all major league fields, the new mega tower for woh, target bash and maybe I’m missing some others. Despite all of the good things I think that how horrible the reward players for woh have been overrides all of the cool little features that they’ve added. I’m probably one of the few on the forum that play 19 more than 20. I understand that there are no new players in 19 but at least I’m not disappointed when I open the app as opposed to when I open 20 especially on woh days. Between that and only winning about 15% of bonus games at silver has drastically cut my PT down compared to being diamond in the past. Thanks Glu for helping me to take major steps towards breaking my addiction! 
    I forgot to mention x-factors. If they would fix the woh reward player I would absolutely love this version 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited January 2021
    Three positives:

• All star carry over was a FANTASTIC idea. 

• The increased repull value is great as well, though I assume it has to do with box luck being pretty atrocious.

• All of the little challenges sprinkled in give us little things to do for small rewards that add up (daily challenges, club challenges, the elusive global challenge, daily login rewards, collection sets). 

Three negatives:

• Box pulls. You can go very very deep without pulling anyone of value. It seems like there needs to be some sort of secondary pity timer or something implemented to not leave so many people feeling ripped off so often. 

• Overwhelming amount of sets. Even if you get those good pulls from my first point, you can often be blown out of the water because you can't seem to grab the stupid prime you don't care about that's a part of one of the sets. I miss the days of bonus players earning you x amount of bonus points without sets adding an extra bonus. It's exhausting. 

• Walk off hero leaves a lot to be desired. The rewards are NOT impressive, to say the least. Add in the times where people are going 1 of 30+ on repulls and it's just a complete buzzkill to what so many consider their favorite, or former favorite, game mode. 

I can go on and on about negatives, like keepers and ML being crapped on, but I feel like these are my top three pros and cons from what I've experienced this year. 

*** Captcha is a top negative, but since it doesn't apply to IOS users I didn't include it ***
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Expanding on the mini-challenges, when it's running, Extra Bases 2x/week has been very good. The diversity of the game has also been a positive step. My biggest worry for '21 is the further shift towards pay to compete with the atrocious odds. For regular boxes, it's not viable to chase a player unless you have lots of $ to back it up. This is probably why the purchase player X for $99 has become so popular: only way to get a guaranteed top player. 
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts

• Walk off hero leaves a lot to be desired. The rewards are NOT impressive, to say the least. Add in the times where people are going 1 of 30+ on repulls and it's just a complete buzzkill to what so many consider their favorite, or former favorite, game mode. 

I might be wrong, but I think they're trying to make WOH become tournaments (great way to pull resources if done properly, but terribly inefficient and going to get a way below curve player). In many ways, the direct consequence of increased repull XP was the killing of WOH because that would help the player too much. It would be interesting to see if people would prefer a guaranteed below the curve player or a bad odds box with a top player since those are now the only possibilities. 
    cb11 said:

I might be wrong, but I think they're trying to make WOH become tournaments (great way to pull resources if done properly, but terribly inefficient and going to get a way below curve player). In many ways, the direct consequence of increased repull XP was the killing of WOH because that would help the player too much. It would be interesting to see if people would prefer a guaranteed below the curve player or a bad odds box with a top player since those are now the only possibilities. 
    Quite honestly IMO they don't need to make it the top overall player for the WoH award keep it somewhere between 10-15 pts behind curve and keep box odds as they are. It'll give players a choice to build through WoH with a little behind the curve players or spend gold for players with a challenging chance not an impossible chance as it was earlier in the year for top overall players. As it is 30 points behind is not any good because they are so behind the curve. At least players 10-15 points behind would still be extremely competitive with top overalls. Glu needs to learn how to make things challenging but not impossible and to do things in such a way they can capitalize on missed out revenue. They are leaving a crap load of money on the table each week.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Three positives:

• All star carry over was a FANTASTIC idea. 

• The increased repull value is great as well, though I assume it has to do with box luck being pretty atrocious.

• All of the little challenges sprinkled in give us little things to do for small rewards that add up (daily challenges, club challenges, the elusive global challenge, daily login rewards, collection sets). 

Three negatives:

• Box pulls. You can go very very deep without pulling anyone of value. It seems like there needs to be some sort of secondary pity timer or something implemented to not leave so many people feeling ripped off so often. 

• Overwhelming amount of sets. Even if you get those good pulls from my first point, you can often be blown out of the water because you can't seem to grab the stupid prime you don't care about that's a part of one of the sets. I miss the days of bonus players earning you x amount of bonus points without sets adding an extra bonus. It's exhausting. 

I can go on and on about negatives, like keepers and ML being crapped on, but I feel like these are my top three pros and cons from what I've experienced this year. 

*** Captcha is a top negative, but since it doesn't apply to IOS users I didn't include it ***
    I think this is exactly right but the problem is the negatives far outweigh the positives. This year has been a disaster with regards to cost to compete. Event rewards are great, but when you have to spend several hundred gold to complete a bonus set, it pretty much offsets it. I’ve been playing for 4 years and this is the worst it’s been with player pulls. This weekend broke me finally and I will be slow playing 20 the rest of the way and will decide on 21 later. At the vip council I begged for some way to get a level player pity timer whether it was via fan rewards or replacing the current 90% low level prime gurantee. It didn’t really seem to go anywhere unfortunately.  As a side note, while it’s minimal, there selections of ATG this year seems a little off. Whitey Ford and Enos Slaughter are ATG but Bob Gibson(who was an atg in 18), Greg Maddux, Tony Gwynn, Stan Musial(was and atg in 19), Jimmie Fox etc are not. I get they can always make an atg version of the above players but that ruins the concept of ATG in my opinion. 
    As a side note to my above mini rant. I know players who have had it worse with box pulls, especially atg.  But it still sucks for anyone who has spent 200-300k or more on top of real cash and came away empty handed. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    The overwhelming thing this year is that the cost to compete has skyrocketed. I am frugal by nature, and I spend a lot of time in the app to offset the need to spend real money. Even so, I spent more this year than ever before. 

I’ve said it many times, but sets killed the game for low spenders. This weekend I got really lucky with box pulls, got Yogi and Boone within my first 6k gold spent. But I’m not even sniffing a set. There’s a set that will cost you $100 and some luck (Slaughter), a set that will cost you $30 and some luck (Gibson) and then the ATG sets (and we know how much those effectively cost). It’s nuts. 
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    The very worst things about this game are the boxes. e.g. They guarantee a player by box 12. Then it’s a crappy reliever. So you start again. Now in the normal world, when the odds say there should be a player of some sort in every 4th box, you shouldn’t get to box 12 again but you do. It’s the crappy reliever again. 

That needs to stop. Early season, it should guarantee a different player. Later in the season it should guarantee a higher level player. 

When ATGs are in the game after you’ve spent so much on the game chasing one, they ought to ensure you get one. I find it odd that I was the last in the club to get a prime, the last to get a legend and could well be the last to get an ATG. This despite easily being my club’s top contributor. 
    @Piglet1899 my totally f2p holder has the same number of ATGs as my main account that is vip and have opened waaaaaaay more boxes on it. I also got one first on the holder account. The holder also has more 565 players(2) than my main account(0). By winning about 75% of the cvc events, playing woh and plenty of other events if should be the other way. My level of frustration has continually grown as I open more boxes. 
    Metsicans said:
    The overwhelming thing this year is that the cost to compete has skyrocketed. I am frugal by nature, and I spend a lot of time in the app to offset the need to spend real money. Even so, I spent more this year than ever before. 

I’ve said it many times, but sets killed the game for low spenders. This weekend I got really lucky with box pulls, got Yogi and Boone within my first 6k gold spent. But I’m not even sniffing a set. There’s a set that will cost you $100 and some luck (Slaughter), a set that will cost you $30 and some luck (Gibson) and then the ATG sets (and we know how much those effectively cost). It’s nuts. 
    I spent 190k gold before I got a set. Hence why I’m stepping back. Almost every weekend it takes me 100k for a set, this weekend was the worst. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    100k is cheap, but I assume you mean per set? It usually requires 200-500k on gauntlet weekend to grab every set needed to score well. Thats not including the special players you need to buy as well or 100$ deals.  Everyone has already mentioned it though, they make it so you need those sets to compete and the cost to acquire those sets far out weight the rewards. You spend 300k on average to win 15k in rewards.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    100k is cheap, but I assume you mean per set? It usually requires 200-500k on gauntlet weekend to grab every set needed to score well. Thats not including the special players you need to buy as well or 100$ deals.  Everyone has already mentioned it though, they make it so you need those sets to compete and the cost to acquire those sets far out weight the rewards. You spend 300k on average to win 15k in rewards.
    Yes 100k for A set not all the sets. I would be elated to get every set for 100k. Generally speaking it take mega around 100k to get the foil from the 500 box. It’s just not enjoyable anymore. I had hoped for some improvements, the biggest thing to me is the acquisition of top players (atg and foil). Why they can’t just put a fan rewards or gurantee for an atg at whatever it is on beyond me. I mean we’ve had this convo. What I spent this weekend will take me 3 weeks atleast to get back, or a couple thousand dollars. Been this way since the vip council and “improved” odds. At this point it isn’t worth it anymore. Probably shoulda stopped a month ago. 
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    I just wanted my VIP Newsletter Gift 🎁 They didn’t even get that right 🤦🏻‍♂️ I’m still waiting....
    I just opened up a ticket for it. Hopefully it magically appears. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    I just opened up a ticket for it. Hopefully it magically appears. 
    I contacted CS and they got it to me. Not until after they accused me of operating two different accounts on my device (which I don’t do), but I did receive the gift after contacting them. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    https://streamable.com/4pc71s

These sorts of things could use a polishing, too..
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Pujols I can see where that can be a problem. 
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    The game has come a long long way from 2017 when I started playing. One change back in 2018/9 that hasn’t been mentioned is the club info button - being able to see who plays in what club and how they have performed in different events is great.

Unfortunately I’m in the same camp as some on this thread - the crappy box odds, and therefore increased gold requirement to compete / land sets and have fun scoring club points, for me, outweighs everything else. I’ll skip the details - it took one million gold for me to finally pull an ATG batter from a box (spread over several weekends of course). Kinda takes the fun out of it when you are on the extreme side of the odds.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    2020 has been a wild year for Glu. I'd like to take the opportunity to lay out the pros and cons....
    Pros:
    1- multi city adventures for my Kardashian character. I love the ability to grab a red eye from LA to NYC at any given point
    2- New Outfits!  Love the variety! 
    3- Dating Celebrities!  It's a dog eat dog world out there. We all know this. But it's great to know that if you can keep a following on your Instagram feed, you can land that dream boat. Top shelf!

Cons:
    1-  My friends and I only have 1 issue. K Stars are too hard to acquire. It feels like a P2W game platform. I mean, are the boxes rigged?  Wowzas! 

That's it for now. Keep up the great work Glu!
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    2020 has been a wild year for Glu. I'd like to take the opportunity to lay out the pros and cons....
    Pros:
    1- multi city adventures for my Kardashian character. I love the ability to grab a red eye from LA to NYC at any given point
    3- Dating Celebrities!  It's a dog eat dog world out there. We all know this. But it's great to know that if you can keep a following on your Instagram feed, you can land that dream boat. Top shelf!

Cons:
    1-  My friends and I only have 1 issue. K Stars are too hard to acquire. It feels like a P2W game platform. I mean, are the boxes rigged?  Wowzas! 

Dang!!  There are even rigged boxes in Kardashians! 

I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • TBone66TBone66 Registered Users 10 Posts
    Make WOH great again.
    whynot said:
    Pros:

Cons:

Dang!!  There are even rigged boxes in Kardashians! 

Glu..... Synonymous with rigged....
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    I just wanted my VIP Newsletter Gift 🎁 They didn’t even get that right 🤦🏻‍♂️ I’m still waiting....
    I sent CS a message and they fixed it right off.. I was shocked and then to top It off I pulled Bernie Williams from the box
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit