Previous Seasons FYI

tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts

I know there are a handful of us that still enjoy playing the previous seasons of this app, for whatever our reasons are. A few weeks ago, video gold was removed from the ‘17 app. And now, for the past 2 days, Daily Rewards have been removed from the ‘17, ‘18 & ‘19 games. Just an FYI.....

Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷

Comments

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Club loyalty boxes gone from at least 19.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    samtheman said:
    I haven’t checked that lately, thanks!
    samtheman said:
    You're right. So let’s see......I can still make donations and build up loyalty, but can’t spend them? Hey Glu, we ALL spent money on these apps, why are you removing features of the game that cost you NOTHING in terms of support? 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    There are still plenty of specials that you can buy. I believe that the cvc subscription is still available if you’re interested 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    samtheman said:
    I'm so curious why this was done. I can't think of any reason to mess with that 🤔
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Don't want to say this was all my fault but it was probably all my fault. I did uninstall 17-19 a few weeks back so.... 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    When in doubt, blame @Houmy. He's probably the reason why most people never for the newsletter gift as well.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    When in doubt, blame @Houmy. He's probably the reason why most people never for the newsletter gift as well.
    CS sent me the newsletter gift after I asked them about it. I was slightly surprised they didn't say something off the wall like "the newsletter gift is sent to only certain teams every month" or "check your spam folder to find the newsletter."
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    samtheman said:
    I'm so curious why this was done. I can't think of any reason to mess with that 🤔
    Given that it happened on the last day of 2020 I figure it’s something programmed that expired. They really should put them back as it almost breaks the older games if you don’t have free ways to get blue cash.
    samtheman said:
    samtheman said:
    Given that it happened on the last day of 2020 I figure it’s something programmed that expired. They really should put them back as it almost breaks the older games if you don’t have free ways to get blue cash.
    Still no change. No video gold in ‘17 and no Daily Rewards in all previous seasons. Doesn’t appear to be an “accident” any longer.
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Wonder if this is indication that the game will be  or has been sold? Have heard rumors, nothing more. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    JTPASTOR said:
    Wonder if this is indication that the game will be  or has been sold? Have heard rumors, nothing more. 
    Don’t tease me!  That would be a dream come true!  Anybody would do a better job then the current management, it could be sooo good, if only....
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    JTPASTOR said:
    Don’t tease me!  That would be a dream come true!  Anybody would do a better job then the current management, it could be sooo good, if only....
    I tried to look up stuff, but all I can find are a bunch of complaints with the BBB and the typical FU response and this opinion https://stockinvest.us/stock/GLUU
    JTPASTOR said:
    I highly doubt it would be related to that. They disappeared on the last day of 2020, which suggests to me it’s programming that expired. The club loyalty boxes have already been put back in TSB 19.
    Daily Reward back in ‘19, all is well, I think. ‘17, ‘18 still no rewards or loyalty boxes. One year at a time I suppose? 
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    This thread has got me thinking. 
    This year has seen me invest huge amounts of time and quite a bit of money in this game. I will be unable (time) and unwilling (money) to do the same when the next version comes out. The enthusiasm to start chasing 3 star players will be lacking. 

If I stay on Tap 20, I keep my team but I assume that I get ditched from my club if everyone else moves into the new version? Would there be clubs playing Tap 20 or would I just play as an individual?
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I’m still playing 19 more than I am 20 and there are still plenty of active clubs out there. Of course it’s dwindled down but there will be plenty of options when it comes to joining a club 
    16 and 17 club play were shut down at the two year mark. I was surprised 18 stayed going but it could have been related to the pandemic.  But you should be able to play 20 for quite a while. I think keepers were primarily developed to try to get people into the new game as I think there are large numbers that don’t switch over.