WoH 1/4/21 Inevitable Disappointment Prediction Thread

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Looking forward to hitting this week at Plat level. I need LxP, so I at least have some motivation to play.

As for the "prize", I will go with another third or fourth tier player nobody wants (535). RH OF with double RISP.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Prev1

Comments

• 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    I feel like its going to be another 1B.   Maybe a SS at 535..late innings and VS LHP.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I'm hoping that a rare 2nd basemen will make an appearance.
    edited January 2021
    I'm hoping also they will bump the WoH player up. I mean at least 10 points, that will still be well under the Mendoza line but still it gives those players a fighting chance. But.... inevitable disappointment....
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

If memory serves, last year the WoH reward was usually 20 behind the curve. They really stuck it to us this year.

Can't have too much fun!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

If memory serves, last year the WoH reward was usually 20 behind the curve. They really stuck it to us this year.

Can't have too much fun!

20 points is a whole heck of a lot better than 30 points. 20 points is on the fringe of being irrelevant but still useful. 30 points is irrelevant and only good for rounds 1-4 IMO on any given level, if even that IMO. Except for a rare player that somehow always defies the test of time like my 520 Posada but he is now on my inactives after acquiring Piazza. But those players are rare.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited January 2021

I could NOT remember where we were in WOH this time last year, so I searched it up on last years trusty forum. The rewards seemed to be LIGHT YEARS ahead of where they are now (see screenshot above), although the difficulty was as well (see screenshot below).

Shout out to @JCAM80 for these screenshots from the thread I linked in my previous comment, as the rest of us mainly just talked about how we couldn't even beat the dang thing or didn't want to try. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

I could NOT remember where we were in WOH this time last year, so I searched it up on last years trusty forum. The rewards seemed to be LIGHT YEARS ahead of where they are now (see screenshot above), although the difficulty was as well (see screenshot below).

Shout out to @JCAM80 for these screenshots from the thread I linked in my previous comment, as the rest of us mainly just talked about how we couldn't even beat the dang thing or didn't want to try. 
    You think something like that is in store again with the release of The Babe on the bump? That would kill WoH instantly with the miserable awards they have.
    You think something like that is in store again with the release of The Babe on the bump? That would kill WoH instantly with the miserable awards they have.
    The difficulty could increase, but I don't think it would be like what I shared above. That screenshot with a 569 Babe was before they reduced the difficulty mid event. It was still way tougher than now, but less ridiculous lol. I just don't see why we don't have 550's in woh. We had a bump in max overall from 550 to 565 and the woh "rewards" went from, what, 530 to 535?
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Well a second basemen, but still a 535

Well a second basemen, but still a 535

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Jan 6, 2020: 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    The player is fine. The skills are fine. It's just that it's all redundant now. Another 535 legend with WOH based skills. With big time WOH fatigue having set in I think I'd rather just save it for a Royale weekend when the reward is the same and I can pace myself and not burn out on WOH for 12 hours to cap the guy. 
    So i like the player and skills just wish the overall was a bump higher. He'd fit right in with my righty walk off line up.
  • scostelloscostello Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    So basically if you don't have maxed out (to what ever level you are) max level players in WOH you don't have a shot at completing cycling it?  So If I cap my 535 to 550 guys it's just a waste right now?  
    The player is fine. The skills are fine. It's just that it's all redundant now. Another 535 legend with WOH based skills. With big time WOH fatigue having set in I think I'd rather just save it for a Royale weekend when the reward is the same and I can pace myself and not burn out on WOH for 12 hours to cap the guy. 
    Love the player, love the position, love the skills but needs a bump badly that's my biggest complaint. Won't be playing to cap just to get player and some Lxp. Bye bye 470 DJ Lemahieu
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @scostello I’m still cycling with 535 2xrhp with skills 20/20 so I wouldnt say that it’s a waste. When he can’t do it anymore I have 550 Snow with the same skills that I can max out or if I get a higher rated hitter when that time comes 
    So i like the player and skills just wish the overall was a bump higher. He'd fit right in with my righty walk off line up.
    I kinda feel the same way but he’s very close to being the same as Skanky  for everyday use. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Welp, just cycling for LxP today.

GLU could have me trying to cap two players today if they didn't offer such a crappy WoH reward. So be it.

edited January 2021
    Level 5 on the third tower is all righty

I was hoping for a nice catcher in woh for one of my teams, but pulled yogi instead. I 🙄guess🙄 that'll be fine. *immense sarcasm included in this message*
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Anyone have info on level 5 of super tower yet?
    edited January 2021
    First three levels are the same as previous. Im on level 4 now, and it appears to be the same as well.
    Super tower first 4 level are the same.
    Mega tower all righty too
    4.10 Joe (Pain in my rear) Kelly is harder than any round on level.
    Going for my third cycle for Chucky...got to 5.9... CRASH😡🤬😤🤬
    It's on purpose.... I can't think of any other reason why.... At the last rounds then crash starts you over again. Actually I know why to drain your resources, to make you auto play some more at the most expensive level of a tower. 
    I did my 3 cycles to get chuck and doing a little slow play in the mega tower just to keep my club in the top 100. I usually buy some boxes on Mondays but my luck has been so bad that I don’t feel like wasting gold right now 
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Jan 6, 2020: 

Im sending you a case of screen wipes....enable yourself

you can't spell deteriorate without detroit