TSB20: We Lost A Lot Of Good Men Out There

Comments

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    RIP @jalapenocubbies

Sad to see you go brother, but happy for you as well.
    It was time. It shoulda happened atleast a month ago if not longer. I begged and pleaded for help at the vip council that fell on deaf ears I suppose. I’ll note if they ever decide to adjust the player gurantee to where it’s an actual, usable player like the foil legend or an ATG, I’ll likely return. But what’s it’s taking me to pull a 1 bonus set every weekend, not even including weekday, it isn’t sustainable for me any longer. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Right behind you @jalapenocubbies. Just made one of the forum members that joined the club leader and uninstalled. Was just hanging on to see how high I could take the team strength just for the heck of it.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Great sign GLU when your freaking VIP Council members are quitting and deleting the app!  
    Houmy said:
    Right behind you @jalapenocubbies. Just made one of the forum members that joined the club leader and uninstalled. Was just hanging on to see how high I could take the team strength just for the heck of it.
    I hear ya. In the end for me, the fun is competing and building a nice team. They have made it too expensive and to hard to do both. Completely out of reach bonus sets without extreme luck or endless pockets which I have neither. Like I said, my biggest issue going into the council was finding a way to make high end players more attainable. There was no traction with it and felt like it was just brushed it off. I mean, we asked them to adjust the time on the last cvc on weekend so it didn’t end the same time as the event and it’s been 2+ months and they couldn’t do that. The prime gurantee while a good concept doesn’t work the way I envisioned it(pulling the low end prime 90%+) and to me they should gurantee a foil or atg at some point to make the bleeding stop. But again, it was never discussed again or mentioned despite the endless examples we provide of obnoxious amount of box pulls with nothing but anger for the players. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    So who;s going to replace those VIP council members? My votes would go to @TyroneEastwood and @retirepujols .Theres 2 gone already, very fine gentlemen that I've had the privilege to know and play with. I really hope that the vast majority of players dont return next year, because with even with all "broken promises" and hope of beneficial changes it never happens to the degree that we see it benefit the users. Im not saying its been all bad, there have been some great additions and changes that were made along the way but the bottom line is it takes x10 amount to compete in this version and its simply not fair to people. If there was some sort of prize at the end of the year, maybe it would make more sense (5k prize for WR or someshit). But there's is literally nothing waiting for you at the end of 2020. As other have mentioned, their is literally no return on your money spent in this game. Its easy for the f2p and casual players to say well just dont spend and play for fun. This game feeds on peoples addictions and bad habits and that will never change.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Just adding to the above comment. I’m not asking them to give me an atg for 20k gold, even though it would be sweet. But why not a guranteed atg at 100k? 120k? Whatever it is, it’s something. 
    I've had 2 real bad chases this year so far. Wagner weekend took me for over 480k and didnt pull 1 ATG in all those boxes. (all 500 boxes). The second chase I wont even talk about it because it was almost double the amount and I walked away with nothing again. (I made enough lxp on repulls and FR boxes to last me the year)
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    I've had 2 real bad chases this year so far. Wagner weekend took me for over 480k and didnt pull 1 ATG in all those boxes. (all 500 boxes). The second chase I wont even talk about it because it was almost double the amount and I walked away with nothing again. (I made enough lxp on repulls and FR boxes to last me the year)
    Yep this is my point though, this stuff shouldn’t happen. Ever. I know my 263k, 200k, 175k, etc chases are nothing compared to some, but this is every week for me. By the time I pull anything Of note from the 500 box (my boxes cost 395 with sub and box discount now) I’ve spent what I could or barely have anything left to chase the really hard 250 box. But they do it because they can. Enough people chase(myself included) to allow them to keep doing it. Just not sustainable any longer and not any fun. 
    dkarski87 said:
    And unfortunately, those stories have become completely commonplace each and every weekend.  Watching people that spend 10 times what I do on this game continue to get screwed on a weekly basis makes it awfully easy to keep the few dollars I would be willing to spend on this game in my pocket.  

GLU continues to gut their own community 
    @dkarski87 love you brother.

I feel like @jalapenocubbies does on the team building and competing but with different results and expectations. I did build a nice team and didn't really have issues with box odds as I was an ATG magnet this year and mostly from free boxes but didn't see the "competition" factor any more so the whole team building was basically for nothing. WOH prizes are just useless unless you cycle 10-15 times for the LXP and the batter is a throwaway. H2H matches are dead unless you go on a 3rd party app and try to find a good match. The rest of the "competition" in the app? Get 10+ daily bonus players and just use FP to auto play an entire round all day. Yeah. Hard pass.

As I have said before the game has just evolved beyond my personal interest. Now I don't expect GLU to tailor the game to my needs and likes and I am not saying all the changes they have made are bad. They're just not what I used to like about the app when I got hooked on it so I'm out and 2021 will probably be just me installing to collect resources for the entire year just in case they make changes that would interest me to actually play again. Highly doubtful but we'll see. I'll still drop in on the forum once in a while though to check in on everyone.

@Houmy For me the team building has been the problem, ATGs are just not attainable. I suppose I would feel much different if I pulled them with ease. Hell even pulling foil legends with ease would go a long way. I’m not alone but watching a gold stash of 250k plus go to 0 in 15 min, is just a horrible feeling, especially when you don’t pull a single player who would crack your lineups.
    @jalapenocubbies I get you buddy. I would feel the same way too if I was chasing only to end up with players that as you said wouldn't even make your lineup. 

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    So who;s going to replace those VIP council members? My votes would go to @TyroneEastwood and @retirepujols .Theres 2 gone already, very fine gentlemen that I've had the privilege to know and play with. I really hope that the vast majority of players dont return next year, because with even with all "broken promises" and hope of beneficial changes it never happens to the degree that we see it benefit the users. Im not saying its been all bad, there have been some great additions and changes that were made along the way but the bottom line is it takes x10 amount to compete in this version and its simply not fair to people. If there was some sort of prize at the end of the year, maybe it would make more sense (5k prize for WR or someshit). But there's is literally nothing waiting for you at the end of 2020. As other have mentioned, their is literally no return on your money spent in this game. Its easy for the f2p and casual players to say well just dont spend and play for fun. This game feeds on peoples addictions and bad habits and that will never change.
    They are going after the addicted and raping them hard because they know they can. Sure, the meth dealer will say "Hey, dude you need to stop, you are ruining your life, Oh, and, uh, here's another for bump for $5 to get through tomorrow when you'll back". That's Unethical=GLU. Predatory.... I know the player has a choice to walk away or not but a business also has a choice to be ethical or unethical on it's business practices as well. Business should hold themselves to a high ethical standard and not prey on those that have addiction problems. Also GLU don't you think you all have cultural issues if you have people liking you guys to drug dealers?🤷 Just saying... If I were you I know if people were saying that about me I'd have to reconsider about how I conduct my business...don't cha think 🤔
    On the bright side though all my other apps seem to work so much faster now after uninstalling 🖖🏼

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    @dkarski87  

"Hey, just let android users auto tap instead of driving the app into the ground trying to stop them while they've already found a work around - all the while ios guys are able to glitch just about every aspect of the game as you seem to focus solely on how slow you can make androids. Also, what kind of assface is in charge of woh? Let me talk to that guy.. by the way, are you dickholes ever going to unfck the box odds? I mean, my God.." 

Those sorts of interrupting statements would probably make for the least enjoyable council they've ever had 🤣 although i would like to see Tyrones face.. I know that dudes built like a tank, he just HAS TO have an ugly mug. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I never said those things, who are you quoting?  is that Spoc84 coming out of the his rat hole?

– The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    I never said those things, who are you quoting?  is that Spoc84 coming out of the his rat hole?

Hmm seems i had a whole two sentences somehow cut off. Those were examples of the things I would say 🤷‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    dkarski87 said:

Lol I found spoc on another forum, btw. I'll have to pm you about that one 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    pujols it seems that you would represent us well
    2003cobra said:
    pujols it seems that you would represent us well
    You misspelled pujols*

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    My bad Houmy
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Just adding to the above comment. I’m not asking them to give me an atg for 20k gold, even though it would be sweet. But why not a guranteed atg at 100k? 120k? Whatever it is, it’s something. 
    I’d pay that for one because I think I’m the only player in my club without one despite having scored twice as many points as anyone else. Plainly they have no intention of going ving me an ATG otherwise. 
    Piglet1899 said: 
    I’d pay that for one because I think I’m the only player in my club without one despite having scored twice as many points as anyone else. Plainly they have no intention of going ving me an ATG otherwise. 
    Ehhh, your career stats show 19b points so your idea about being your clubs heavy bat or whatever is a complete non factor. Even if you put up real points it has nothing to do with box chasing. 
  • HereComesBreamHereComesBream Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    45 days since deleting the app, had to delete Line too so I could avoid getting sucked back in. Only thing I miss are the awesome clubmates along the way. Here's to hoping I don't chase that 2021 Canadian apk next month.
    edited January 2021
    45 days since deleting the app, had to delete Line too so I could avoid getting sucked back in. Only thing I miss are the awesome clubmates along the way. Here's to hoping I don't chase that 2021 Canadian apk next month.
    Great to hear my friend.  I'll let the boys know you said hello.
    Wow, I didn't even realize beta is already next month.. 
    I deleted Line as well. I’m still only at 24 hours but can honestly say, it was nice and not as hard as I thought, so far. I’m sure I will have my temptations still. 
    @HereComesBream I still remember that slide in your avatar like it was yesterday 🖖

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

Lol I found spoc on another forum, btw. I'll have to pm you about that one 
    Would you be referring to his cough cough "technical inquiry" on Game Genies forum?🙂
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I miss the game.. but I can’t find any motivation/interest in playing it. Gonna have to find other things to do until 21 drops. Only been logging on for cvc here and there. 
    Playing madden mobile here and there... so much potential for that game but it seems it lacks the community aspect or I haven’t found it yet 🤷🏻‍♂️. And no real use for the players you pull other than improving your team... no bonus players. To many sets and requirements to get players.. confusing.