The Video System Needs Serious Attention

TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
edited December 2020 in Bug Reports
Whatever is happening between the ad company and GLU is NOT working.

Users have been dealing with an inability to use BOTH video boosts for things like CVC and EB for MONTHS now.

the last two days we’ve added a significant new wrinkle to this that’s even worse.

Nearly 50% of the time I’m attempting to video boost a round of WOH...the vid starts, then stops halfway through.  The super fun part, the video boost button then disappears.  So now I’m left with the choice of paying gold for a boost...or playing the round unboosted 

this is AWFUL, and I’m completely baffled how this entire video mess hasn’t been addressed yet.

Example of video frozen and grey X indicating you are NOT getting the boost.

Comments

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited December 2020
    Video won't load....video won't load....video won't load....App Crash.  This is awful.

Any idea how this makes someone that dropped a bit of cash over the weekend on new X-Factors to be prepared for this event?  You think they are MORE or LESS likely to do so moving forward?
    New week.  Same BS

• [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    I understand the frustration you have, but short of doing a diagnostic on your specific device, I don't anticipate a fix coming anytime soon.  As you'll plainly state, you're not the only one with this issue.  I get that.  At the same time, our QA people haven't been able to consistently replicate what the issue is.

There are pages and pages of logic and information regarding testing of the various video issues happening, and there is no consistent pattern to code out the issue if it's actually on the Glu side. It could be due to a multitude of things to the device you use (you already know that despite our renewed focus to make the game better compatible with Android devices, it's still night and day to an Apple device), to the software you have installed, to Glu's backend, and TapJoy's.

I have no further update, and if/when I do, you'll hear from us because that's going to be a eureka moment.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    If it is so hard to fix, then just remove the “need” to play a video to get the ‘free’ boost. Offer the first boost free on button press or for 1 blue cash, and free boost resets / becomes available again on the timer like the current method. 

You don’t lose the advertising revenue as the videos aren’t working anyway.
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    I understand the frustration you have, but short of doing a diagnostic on your specific device, I don't anticipate a fix coming anytime soon.  As you'll plainly state, you're not the only one with this issue.  I get that.  At the same time, our QA people haven't been able to consistently replicate what the issue is.

There are pages and pages of logic and information regarding testing of the various video issues happening, and there is no consistent pattern to code out the issue if it's actually on the Glu side. It could be due to a multitude of things to the device you use (you already know that despite our renewed focus to make the game better compatible with Android devices, it's still night and day to an Apple device), to the software you have installed, to Glu's backend, and TapJoy's.

I have no further update, and if/when I do, you'll hear from us because that's going to be a eureka moment.
    I'll send you my phone, this is awful, the dudes that code for you must be cross-eyed, or 11 years old working in a thai sweatshop, have one of your genius bar dudes reach out to me and Ill show him via zoom (if you all can figure it out) just how horrid it is. I am in the same spot each day working from home, connected to google fiber with a great signal (as my access point is 33 1/4 inches from my phone) my internet is faster then the internet at glu hq I can guarandamntee that.  there's a bug in the api..does no one know how to debug code? I know 4th graders that can literally do it for you. this a is trash cop out excuse for poor glitchy programming, just admit you have ZERO CLUE and stop blaming the end users devices and wifi. Jesus Christ man if any company treated your issues like you all treat ours you'd be protesting in the streets about how unfair the world is and how they hurt your feelings. 

hallelujah Holy $hit...where's the tylenol.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    2020KC said:

I'll send you my phone, this is awful, the dudes that code for you must be cross-eyed, or 11 years old working in a thai sweatshop, have one of your genius bar dudes reach out to me and Ill show him via zoom (if you all can figure it out) just how horrid it is. I am in the same spot each day working from home, connected to google fiber with a great signal (as my access point is 33 1/4 inches from my phone) my internet is faster then the internet at glu hq I can guarandamntee that.  there's a bug in the api..does no one know how to debug code? I know 4th graders that can literally do it for you. this a is trash cop out excuse for poor glitchy programming, just admit you have ZERO CLUE and stop blaming the end users devices and wifi. Jesus Christ man if any company treated your issues like you all treat ours you'd be protesting in the streets about how unfair the world is and how they hurt your feelings. 

hallelujah Holy $hit...where's the tylenol.
    I have zero clue.  Then again, I'm just a Forum Admin. :-p

But yeah sure, insult people and use all the expletives you want.  I'm sure that'll get you your answers faster.  Sorry for providing color on your issue.
    is is this still a “device issue?”  When the option for a boost literally doesn’t even exist?  Doesn’t even show up when you start the round?

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    is is this still a “device issue?”  When the option for a boost literally doesn’t even exist?  Doesn’t even show up when you start the round?

According to GLU, that's an issue with our device or our WiFi. They make no mistakes when it comes to their coding that's my take from it. They half a$$ the programming and blame the deficiencies on the very people that enables every person from GLU to draw a paycheck. They are biting off the hand that feeds them. If you know it's an issue then come out and say it's an issue.  Fine you can't find the bug but don't act as if there isn't one when we all furnish countless screenshots of undeniable evidence of your all's screwups. It's called accountability but you guys pass the blame and always it's blaming us the customer.
    Mid-February and it's still a complete shit show.  Although to GLU's credit, today was a NEW one.  (Which was sort of super freaking exciting)

Doing a video boost for 5.9, the video finishes...and when it goes to the end screen for the video, it's zoomed in twice the size, including the X to complete it, and I can't actually click on it.  Have to close and restart the whole damn round over again.  Just a complete disaster that seems like there is no intention of fixing.  I'd actually be less insulted if you just admitted it and told us to piss off

At least I was able to grab the miracle screenshot CS is always insisting on
    GOT DAMMIT.  Why does this shit NEVER end????