Blatant Fraud: Every Damn Wednesday

TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
Before this starts, this is NOT a discussion of pulling a specific player in a box.  Let’s dispense with that now

So each of the last 4 Wednesday boxes have had 27.2% total chance at pulling ANY of the 5-star bonus guys 

I’ve been tracking these because I want to provide very clear evidence that GLU is either A) artificially manipulating pulls (I have my suspicions why this would be) or B) grossly mis-staying odds on the Wednesday boxes.

Three Weeks ago:  42 boxes straight without pulling a single player except for the pity time.  As discussed in Keek’s thread, the probability of this happening is .0012%

Two Weeks ago:  10 boxes....one player 

Last week:  Same odds at ANY player in Western Division Box.  Took 16 boxes in, just to pull one single player.  (exception of pity timer of course)

This week:  10 boxes...one player.

Over and over and over.  Again, there are only two possible explanations here, neither of them good.  But there has to be SOME level of accountability here.

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Did someone say rigged boxes?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited August 2020
    I knew early on this year something was off.. Box odds are not the same as in previous years. I always knew how many it would take or how much gold I would need within a certain range anyway. Typically I could just about always land the player with 30k.. this year one better have 200k and then still possibly not pull the player. 
    Some people are still in denial and chalk it up to bad luck. 🙃 I’ve opened enough boxes to know the difference. 
    I have over 200k gold at the moment and waiting on the first legend I like to be released. 
    That’s the new sad reality of this game. 200+k! 🙃🤣
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    whynot said:
    Did someone say rigged boxes?
    In the spirit of having an intellectually honest debate here, I haven’t noticed this with Monday or Friday boxes in the same way, outside of a couple known issues.  Which to their credit, GLU has actually accepted culpability for and issues refunds.

But the Wednesday boxes are F’d in half right now.  And I’m going to continue to compile the data on them until we have enough to say there exists no reasonable mathematical explanation for what we are seeing 
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    If you want the good pxp player from the weekend, stop logging in from Wednesday.  It’s odd, but it works 
    Bearmeat said:
    If you want the good pxp player from the weekend, stop logging in from Wednesday.  It’s odd, but it works 
    That’s difficult to do when you’re committing to locking up a .3 every week.

However, there in lies my suspicion on why we see what we do with Wednesday boxes.  GLU knows every big club is chasing the .3, and needs to land the bonus players to do it.  

Again, I’m simply going to compile data here and suggest others with similar suspicions do the same
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    That’s difficult to do when you’re committing to locking up a .3 every week.

However, there in lies my suspicion on why we see what we do with Wednesday boxes.  GLU knows every big club is chasing the .3, and needs to land the bonus players to do it.  

Again, I’m simply going to compile data here and suggest others with similar suspicions do the same
    And that’s why you’ll blow your wallet. The game heavily rewards inactivity to lure you in. This is why so many regulars have quit. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I've found that if you don't play the game, it doesn't rip you off. You also end up with hours of free time with idle hands.. buy some extra lotion. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    Let’s not forget to mention the great foil scam is back that was always fun 🙃
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I have the opposite luck.  I can't pull a goddamn thing on the weekends but Wednesdays are generally OK.
  • ESTXXLESTXXL Registered Users, Member 65 Posts

• ESTXXLESTXXL Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    Freebie achievement box. F2p gold squad got Bell. If I wanted him I wouldn't get close. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    There's all kind of anecdotal evidence that points to the mixed bag pulling a player is. I know of two people that spent a combined 323k gold and didn't get Bell yesterday. I also have a guy in our club that got him on second box, and another that spent 23k and got him. I personally spent around 20k to get him. Yet another that got him from the Judge homer gift. I have bigger issue with the 15k FR bxp guy being a 3 time guarantee as opposed to just two (55k gold potentially). And he is always the missing link for the super set and still just a 365 bxp player.

Honestly, the weekday boxes have been pretty bad as a whole until this week for some time. If you're in the business of accruing club points it sucks not being able to pull bonus players but I come from a team building perspective and wouldn't have wanted most of the weekday guys from last couple weeks anyway. It's also pretty easy to lay off boxes when you don't have the resources to cap every day. IDK, of all the things Glu does box odds don't top the list.

Final tally for 8/6-8/7 boxes:  3 Player Pulls in 17 boxes - 17.6% pull rate
    I guess it's time to bring this one back.  GLU's never ending cycle of **** people over in this game rolls on unabated, destroying the Tap Community in the process.

Last week I hit (4) straight pity timers in a row, before I (re)pulled another shit prime guy on the 8th box the 5th time through.  That's dodging ALL PLAYER pulls on 43 straight **** boxes.

The very next Wednesday we're doing this same bullshit.    3 pity timers in a row.  Why in the ever loving **** would you guys think people would continue spending money on this game when this shit is so clearly broken?

Does ANOTHER member of your VIP Council have to quit before you pay attention?
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    I deleted the app of both my devices early last week.  It’s funny how Glu doesn’t seem to notice or care about any of the real issues their customers have...yet they sure noticed that I haven’t logged in (spent money) though:

• Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Why would Wednesday be any different? Playing WOH just because I enjoy it but I’m still effectively on strike. Not spent any gold on boxes. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Did somebody say rigged boxes?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Did somebody say ri... oh it's already been said.  Carry on!
    Just no.