Options

Double gold

Comments

• Options
    babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    The videos were running smoothly for a week or so and then went downhill a few days ago for me.
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    The no more videos available message is getting rather old already. Not even 30 videos into my 500. I remember a time when videos ran smoothly and was a decent way to earn gold 
    It's a device issue.....

https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2020/discussion/5460855/the-video-system-needs-serious-attention#latest
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    The no more videos available message is getting rather old already. Not even 30 videos into my 500. I remember a time when videos ran smoothly and was a decent way to earn gold 
    Tap Sports Baseball 2003 was quite the time. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Back in 82' I could throw a pigskin a quarter mile...
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @TheFullMonte thanks for the laugh! I remember watching videos a few months ago and they were just fine but they were horrible for the 12 days of Christmas so I didn’t watch many     I still have the same phone and internet as when they were running fine but I’m sure that it’s something else that I’ve done wrong. @pujols I’m not old enough to remember 2003 
  • Options
    Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    Hasn’t been around quite that long. The first year I played was 2014. Wasn’t much to it at that time 
  • Options
    August 2014 is when it came out and that’s when I started playing. It was all prime and h2h game play. I found it rather enjoyable for as simple as it was but I was more addicted to TSB football 
  • Options
    Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    I played the football version too. Did they stop it?
  • Options
    4-5 years ago they did 
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Back in 82' I could throw a pigskin a quarter mile...
    This is the real double gold.  I stopped watching videos for gold back in 82', back when Uncle Rico could throw a football over them mountains.  Welp, back to the better game mode of hockey ultimate team!
    Just no.  
  • Options
    As a forum member and a regular player/spender in this game, I'll say that there is no more unproductive way of translating how you feel about the direction of this game by continuing to spend or watch vids. I'm not even sure why f2p guys waste their time on them. You guys that watch videos for gold daily are better candidates for diamond. When I see double gold, I see tilted odds. 3 years strong. same story. Same ending. 
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    A lot of restarts! TSB 14 you could run them until your battery was dead without even a pause between.
  • Options
    Cue the same old back and forth bullshit about people that don't want to go diamond and like videos and f videos, go diamond.  Talk about same story, same ending.
  • Options
    samtheman said:
    A lot of restarts! TSB 14 you could run them until your battery was dead without even a pause between.
    Now that doesn't sound half bad! 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    As a forum member and a regular player/spender in this game, I'll say that there is no more unproductive way of translating how you feel about the direction of this game by continuing to spend or watch vids. I'm not even sure why f2p guys waste their time on them. You guys that watch videos for gold daily are better candidates for diamond. When I see double gold, I see tilted odds. 3 years strong. same story. Same ending. 
    I agree with you that diamond would probably be more beneficial and efficient for me being F2P but the only problem is time. I just don't have and don't want to put the time into grinding through all those bonus games to cycle diamond. I don't particularly want to be controlled by a game like that. So watching videos, daily dingers, doing surveys during double gold, kinda works better for me. If the other way or another way works better for you fantastic. Your way of playing seems to work really well for you, keep doing you, but it doesn't mean it'll work for other people. Like spending thousands of dollars each week possibly even daily on this game is not for me but it maybe for someone else, more power to them, but I ain't hating on them. 
  • Options
    I agree with you that diamond would probably be more beneficial and efficient for me being F2P but the only problem is time. I just don't have and don't want to put the time into grinding through all those bonus games to cycle diamond. I don't particularly want to be controlled by a game like that. So watching videos, daily dingers, doing surveys during double gold, kinda works better for me. If the other way or another way works better for you fantastic. Your way of playing seems to work really well for you, keep doing you, but it doesn't mean it'll work for other people. Like spending thousands of dollars each week possibly even daily on this game is not for me but it maybe for someone else, more power to them, but I ain't hating on them. 
    All I really meant was that, if you're sitting around tapping a screen for videos/surveys, you could be tapping BGs. It's the same thing, just more profitable. No disrespect to anyone who does it, I just dont understand I guess. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    All I really meant was that, if you're sitting around tapping a screen for videos/surveys, you could be tapping BGs. It's the same thing, just more profitable. No disrespect to anyone who does it, I just dont understand I guess. 
    The main difference, that I see, is you can spam videos whenever you want (even just during double gold). Tapping bgs and tourneys for diamond, though, doesn't work too well if you just do it here and there. It's also more than just bgs and tourneys as boring woh becomes a bit of a necessity, at least sometimes, just to earn LXP. 

Edit: I'm sure watching videos all weekend and only having thirty minutes or an hour each weekday works better for these silver/gold guys than tapping bgs/tourneys all weekend and only playing thirty minutes to an hour each weekday as a diamond team. 
  • Options
    @CanadaCubs I would tend to agree with what you’re saying but in my case and maybe a lot of other guys I think that we are really only watching videos when it’s double gold-so 1 weekend a month? I’ve lived the diamond life and I spent way too much money and time feeling the need to keep up. I can’t imagine how you guys do it this year with new bonus players almost daily. I’ll stand down here with the peasants and look up to you diamond guys and still have no desire to go back to that lifestyle. I also get some satisfaction when I face clubs in cvc and my TS is much higher than a club that is full of diamond and platinum guys. I’d rather be at the top of the silver level than at the bottom of diamond. Keep tapping my friend! 
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    What else would you have to rant about? 🤣🤣👑🏅
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    No disrespect taken, it just boils down to time for me. I play here and there through the week but it's usually weekends that I play the most. During the week I usually burn through videos because it doesn't really take that much attention and I can also concentrate on other tasks. I gotta pay a little more attention to bonus games and tourneys.  I already feel somewhat beholden to this game, of course by choice, going diamond would be like signing my life away in a sense if I want to be half way good in diamond. I don't really want to give GLU more control of my life then what I already have. They don't deserve it.
  • Options
    My past life in diamond:
    play woh 10-11 hours everyday
    3-4 d6 cycles weekly 
    buy 1-2 field passes per week
    buy players when I was desperate to compete
    play extra season games and prime games
    stress out about not playing enough
    pressure to play more in bigger clubs 
    had to share cvc due to playing in competitive clubs
    Difficult and costly to level players-no ATGs leveled
    my life in silver:
    do 3 woh cycles or less if I pull the player
    Play 20 bgs or less per week-usually zero
    play zero tourneys
    watch double gold videos if they are working right which is rare
    level players when I feel like it-including ATGs
    no field pass
    win most of my cvc events to help build my team
    solo club so no pressure to play 
    only made a small purchase to stop ads

i have not worked since May due to a surgery(not the Bruce Jenner kind) and I still have had zero desire to give this company more time and/or money than what I am now. I’m sure that I’ve left something out but this is pretty much my experience at the 2 levels. 

• Options
    2003cobra said:
    My past life in diamond:
    3-4 d6 cycles weekly 
    my life in silver:
    play zero tourneys
    no field pass

i have not worked since May due to a surgery(not the Bruce Jenner kind) and I still have had zero desire to give this company more time and/or money than what I am now. I’m sure that I’ve left something out but this is pretty much my experience at the 2 levels. 

Loving the silver life 🙌🙌
  • Options
    whynot said:
    What else would you have to rant about? 🤣🤣👑🏅
    My ongoing list of grievances towards Pujols. Matt's lazy performances in the bedroom. The list goes on...
  • Options
    those things could keep you busy for quite a while 
  • Options
    My ongoing list of grievances towards Pujols. Matt's lazy performances in the bedroom. The list goes on...
    I have my own list?

• Options
    2003cobra said:
    My past life in diamond:
    3-4 d6 cycles weekly 
    my life in silver:
    play zero tourneys
    no field pass

What I'm hoping to achieve, but probably in gold. 
  • Options
    Gold works almost the same but I found in 2018 I struggled to gain enough resources. It might be different this year and I also know that I used my resources poorly on numerous occasions. 
  • Options
    trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    In reality, the time it takes to cycle D6 (playing 1,000 bonus games) is less profitable than watching double gold videos if you get 20 gold per video on DG weekends. It takes 2-3 days to cycle D6, which usually takes your total focus while doing, and in return you get 8,000 gold. It takes around 5-8 hours to watch 500 video ads (which you can do while doing other things), and in return you get 10,000 gold (if you get 20 gold per video). In one weekend you can get 30,000 gold if you watch ads each day. Diamond is actually less profitable than watching DG ads.
  • Options
    Who gets 20 gold per video?  2x gold is 5 * 2.
  • Options
    ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    Ten