Double gold

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I was doing a d6 cycle in 4 hours which is 8k gold. Some days I was doing 2 d6 cycles. The way that videos load there’s absolutely no way that I can watch 500 videos in 4 hours. Bgs are definitely a more profitable way to earn gold. I just don’t feel like doing it anymore 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    20 gold per video was nice. That was an exception to my argument. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Wow...what dreams are made of 20 gold per video. 10 gold during non double gold events please make it happen GLU,  please make it happen!!! #pipedream
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    In reality, the time it takes to cycle D6 (playing 1,000 bonus games) is less profitable than watching double gold videos if you get 20 gold per video on DG weekends. It takes 2-3 days to cycle D6, which usually takes your total focus while doing, and in return you get 8,000 gold. It takes around 5-8 hours to watch 500 video ads (which you can do while doing other things), and in return you get 10,000 gold (if you get 20 gold per video). In one weekend you can get 30,000 gold if you watch ads each day. Diamond is actually less profitable than watching DG ads.
    I would have to disagree. I can finish a bonus game or two while simply waiting for the next video to be ready, it's basically 8 gold per video (though gold is also a reward for winning bonus games about 1/4 of the time - so roughly another 1,000 gold per cycle) vs 5 gold per video outside of double gold/location trickery. 3-6 bonus game per minute depending on the device and internet speeds, versus 1-3 videos per minute? 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    In 19 I was getting about 5 games in a minute. In 20 I can’t even get 2 videos in a minute. I can barely stand watching videos for double gold and I don’t watch them if it’s double gold. 
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    I would have to disagree. I can finish a bonus game or two while simply waiting for the next video to be ready, it's basically 8 gold per video (though gold is also a reward for winning bonus games about 1/4 of the time - so roughly another 1,000 gold per cycle) vs 5 gold per video outside of double gold/location trickery. 3-6 bonus game per minute depending on the device and internet speeds, versus 1-3 videos per minute? 
    I have an Iphone 12 running high speed internet - it doesn't get faster than that... video ads take on average 10-19 seconds, so you can do 2-3 videos a minute, pressing the phone 3 times per video (start video, exit video, and collect gold) - which is 40-60 gold per minute during DG.

I just clocked how many bonus games per minute and I was able to do 4.5, and I had to press the phone god knows how many times for a total of 36 gold - my complete attention and focus was required to maintain that speed. After an hour or two - your thumb starts hurting and you ain't going to be clocking bonus games at that speed for much longer.

However, with video ads you can maintain the same pace for all 500 videos which takes about 4 leisurely hours or so (on my phone with my internet) and viola, 10,000 gold. Even if you manage to maintain a rate of 4.5 BG's per minute for the 222 minutes required for 1,000 BG's (which there is no way), and take a short break for a total of a 4 hour period, you still end up with only 8k gold and a huge cramp in your thumb - you won't be doing that again for another few days.

When you compare cycling D6 to video ads on DG (if you get 20 per video) over a weekend, there is no question who ends up with more gold. 

Also, you must be blessed by Glu, because I only get gold maybe 1 out of every 15 BG's.  Anyone else on this forum get gold 25% of the time for BG's? Don't stand up all at once...
    edited January 2021
    trojanman999 said: 
    I have an Iphone 12 running high speed internet - it doesn't get faster than that... video ads take on average 10-19 seconds, so you can do 2-3 videos a minute, pressing the phone 3 times per video (start video, exit video, and collect gold) - which is 40-60 gold per minute during DG.

I just clocked how many bonus games per minute and I was able to do 4.5, and I had to press the phone god knows how many times for a total of 36 gold - my complete attention and focus was required to maintain that speed. After an hour or two - your thumb starts hurting and you ain't going to be clocking bonus games at that speed for much longer.

However, with video ads you can maintain the same pace for all 500 videos which takes about 4 leisurely hours or so (on my phone with my internet) and viola, 10,000 gold. Even if you manage to maintain a rate of 4.5 BG's per minute for the 222 minutes required for 1,000 BG's (which there is no way), and take a short break for a total of a 4 hour period, you still end up with only 8k gold and a huge cramp in your thumb - you won't be doing that again for another few days.

When you compare cycling D6 to video ads on DG (if you get 20 per video) over a weekend, there is no question who ends up with more gold. 

Also, you must be blessed by Glu, because I only get gold maybe 1 out of every 15 BG's.  Anyone else on this forum get gold 25% of the time for BG's? Don't stand up all at once...
    Double gold is once in a blue moon, though. It isn't a more efficient way to build gold 🤷‍♂️ i just timed 5 bgs in a minute and 4 seconds on a Samsung with crappy internet- so I'm guessing you played those without fp? I wish I had that iPhone speed 🥴

Edit: while there are more taps for bgs, they are always in the same spot. After a while you don't even need to look at your phone, but with the different times in videos and the different spots the X can land, it requires more attention (for me). 

I'm not knocking videos, I just totally disagree that it's a more efficient way to build gold. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited January 2021

I fumbled those numbers. I said 1/4 of the time for 1,000 gold when I should have said 1/25th of the time for 1,000 gold. At least I was half right! 
    @trojanman999 would you please blow this forum up with details of these 20 gold videos? You keep saying that but how and when are you getting 20 gold? As a lowly silver player I could use any inside information that you can provide. On the rare occasion that it’s 10 gold per video you can earn 5000 gold in 24 hours. There are times when I did 2 d6 cycles in one day to earn 15k gold in a day(d6 cycles are 7500 gold in 19). Are you trying to convince us or yourself that you can earn more gold by watching videos instead of playing bgs? Also, I’m jealous of your video speed. It sounds like our games take the same amount of time to play but almost all of my videos are 30 seconds with a 15 second reload time so roughly 4 videos every 3 minutes. 
  • Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    Does anyone else have trouble with the Sophos Cybersecurity video? I find if you don’t press the exit button once the video is finished properly it will freeze and you wont’t get your gold reward.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Just want to chime in on the video for gold debate.  The idea of watching 500 videos in a day is as traumatic to me as watching another guys child be born!  My max is about 100 per day, and very leisurely during dg times.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard

Double gold is once in a blue moon, though. It isn't a more efficient way to build gold 🤷‍♂️ i just timed 5 bgs in a minute and 4 seconds on a Samsung with crappy internet- so I'm guessing you played those without fp? I wish I had that iPhone speed 🥴

Edit: while there are more taps for bgs, they are always in the same spot. After a while you don't even need to look at your phone, but with the different times in videos and the different spots the X can land, it requires more attention (for me). 

I'm not knocking videos, I just totally disagree that it's a more efficient way to build gold. 
    I have a current gold stock of 200,000 - which I was able to accumulate in December alone from a 5 day DG weekend plus the 12 days of christmas where Glu had double gold on (which got me 170k gold, with the remaining 30k from daily dinger/EB/club rewards) .... the only way you could make that much cycling D6 would be to do a 1,000 BG cycle every single day for an entire month straight, which is definitely not happening and would almost certainly result in carpel tunnel syndrome in your thumb. 

Also, you keep saying you get an extra 1,000 gold from BG winnings, that would mean getting gold 1 out of every 10 BG's... which is far from accurate. I just played 10 games and didn't get gold once, it took 27 games to get gold 1 time.
    How did you get 170k in just 17 days. Double gold nets you 5000 gold a day . Multiple that by 17 it gives you 85000 not 170000
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    The other thing that hasn't been mentioned is that BGs are a heavy hitter for club points. Club points can land you in top 4 spots for accolades,  club rewards, etc...  Generally speaking BG event days are 3-4 days of the week, so there's mucho gold on top of the cycle. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Grizzly99 said:
    How did you get 170k in just 17 days. Double gold nets you 5000 gold a day . Multiple that by 17 it gives you 85000 not 170000
    He gets 20 gold though. 10,000*17 = 170,000 or 85,000*2 = 170,000 🤷
    @trojanman999 How and when do you get 20 gold per video? I want in on this trick or cheat or hack. Whatever it’s called. 
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    We get 20 gold on iOS on DG weekend. I imagine we get more gold per advert than android because Apple don’t allow the huge offers that android users get. 
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    Yea iOS doesn’t get 20 gold per video only 10, so if you guys actually get that...you should probably keep it to yourself! Haha
    How about posting a SS? This iOS user gets 10. Are you saying that you get 10 for every video when it’s not double gold? 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    yea smart idea, post it on the forums so GLU see's it. lol. Honestly, its like people really dont have common sense anymore. When you dont get x2 gold for the next two months, dont ask why.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I may go diamond next weekend for the last few weeks of 2020. Working on building resources now to do it.

Being a farming machine, I'll be able to contribute something decent to this thread.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

edited January 2021
    Also, you keep saying you get an extra 1,000 gold from BG winnings, that would mean getting gold 1 out of every 10 BG's... which is far from accurate. I just played 10 games and didn't get gold once, it took 27 games to get gold 1 time.
    If I got 25 gold every 10 games out of 1,000 games, I would get 2,500 gold... I'm saying I get it every 25 games for a total of 40 times per 1,000 games. Which equals 1,000. Not sure what sort of math you're doing. 

Out of curiosity, why are your thumbs so frail for bgs? I earn over 10k gold per d6 cycle, which is easily done twice a day 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Edit: just in case you thought you were getting less gold from bonus games when doing your math:

edited January 2021
    Deleted.
    That was my thought Pujols. I’m sure that it’s not by accident that these guys get 10 gold every video and 20 on double gold. That being said it’s still way more profitable to cycle d6 as opposed to watching videos. You earn cash, draft picks and the all important evo. Not to mention how it affects club points which add up in accumulating resources for rankings, top tiers achieved, daily challenges and weekly club challenges. Plus the fact that videos are limited and bgs and tourneys are not. Maybe I should change all of my info on my phone to show that I live in the UK like when I change it to Canada to download the new season sooner 
    2003cobra said:
    That was my thought Pujols. I’m sure that it’s not by accident that these guys get 10 gold every video and 20 on double gold. That being said it’s still way more profitable to cycle d6 as opposed to watching videos. You earn cash, draft picks and the all important evo. Not to mention how it affects club points which add up in accumulating resources for rankings, top tiers achieved, daily challenges and weekly club challenges. Plus the fact that videos are limited and bgs and tourneys are not. Maybe I should change all of my info on my phone to show that I live in the UK like when I change it to Canada to download the new season sooner 
    Lol I wouldn't do that, and not looking to open up a whole can of worms on the forum. In any case, racking up gold from double gold videos is great for non diamond teams, and the troubles of diamond aren't worth the effort simply with the goal of earning gold. It is, however, still the bigger gold earner day in and day out.

With maximum effort, and earning the elusive 20 gold per video, the maximum of gold earned is 10k per day which can, and is, surpassed by cycling d6 (as I said - maximum effort). I remember some psychopaths doing 5 d6 cycles on iPhone during bg days last year.. I'm sure there are other psychopaths doing that still. 
    Don’t worry I’m not gonna change my info-but I did in the past. 5-6 bg cycles in a day is 24 hours of playing time. Step away from the phone you maniacs 
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    No sign of double gold. We’ve had just 2 days of DG in January so far. 
    No sign of double gold. We’ve had just 2 days of DG in January so far. 
    Why even both watching ads for gold, when we all know that Glu is going to screw everyone over anyway
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Double gold 👍🏻
    edited February 2021
    I watched about 430 videos yesterday so won’t get too many at double until the clock resets. I usually try to coordinate it every second weekend but that went out the door lol