Illegal Device

BryantMVP18BryantMVP18 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
I tried posting this yesterday, and was waiting approval before it posted. Still not showing, so I am trying this again. 

I know that this was addressed in a different post, but wanted to start a seperate post. So I logged in on Friday as usual, saw that the update was finally out for Android, so went to the Google Play Store and proceeded to update the game. As soon a it was finished updating, I tried getting into the game, and at 36%, it gave me the message "We've detected illegal device state." I know others have gotten this, and hard closing the app, did the trick, but I have not been able to get into the game all weekend. I messaged CS on Friday, got an initial response that they were investigating the issue, and that's it. Haven't heard from them since. Still can't get in or get a response. Club members have messaged CS for me as well. I've sent them about 10 messages now, since Friday and have gotten nothing. Is anyone else having this issue? Other players are getting responses and compensation, but I've gotten zero feedback. I've spent a lot of money on this game. Never complain about anything. Only use the one account on my phone. Never switched devices. Don't have any 3rd party programs. This is crazy that I am locked out for doing an update that was required in order to get the new features. I don't know what else to try, besides deleting the game and getting a refund. Anyone have any advice on what I could try? Thanks. 

Comments

• spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    Quote possible that something in the update just isn't compatible with your phone. Hard to tell with android, as they are all so different. I remember last year android was laggy for half the people for no apparent reason for like a month, unplayable. Seemed to be no consistency to why it was for some and not others.

Glu are amateurs. They have no idea how to fix it I'm sure . I am willing to bet they will just tell you your phone sucks and to get a new one. 
  • LondonBoyLondonBoy Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    I get this a lot too.  For me, it's when the phone switches between wifi networks. I have two at home and going from one to the other triggers that message. App closes and then restarts.  Bit tedious.
  • BryantMVP18BryantMVP18 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    So I know quite a few people still get this message. But they end up finding a work around. But what I'm stating is that I can't get on the game at all since Friday. 
  • GatorNick81GatorNick81 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    So I know quite a few people still get this message. But they end up finding a work around. But what I'm stating is that I can't get on the game at all since Friday. 

Same thing is happening to me. Did you ever get back on?
  • scostelloscostello Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    When I had this issue on my phone after an update it turned out to be that they added TeamViewer to there "illegal apps" list and my account got suspended.  Once I uninstalled TeamViewer I got right in.  Just my experience.
  • GatorNick81GatorNick81 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    scostello said:
    When I had this issue on my phone after an update it turned out to be that they added TeamViewer to there "illegal apps" list and my account got suspended.  Once I uninstalled TeamViewer I got right in.  Just my experience.

I wish mine were that easy. I don't have TeamViewer installed. factory reset my phone and disabled as many apps as I could. Still showing illegal device on my Galaxy s20 plus
  • Cardinals1975Cardinals1975 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I am having the same issue with my galaxy s20.  Gets to 37% and gives me the illegal device message.