Keepers

97lefty97lefty Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
Is there a list of the best
keepers for next season? Maybe one for WOH and another one for the other modes?

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Some are throwing out ideas but there is also almost 2 months left so there will be better options.   At this point only ATGS can be considered and even the first wave of those wont match up to the later ATGS and normal 600+ legends
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Way to soon to know. Other than if you have an ATG with skills you like that player will certainly be a top keeper.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Just take whomever you like the best (ATG preferred) and don't worry about the skills. We've all seen WOH changing so much this year that skills honestly didn't even matter at some point so if you base your decision on WOH alone then you'll likely be disappointed. I didn't personally even pay attention to skills or matching L/R batters and cycled with ease. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I prioritize players that can maximize my run production. I also like WoH too. This my list:

1)Cobb
    2)Mantle
    3)Yogi/Babe

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts

I also am huge on position value.   For example Yogi, being a catcher has a ton of value for me.   I kept him this year even though he wasnt the top skills/ratings but I would easily do it again.  Catcher is lots of times hard to fill and was happy to be able to use yogi there exclusively until legends dropped.   On the flip side you will get a ton of OFs through out the year and will likely easily fill those spots.   From 18/19 I kept 2 OFs and ran into that.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I prioritize players that can maximize my run production. I also like WoH too. This my list:

1)Cobb
    2)Mantle
    3)Yogi/Babe

Those are the only 4 I have. At this point tough to decide between 2) & 3) for my 2nd Keeper.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷

I also am huge on position value.   For example Yogi, being a catcher has a ton of value for me.   I kept him this year even though he wasnt the top skills/ratings but I would easily do it again.  Catcher is lots of times hard to fill and was happy to be able to use yogi there exclusively until legends dropped.   On the flip side you will get a ton of OFs through out the year and will likely easily fill those spots.   From 18/19 I kept 2 OFs and ran into that.
    Yeah, in the past I made ML a catcher. This year, I brought over Ferrell which also worked out nicely, making ML a SS, which is still being used, as I’ve not pulled even a Legend SS. So yes, positions you might want to consider.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited January 2021
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:

1)Cobb
    2)Mantle
    3)Yogi/Babe

Those are the only 4 I have. At this point tough to decide between 2) & 3) for my 2nd Keeper.
    Dang. You chose your luck well! lol
    I also want to add that keepers are HUGE early in the year. In particular, they're money for WoH. Before legends came into the mix, they were easily my best players. Fwiw, I had someone ask me about keepers this morning and as a comparison, the 550 'max' keepers are slightly worse than the this year's 535 'max' legends. 

edit: If you're not going diamond 'quick,' I'd only focus on WoH bats.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Thinking of keeping a closer over an SP this time, myself. As for bats I would give a better look at infielders with universal skills first, then outfielders with universal skills if need be. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    DFBB said:g
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:

1)Cobb
    2)Mantle
    3)Yogi/Babe

Dang. You chose your luck well! lol
    I also want to add that keepers are HUGE early in the year. In particular, they're money for WoH. Before legends came into the mix, they were easily my best players. Fwiw, I had someone ask me about keepers this morning and as a comparison, the 550 'max' keepers are slightly worse than the this year's 535 'max' legends. 

edit: If you're not going diamond 'quick,' I'd only focus on WoH bats.
    Yes, I got lucky, but did chase Babe & others fell into my lap. I do tend to focus more on Season mode early to gather resources. Fortunately, no decisions need to be made yet.
    Thinking of keeping a closer over an SP this time, myself. As for bats I would give a better look at infielders with universal skills first, then outfielders with universal skills if need be. 
    I’m entertaining a closer as well. Actually, just wining & dining, not a lot of actual entertaining 🍷
  • 97lefty97lefty Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    Appreciate all the responses. I have stayed gold all year and was able to pull Cobb,Williams,mantle and Schmidt. WOH is still may favorite but I do play them all.