Illegal Device State

RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
Anyone else get the message "We've detected an illegal device state"?   I am using a Pixel 5, I have absolutely nothing on the device.  I am as bare bones as you can get.  I am not jailbroken.  I have no third party apps?  The only thing different is I spent a whole lot more this week trying to get Babe Ruth.  I had terrible box pulls all week.  Maybe it is a blessing in disguise.  Is there anything I can do to get back in, I waited and retried over the last 2 hrs?

Comments

• baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    What a pain! Did you contact customer service through this site? It can be a long and painstaking process but they’ll eventually get it figured out. It’s happened to me.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    If it won't let you in to even start a CS ticket try the web CS ticket with the link below:

https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/mlb-tap-sports-baseball-2020/
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    Thanks, still trying to get in.  I guess I missed the VIP gifts.  This is crazy.  That should teach me a lesson on spending money on the app.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Thanks, still trying to get in.  I guess I missed the VIP gifts.  This is crazy.  That should teach me a lesson on spending money on the app.
    “should” being the keyword there...it applies to all of us, but most of us are hopelessly addicted 🤣
  • MNTony14MNTony14 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Hey, i had the same problem and a buddy saw someone post that the app for TeamViewer was causing issues.  I had it installed on my phone for work for quite some time.  I uninstalled it and the game opened right up.  Maybe this will help?  Good luck! 
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Samsung secure will also trigger that stupid device state issue. Whomever wrote their anti-hacking software (you know the Glu team isn't capable of something that level) obviously doesn't understand the many different versions of Android 
  • RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    Thanks @MNTony14 That was the app.  I have no idea why they would ban me from having Teamviewer on my phone.  I can't even image someone could use Teamviewer to "cheat" at the game.  They repeatedly responded through tech support that I was a cheater and doing illegal things they couldn't tell me about, ridiculous.  I am going to make one final plea to them to have the app on the allowed list, as I use Teamviewer to provide tech support for my company.  If not unfortunately they have done what I probably could have never done and forced me to quit. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited December 2020
    I would contact Google for clarification:

4.9 You will not engage in any activity with Google Play, including making Your Products available via Google Play, that interferes with, disrupts, damages, or accesses in an unauthorized manner the devices, servers, networks, or other properties or services of any third party including, but not limited to, Google or any Authorized Provider.

• scostelloscostello Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    I also had been locked out because of TeamViewer being installed on my device.  There must have been a recent update that added that app to the blacklist because I've had TeamViewer on my phone for years.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Phew!!!!  I too had team viewer on my phone but deleted a few months ago.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • GatorNick81GatorNick81 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    I have neither on my device and I still have the illegal device message. I've tried everything! Even factory restart of my phone. Glu refuses to help. Any other suggestions?
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I have neither on my device and I still have the illegal device message. I've tried everything! Even factory restart of my phone. Glu refuses to help. Any other suggestions?
    Have you tried at different locations? Sometimes a persons IP address can be jailed and they can only play on 4g/5g or on different networks (ie can't play at work, but can play at home).
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Have you tried at different locations? Sometimes a persons IP address can be jailed and they can only play on 4g/5g or on different networks (ie can't play at work, but can play at home).
    I have found that out too if I go into different stores, hotels, hospitals some WiFi connections will prompt that but as soon as I switch back to mobile data like @retirepujolssaid then I can access the game. Old Navy when my my wife shops in there for hours as it seems their WiFi will prompt that so I have to use mobile data but another store like Target their WiFi will be fine.... Happens more often than not I'm afraid...
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I have found that out too if I go into different stores, hotels, hospitals some WiFi connections will prompt that but as soon as I switch back to mobile data like @retirepujolssaid then I can access the game. Old Navy when my my wife shops in there for hours as it seems their WiFi will prompt that so I have to use mobile data but another store like Target their WiFi will be fine.... Happens more often than not I'm afraid...
    Semi related, but some networks also flat out block connections to game servers(usually work/school networks).
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Semi related, but some networks also flat out block connections to game servers(usually work/school networks).
    Walks into interview, checks to see if TSB failed to load up, tells prospecting employer to shove this job up his pujols. Then heads to closest Target Store to mash out some BGs...
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    DFBB said:
    Walks into interview, checks to see if TSB failed to load up, tells prospecting employer to shove this job up his pujols. Then heads to closest Target Store to mash out some BGs...
    {GLU} Most important, my addicted tappers, our game must work at your place of employment if not move on....

Hey, thanks for the help. I've tried at multiple locations with no luck. So far I have factory reset my phone. Gone through the Galaxy store as well as the Google Play Store and found updates on the day I was banned then uninstall those apps. Cleared my system cache multiple times. Uninstalled reinstalled the game....also emailed Glu 20 to 30 times and they keep responding the exact same way as if they couldn't care.

Hey, thanks for the help. I've tried at multiple locations with no luck. So far I have factory reset my phone. Gone through the Galaxy store as well as the Google Play Store and found updates on the day I was banned then uninstall those apps. Cleared my system cache multiple times. Uninstalled reinstalled the game....also emailed Glu 20 to 30 times and they keep responding the exact same way as if they couldn't care.
    Typical 🙄
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts

Are you trying to play in Samsung Secure? That gravy train dried up about 6 months ago 
    No not in Samsung secure. I entered safe mode and remove practically every app that was install by me. I haven't a clue at what they're looking at causing me to have an illegal device. My phone is as basic as Mr. Rogers.
  • bowhunter117bowhunter117 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I am having the same problem that started a couple of days ago. Have had this same phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) for 4 years. Haven't done anything different. Contacted GLU and they sent me a reply that my phone has something illegal on it and that their method of determining this is "proprietary". This is what they sent me for a reply:

Thanks for writing in.

I understand that you're having issues with your account.

Upon further review of your account, we've detected a third-party application installed or something installed on your device that is used for exploiting or altering game data.
    This game is designed for use on mobile devices running a factory-authorized version of their OS. It is not intended for rooted devices, or on emulators, or any intermediary hardware or software system.

We recommend uninstalling any third-party applications or changing devices that do not have any possible applications used for exploiting or manipulating game data.
    Please note that the detection methods are proprietary and not discussed publicly, for security reasons.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us by creating a new ticket so that we will be able to assist you on a higher priority basis.

Regards,
    John C.
    Glu Mobile Customer Care

Not much help as I still cant play the game and have no idea what they are talking about

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I am having the same problem that started a couple of days ago. Have had this same phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) for 4 years. Haven't done anything different. Contacted GLU and they sent me a reply that my phone has something illegal on it and that their method of determining this is "proprietary". This is what they sent me for a reply:

Thanks for writing in.

I understand that you're having issues with your account.

Upon further review of your account, we've detected a third-party application installed or something installed on your device that is used for exploiting or altering game data.
    This game is designed for use on mobile devices running a factory-authorized version of their OS. It is not intended for rooted devices, or on emulators, or any intermediary hardware or software system.

We recommend uninstalling any third-party applications or changing devices that do not have any possible applications used for exploiting or manipulating game data.
    Please note that the detection methods are proprietary and not discussed publicly, for security reasons.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us by creating a new ticket so that we will be able to assist you on a higher priority basis.

Regards,
    John C.
    Glu Mobile Customer Care

Not much help as I still cant play the game and have no idea what they are talking about

I'm not aware of a list of the apps that would trigger the illegal device error, but some popular ones include: game guardian(duh!), team viewer(recently added), and parallel space. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.