Global gift in memory of Hammerin' Hank

ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
edited January 2021 in General TSB Discussion
I got Griffey but no Hank. I'm hoping to hear about people pulling him. I think this was a really nice touch that Glu doing all this to honor him!! I maybe hard on Glu but when they do something right I'm always a person that will say a job well done too. 
Prev1

Comments

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Supposedly everyone will get a non-ATG 580 Hank this weekend.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I picked up Rollie. RIP Hank
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    Lucked out getting Scioscia !
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    No legend but pulled lance lynn, so after pulling Roberts from EB yesterday, I will have that bonus set active! 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Got Griffey and Rollie after spending 23k..
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Got Rollie in the first box and Mallex Smith... meh
    Just no.  
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Pulled Hank on my alt. 
    Lynn and Griffey on my main. 
  • Tater1974Tater1974 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Only pulled Tatis and Lynn prime. Oh well, maybe something this weekend. 
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    From the collections page
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    The global Hank gift...love the skills.... will be a extremely useful player through the end! Nice touch Glu 👍! 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I'll have to applaud the devs for the gifts, it's definitely an awesome little touch that they put together quickly. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Words you thought you’d never say - ‘Well done Glu’
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    I can't be the only one who opened the guaranteed Hank gift box and halfway expected to see 500 blue xp instead...
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Which version is better for WOH?  Seems they would both have issues. 
    My current OF and DH
    ATG Cobb
    ATG Ruth
    580 Edmonds
    565 Dusty Baker (MOB/HH)

This is on my alt and I really only play WOH with it and don’t have LXP to completely level either Hank right now. Would I be crazy to use neither?  The gift is awesome and I’m not at all trying to seem unappreciative. 
    edited January 2021
    Base15 said:
    My current OF and DH
    ATG Cobb
    ATG Ruth
    580 Edmonds
    565 Dusty Baker (MOB/HH)

This is on my alt and I really only play WOH with it and don’t have LXP to completely level either Hank right now. Would I be crazy to use neither?  The gift is awesome and I’m not at all trying to seem unappreciative. 
    ATG Hank all the way! Hot Hitter is my favorite skill and is active in every single game mode after a single hit. I don't know of any other skill that can be active in every mode against either lhp or rhp and turns on rather than off 😬 I'm sure some people don't like that it needs to be turned on, but my hot hitter guys have all wrecked and I've had plenty of them close woh for me. 

For WOH only, you don't need the best guys to win. Hank is, however, essentially a switch hitter for WOH and I believe can close the rest of the way no matter which hand is throwing the ball on 5.10. Toss a woh x factor on him and hammer away. 

Edit: plus, he's the new ATG so you can hop into a discount club this weekend to level him, and do the same next weekend to finish him 🤷‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited January 2021
    Base15 said:
    My current OF and DH
    ATG Cobb
    ATG Ruth
    580 Edmonds
    565 Dusty Baker (MOB/HH)

ATG Hank all the way! Hot Hitter is my favorite skill and is active in every single game mode after a single hit. I don't know of any other skill that can be active in every mode against either lhp or rhp and turns on rather than off 😬 I'm sure some people don't like that it needs to be turned on, but my hot hitter guys have all wrecked and I've had plenty of them close woh for me. 

For WOH only, you don't need the best guys to win. Hank is, however, essentially a switch hitter for WOH and I believe can close the rest of the way no matter which hand is throwing the ball on 5.10. Toss a woh x factor on him and hammer away. 

Edit: plus, he's the new ATG so you can hop into a discount club this weekend to level him, and do the same next weekend to finish him 🤷‍♂️
    As long as they stay level 1(and I don't see that changing soon), I don't think most will have to worry about WoH.

edit: For WoH, Cobb is the best and most efficient option vs rightys. Against leftys, Dusty isn't ideal, but he'll work.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    edited January 2021
    DFBB said:
    Base15 said:
    My current OF and DH
    ATG Cobb
    ATG Ruth
    580 Edmonds
    565 Dusty Baker (MOB/HH)

As long as they stay level 1(and I don't see that changing soon), I don't think most will have to worry about WoH.

edit: For WoH, Cobb is the best and most efficient option vs rightys. Against leftys, Dusty isn't ideal, but he'll work.
    Agreed, I use Cobb to close out righties exclusively. No one can match him. To close out against lefties I'm using Hammerin' Hank from the global gift now. I was using Piazza before.
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    Base15 said:
    My current OF and DH
    ATG Cobb
    ATG Ruth
    580 Edmonds
    565 Dusty Baker (MOB/HH)

If WOH is your only priority you certainly don’t NEED to level either version of Hank. But you should definitely save up lxp to level ATG Hank by the time the next bump comes. Dusty isn’t outdated yet but he will be soon enough. I would probably dump the global gift Hank.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Another thing to consider for guys who don't have an elite closer - on Monday I was unable to hit a HR off of Whitey Ford at 5.10, which means that unless Glu changes the starting situation to bases empty, gift Hank should be lights out in WOH (until the next bump) because his skills will always be active.
    My turn to poll the crowd: is the global gift Hank worth dumping resources into to replace 565 Reggie Jackson (vs. R, RISP)?
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    My turn to poll the crowd: is the global gift Hank worth dumping resources into to replace 565 Reggie Jackson (vs. R, RISP)?
    For me that would be a no. Others may have a different opinion but I’d rather have LHB with v RHP skill for general gameplay.
    KCTribe said:
    I'm always have been partial to double MoB. It's essentially like being a switch hitter. I see it that's it's  just as good as fire skill, that only you need one hit but also a walk or an error will activate the skill unlike fire skill something to keep in mind as well.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    I'm always have been partial to double MoB. It's essentially like being a switch hitter. I see it that's it's  just as good as fire skill, that only you need one hit but also a walk or an error will activate the skill unlike fire skill something to keep in mind as well.
    While part of this is true, remember MOB can deactivate during woh and other events. If you hit a home run based are clear so the skill deactivates. Whereas HH will stay on once you get the first hit. I like both skills a lot, I just give the slightest edge to HH. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    While part of this is true, remember MOB can deactivate during woh and other events. If you hit a home run based are clear so the skill deactivates. Whereas HH will stay on once you get the first hit. I like both skills a lot, I just give the slightest edge to HH. 

Yeah this was the fatal flaw to Kruk, Olerud and now Scioscia 2.0. Often with those guys they will hit homers early (before score is tied) clearing the bases and leaving yourself open to starting an AB with an unhittable strike. Whereas Judge, Molitor at 565 and now Wagner at 580 (both lhp/hh) though having only 1 skill +xfactor active at start of round will fare better once the first hit happens. I've not lost at 5.10 with either of those bats since Whitey was the pitcher again and have only made a couple outs there. 2xHH though has too much risk IMO and though better than 2xMoB will not be as consistent as HH +an always active skill, obviously.
    Thanks for the input guys. I think I’ll elect to keep 565 Reggie and not level the 2x MOB Hank. Just too marginal of an “upgrade” to waste the resources on. Great gift from Glu nonetheless but just doesn’t fill a hole for me.

I hate ALL of you saying MOB for the RUNNERS on base skill. Never seent y'all saying MISP instead of RISP 😭
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Those are all correct, terms I've heard announcers use in both situations.
    Those are all correct, terms I've heard announcers use in both situations.
    Well, sure. Same as runner(s) on and man/men on, but that doesn't change the fact that the skill in this game is solely labeled as Runners On Base 🤷🏻‍♂️
    What do you think @retirepujols? Should I level Hank or stick with my 565 Reggie Jackson with MISP? 😏