Global gift in memory of Hammerin' Hank

2Next

Comments

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts

I hate ALL of you saying MOB for the RUNNERS on base skill. Never seent y'all saying MISP instead of RISP 😭
    This discussion is closed
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    What do you think @retirepujols? Should I level Hank or stick with my 565 Reggie Jackson with MISP? 😏
    Lmfao 

I'd probably stick with Reggie unless you're rolling in the LXP's 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Those are all correct, terms I've heard announcers use in both situations.
    Well, sure. Same as runner(s) on and man/men on, but that doesn't change the fact that the skill in this game is solely labeled as Runners On Base 🤷🏻‍♂️

Fine. But also remember that at one point when they changed the images for skills that vs LHB/RHB for pitchers were represented with the inverse image of said skill so there is precedent, I would argue, that just because Glu says it's runners in scoring position doesn't necessarily mean it's ONLY runners in scoring position. If you want to be pedantic about it...
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    edited January 2021
    dustyhunks said: pedantic 
    I didn't know we were studying for the SAT with that vocabulary 
     Well you're in luck, the College Board has removed the optional essay and subject test reqs just this month. Should make reading these forums much easier for you.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited January 2021

Fine. But also remember that at one point when they changed the images for skills that vs LHB/RHB for pitchers were represented with the inverse image of said skill so there is precedent, I would argue, that just because Glu says it's runners in scoring position doesn't necessarily mean it's ONLY runners in scoring position. If you want to be pedantic about it...
    Nope. Not talking about general baseball terms, talking about a specific thing - the "runners on base" skill. Glu having messed up other skills in their game doesn't change the runners on base skill being called the runners on base skill. Saying men on base at a baseball game or dude on second while playing MLB the show has nothing to do with the runners on base skill in tap sports baseball being the runners on base skill in tap sports baseball.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Who’s on first?
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    I had a woman at first base and skill was active. Therefore, it can’t be man on base skill.