Any info would be greatly appreciated - Illegal Device/Temporary Ban

GatorNick81GatorNick81 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
Why am I getting both of these messages? It's been over 8 days now. I cannot get help from anyone who works at Glu. It's all Auto Reply BS replies in the middle of the night.  I've uninstalled any application that was updated on the day this happened in Google play and the Galaxy store. I've never had a 3rd party app on my device. I've never had a rooted or jail broken phone. I even factory reset my phone and still showing both messages. Crazy thing is the moment I do anything with an app like uninstalling or removing a permission I get the temporary ban message. That's any app I mess with on my device 🤯. All other times it tell me "Illegal Device." Just to be curious, I downloaded the 2019 version of this game and signed in under my account with no problems. What in the actual hell? I even sent them a video showing every app I had on my phone and asked if they would point it out. They did nothing.

Is it something to do with Android or Samsung in particular? I just want to know an answer.I guess at the end of the day the term VIP means absolutely nothing to these people.

Signed,

Loyal and now Extremely Frustrated VIP for over 4 years. 

Comments

• MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    My buddy has had this exact thing going on for like two weeks now.
  • GatorNick81GatorNick81 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Mulderken said:
    My buddy has had this exact thing going on for like two weeks now.
    It's disappointing. Mainly because I'm trying to seek out help in every way possible and I cannot get anybody from glu to assist me. Banned on 1/13
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Can’t tell you exactly but there are a few apps you can’t have in your phone. Team viewer is one of them. Also, sometimes certain WiFi’s won’t let you load the game but not sure it actually gives you the illegal device message. 
    Can’t tell you exactly but there are a few apps you can’t have in your phone. Team viewer is one of them. Also, sometimes certain WiFi’s won’t let you load the game but not sure it actually gives you the illegal device message. 
    No doubt. I factory reset my phone and disabled as many apps as I could that would let me. It's still giving me both messages. I just wonder why it's letting me log in the 2019 version but not 2020. I appreciate your comment
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    The WiFi one says something but don't quote me illegal proxies something along those lines
    edited January 2021
    The WiFi one says something but don't quote me illegal proxies something along those lines
    I tried it on Wi-Fi and network. Also tried it in 15 to 20 different locations throughout the city. I don't think it is Network related. If so it would be carrier related. I'm with T-Mobile
  • CthomCthom Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    They have some kind of detection on macro and tapping programs that can cause that message. Some accessibility seyings can trigger it falsely. They don't give a f.

Go to settings, then accessibility then installed services. If you have any that are on disable it and delete the program that was using it. See if that finds whatever they don't like.
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    If I were you, I’d take it as a blessing in disguise and call it quits. If Glu wants you back bad enough they’ll realize you haven’t logged in after a while and will finally take it upon themselves to fix your issue.
    KCTribe said:
    If I were you, I’d take it as a blessing in disguise and call it quits. If Glu wants you back bad enough they’ll realize you haven’t logged in after a while and will finally take it upon themselves to fix your issue.
    Can argue with that. I appreciate the imput
    Cthom said:
    They have some kind of detection on macro and tapping programs that can cause that message. Some accessibility seyings can trigger it falsely. They don't give a f.

Go to settings, then accessibility then installed services. If you have any that are on disable it and delete the program that was using it. See if that finds whatever they don't like.
    Cthom said:

I appreciate the tip... I went in and 5 were installed with 1 on. Turned it off but it did not work. It was a antivirus from McAfee
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Since you deleted everything and factory reset everything, I won't ask about third party apps. You mentioned Samsung, so I will ask about secure folder. You have it disabled/deleted, correct? These guys have somehow found a way to stop usage of a factory installed app 🙄 beyond that, I can only think to try and message @[Glu Sports] blueleopard " and hope for the best. 

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I have the secure folder enabled, but I've always had it enabled. I don't have the game installed through the secure folder if that makes sense.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I have the secure folder enabled, but I've always had it enabled. I don't have the game installed through the secure folder if that makes sense.
    I had to disable secure folder a few weeks back, and I've never used it either. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • CthomCthom Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    Go rate the game 1 star in Play and tell them why there.  They will contact you.  I actually battled with CS for a week when locked out, as soon as I flamed them on the game rating they resolved it.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Mirroring software, you know the same as airplay does on an iOS device, will get you the illegal status as well.