Options

WOH - Only Once a Day for You Sir!

scostelloscostello Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
Let me start of by saying I'm a F2P player who stupidly went to Diamond.  I play everyday and only have a team strength of like 170.  But this is what I've noticed about WOH over the past few months....

I can only cycle it once a day on the weekends (Monday I can usually get 2 and Thursday I almost never cycle).
  • Friday, I cycled on my very first try.  Then could not get past 5.8 for the rest of the day. 
  • The next morning I tried and cycled it on my 2nd try (should have been on my first but roped a fastball into a double play with tying runners on).  Then struggled to get past 5.7/5.8 again the rest of the day.  I think I got to 5.10 a couple times but failed.  I think it is killing me not having any good left handed hitters on my team.  I used the free Hank Aaron (with 2 ROB skills) for 5.8.
  • I happened to be up late Saturday night and like an anti-Cinderella story when the clock struck midnight I magically cycled my 3rd time with ease. 
Now to be completely transparent, I did cycle 3 more times on Sunday.  Once right after my 3rd cycle and then another 2 randomly throughout the day.
I find sometimes after I cycle I have to use my guys in a different order through L5.  A guy who easily beat 5.7 can no longer get close after I cycle.  It's like I used up all his magical powers or something LOL.

All in all I have fun trying to beat it as I LOVE a challenge.  Because of my Diamond Level team, I pretty much play the game to get resources to power up my WOH guys.  I'm learning as I go and in 2021 I'm not going past gold!  Though I will say it's nice being able to play 1000 bonus games and get 8000 gold when I need it.

Thanks for listening!

Comments

• Options
    sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I’m have a Diamond team and do not pay any money. I went Diamond last year as well and was glad I did. Because I can play all the game modes as much or as little as I want to. I have no problems cycling WOH most days. Occasionally I’ll run into bumps since I don’t always have the best players, but normally after a week I’m back to winning. Of course today may be one of those days if they change the format, so we will see.

If you like WOH and want to play it, then you have to build your team to beat it. This is especially true if you don’t pay real money to get all the latest players. WOH is all about the matchups. You have to focus on the skills and xfactors that are always on. You have to use your resources wisely to upgrade the players that help you in WOH. That means not upgrading every player every week and saving resources. 

I plan on going to Diamond next year too. But the mistake you probably made is going too quickly or not having the right bats to beat WOH at Diamond. As others have said, you need at least 3 top bats to beat WOH. If you start with that at the beginning, you will have top bats and those top bats will soon become secondary bats that win easily. And it just builds from there.

Playing for free at Diamond can be done. It all depends on what you want to do. Then you figure out how to do it. Then you hope they don’t change the game too much. 
  • Options
    JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Same chart as the one in the 'charts thread'. 5.6, 5.7, & 5.10 are LHP
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Today is stupid. D10 Cobb 20/20 skills with a 15 X factor is being curved out on 5.9. Four times in a row now.

As soon as I get the tying run at the plate, 9 and out. It really sucks.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

Today is stupid. D10 Cobb 20/20 skills with a 15 X factor is being curved out on 5.9. Four times in a row now.

As soon as I get the tying run at the plate, 9 and out. It really sucks.

what boost are you using for this?