Mega Tower at Diamond 1/25/21 - Game Still Curves You Out Consistently

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

First off, I want to thank everyone that has helped me along the past two years.  This game has been fun at times, and at times an expensive chore. I'm now in a GREAT club with a group of guys that have really helped me. Not to mention DFBB and Monte.

I recently went Diamond and am enjoying it so far. Today is my first day of Mega Tower at Diamond. Last week at Plat, I cycled it 10 times in about 7 hours of game play.

Today, so far, with ATGs capped out at D10. 20/20 skills, plus an Xfactor of at least 12 on each, I'm getting consistently curved out on 5.8 - 10. It really sucks. I'm two hours into this and I can't clear once. As soon as I get the tying run up to the plate, the curves start. All I can do is hope to get a chance.

5.8 has curved me out three times, 5.9 five times, and 5.10 four times.

5.10 has been much "nicer" because the curve outs are coming right away. First two times it was straight up 9 and out, and the last two (after video reboots) was once I got the tying run up to the plate.

GLU, I got to hand it to you. You made a fool out of me this year. You got a lot of my time and money, and proved all along what I've always thought.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Prev1

Comments

• xxHataxxxxHataxx Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    Is cycling MEGA at Platinum plausible?
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    I vid boost from 5.8 on just to be safe. Cleared 3 times already, no gold spent. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

So predictable now.
    Second cycle through, and these are the same patterns I saw at silver, gold, and plat.

If you are on 5.10, if you see a cheater in the first or second at bat, your round is over. Nothing you can do.

Once you get the tying run to the plate, like clockwork, another cheater (or two, or three) are coming.

I am now calling it. I am playing and I know if it's coming when it will come.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    I might not need it, but I video boost 5.8 and 80g boost 5.9/5.10 purely for efficiency's sake. Without the boost, I clear most of the time but do encounter similar stretches to you (D10 max skill Berra, Teddy, Schmidt)
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    I thought WoH got easier as you progressed tiers Gold > Plat > Diamond? is that backwards? 
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    edited January 2021
    fatDaddy said:
    I thought WoH got easier as you progressed tiers Gold > Plat > Diamond? is that backwards? 
    I have always heard that too. Maybe in theory it is or supposed to be, but when I moved to diamond from platinum last season, there wasn’t any noticeable difference. It was the same frustration at diamond as it was for gold and platinum.
  • DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
    fatDaddy said:
    Idk I stuck gold since F2P . All I ever heard when had trouble WoH go Diamond it’s so much easier , this seems to go against that??? 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited January 2021
    Simply being diamond won't change anything. You have to field a decent diamond team and pay attention to skills and upgrades and all of that jazz. I'm pretty convinced @drsmartassphd simply has some sort of troll switch turned on in his account. Chad probably watches him suffer..
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    DirectFX said:
    fatDaddy said:
    Idk I stuck gold since F2P . All I ever heard when had trouble WoH go Diamond it’s so much easier , this seems to go against that??? 
    It depends on what you mean by easier. Just because you move up to Diamond doesn't meant it magically gets easier. But when you get to Diamond and upgrade your players, the difference between your batters and the pitchers is much greater than it is at any other level. So you still have to upgrade your players, upgrade the skills, make sure they are always on, and use good upgrades. But when you do that, it's definitely easier than at the lower levels and you can get through faster. That's been my experience. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    DirectFX said:
    fatDaddy said:
    It depends on what you mean by easier. Just because you move up to Diamond doesn't meant it magically gets easier. But when you get to Diamond and upgrade your players, the difference between your batters and the pitchers is much greater than it is at any other level. So you still have to upgrade your players, upgrade the skills, make sure they are always on, and use good upgrades. But when you do that, it's definitely easier than at the lower levels and you can get through faster. That's been my experience. 
    I'll add to this... I'm a diamond team with a TS of 310k, and I consider that to be average/mediocre. But that is the level of team you should have at this point. I see many many diamond teams in the 150-225 range and wonder wtf they're doing
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    So you still have to upgrade your players, upgrade the skills, make sure they are always on, and use good upgrades. But when you do that, it's definitely easier than at the lower levels and you can get through faster. That's been my experience. 
    That's what I don't understand. My Cobb 20/20/15 at G10 and then P10 has never had a problem in WoH. From the description of how Diamond works in this thread, i'd expect his D10 version to have an even easier time. How is there a 6 paragraph OP about not being able to get through? 
    edited January 2021
    Because that’s what he does. He just complains every week that the game is too hard, it cheats him, and isn’t worth playing. But normally you see him say how he cycles 10 times or whatever he does. He just likes to complain. 

My 3 lefty closers are 520/20/20/6, 550/16/16/7, and 565/17/17/10. I only use a video boost for these guys and win about 90% of the time. 

My righty closers are ATG Schmidt and Wagner. Neither have always on skills, but Wagner is hot hitter so I get a hit and it’s on. Schmidt has runners on base and is good unless I hit a HR. I’ve had no issues with either of them.

I can only tell you my experience, but I also don’t traffic in the over dramatics. I just tell you how it works for me.
    edited January 2021
    fatDaddy said:
    sullipa8 said:
    So you still have to upgrade your players, upgrade the skills, make sure they are always on, and use good upgrades. But when you do that, it's definitely easier than at the lower levels and you can get through faster. That's been my experience. 
    That's what I don't understand. My Cobb 20/20/15 at G10 and then P10 has never had a problem in WoH. From the description of how Diamond works in this thread, i'd expect his D10 version to have an even easier time. How is there a 6 paragraph OP about not being able to get through? 
    Something is wrong with Docs game, or he enjoys a good troll. Should be able to cycle woh by just picking random guys and tapping the screen effortlessly to be completely honest. Using a d10 Cobb, 20/20 AND a woh boost? I haven't seen any evidence that a person would lose in that scenario 🤷🏻‍♂️ I simply do not relate to Docs WOH experiences, but I am at least interested in how these experiences can be so different. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

I cycled ten times yesterday at Diamond.

The point of the OP was to share the fact that your WoH experience is pretty much the same at Gold, Plat, and Diamond, if you are using top players with 20/20 skills and X factors.

Noticeable difference when you jump from Silver to gold.  After that, meh.

I have to say I am enjoying Diamond life so far, however.

That was for you, @sullipa8

Yesterday, when there is no frickery, I had three cycles below 30min a piece, but that was only 30% of the cycles.

And repull rates. Oh man. That was another lesson learned. Forget about capping a player at D10. Pulled him 4 times in 30 boxes. That's it. Out of the other 26 boxes, 24 were 2500 LxP.

• TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    It’s the same at gold and platinum. They key is to have the proper matchups (LHB vs RHP), your hit rating 2x the pitcher stuff rating and make sure to use skills that are always active. It’s likely that you need some gold boost or WOH boost for cycling on the MEGA tower. From there it’s a walk in the park.

Oh I have all that. My ratings are more than double when I start every round.

Here was the pattern yesterday for my first five cycles, when I finally got a chance to get through:

I would get to 5.10, use a 40 gold boost, then I would get to about 8-5 and the curve outs would start. As soon as the tying run was at the plate, curve outs until the game was over. I would use a video reboot, 40 gold again, and then I would see NO curveouts and fly through it.

My next five cycles after that, I decided to quit using gold on my first matchup with 5.10. First two times I saw the same pattern anyway. Then video reboot, 40 gold, no curve outs.

My last three cycles I saw NO curveouts then entire rounds, and finished them each around 25 minutes or so.

When I cycled ten times at plat the prior two weeks, I never saw that many curve outs on 5.10. I cycled my ten much quicker.

I also noticed yesterday that on 5.10, I couldn't hit homers any longer. I also couldn't hit any homers on 5.9 my first few cycles, then all of the sudden I started having a HR Derby on 5.8 and 5.9. .It stayed like that the rest of the day. Didn't get curved out again on 8 or 9.

Anyway, point of this is to share my experiences here. That's all.

This weekend on Royale, I was cycling at Diamond at about a 16-18 minute clip, which is what I would expect for a D10 lineup with that difficulty.

Either way, your return on resources at Diamond for WoH is obviously not what you would hope, which is why GLU is doing what they are doing now.

• babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    You've mentioned videos in the past but I've never seen them or links to them.  I think we'd all be interested in seeing these scenarios.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    You've mentioned videos in the past but I've never seen them or links to them.  I think we'd all be interested in seeing these scenarios.
    PLEASE don’t encourage videos.... I can just see him posting them, but not of him playing the game.  They will be him ranting about how bigly glu cheated him with trickery!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    bigly 
    Nice.
    whynot said:
    trickery!
    Frickery*
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts

Either way, your return on resources at Diamond for WoH is obviously not what you would hope, which is why GLU is doing what they are doing now.

I can’t really disagree with this comment more. Monday woh is a resource gold mine. I took Cabrera to g10 and complete my 10 cycles. With repulls I made plenty of lxp even after spending in Cabrera. I won’t argue the weekend royale woh and non mega tower leave a lot to be desired but just doing 10 cycles on a Monday is a guranteed 250k+ lxp and that’s assuming the worst possible luck. Repulls obviously help but for the cost, as long as you’re willing to put in the time Monday’s are worth the resources. I use 40 gold boost on 5.9 and 80 gold on 5.10. Probably don’t have to but I just do. Beyond that I don’t think I used anything but a few video restarts. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Still waiting on the hot wife pic...
    "If you can't beat them, report them"

I can’t really disagree with this comment more. Monday woh is a resource gold mine. I took Cabrera to g10 and complete my 10 cycles. With repulls I made plenty of lxp even after spending in Cabrera. I won’t argue the weekend royale woh and non mega tower leave a lot to be desired but just doing 10 cycles on a Monday is a guranteed 250k+ lxp and that’s assuming the worst possible luck. Repulls obviously help but for the cost, as long as you’re willing to put in the time Monday’s are worth the resources. I use 40 gold boost on 5.9 and 80 gold on 5.10. Probably don’t have to but I just do. Beyond that I don’t think I used anything but a few video restarts. 
    This is the whole reason I play WOH. The resources gained are critical. Yes, the cash sucked from you increased big time this year, but I’m happy trading blue cash for LXP as you won’t get that deal anywhere else. I did not upgrade Cabrera yesterday. I used @SandlotGuru chart and took him to S1 to max the resources I gained. Between the cycling rewards, event rewards, and the boxes, I gained over 400k LXP. I used all my LXP this weekend to upgrade Schmidt as well as Nettles using repulls for the latter as well. So I was down to around 20k LXP. After the weekend repulls, event rewards, and yesterday, I’m back up to 678k LXP. This is the real value of WOH. And yes, the luck of repulls plays into it. I actually didn’t get Nettles to D10 because I went 0-10 after getting him to D9. But I still gained a lot of LXP and I can use it for the new hotness whenever I get it.

Sorry, my comment earlier on resources for WoH was not stated correctly.

It IS a boon for resources. I was referring to trying to cap a WoH player at Diamond as opposed to other levels. If you really want the player, you need to get them to like D4 or D5 if you plan to cycle ten times on Mega. You will be lucky to get 3-4 repulls in 30 boxes. I don't care what the odds say. With that, it can be a net negative if you don't get what is needed.

Smart thing to do is what @sullipa8 says above if you are at diamond: Just take the player to S5 and go from there. Keep your hopes low on repulls.

I did well yesterday on resources, no doubt. But you do need a ton more at diamond, obviously.

Either way, still enjoying Diamond. Glad I tried it.

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I take them to g10 if I’m planning on playing. That gives you 30 boxes. With 3 repulls and the. Ultimately trading him in you gain lxp (this is assuming FP was bought). Without FP you’d need 5 repulls. Either way leveling him, getting repulls or just taking the lxp from boxes and cycles awards it’s a net gain for lxp if you do it correctly. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I did G10 yesterday and ended playing alot more then I thought.   Did 18 cycles and went 17/52 on pulls which left him at D5.   Granted thats as lucky as ive ever been on WOH pulls but it banked me a bunch of lxp.
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    I did G10 yesterday and ended playing alot more then I thought.   Did 18 cycles and went 17/52 on pulls which left him at D5.   Granted thats as lucky as ive ever been on WOH pulls but it banked me a bunch of lxp.
    I feel for you, doing 17 cycles yesterday. I’m torn between respect and disgust 🤣🤣
    I feel for you, doing 17 cycles yesterday. I’m torn between respect and disgust 🤣🤣
    lol was battling for event placing othewise i wouldnt have  :#

Nice. That's 54 boxes, BTW, unless you cycled twice on the one box tier.

Either way, had I not had my death window right out of the gate, I likely would have gotten at least 15 in.

Nice. That's 54 boxes, BTW, unless you cycled twice on the one box tier.

Either way, had I not had my death window right out of the gate, I likely would have gotten at least 15 in.

you are correct, math skills must have faded with all that woh
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Since the 22.5% WOH boxes were released I've gone 136 for 606, which is 22.4%.  I've had some amazing days, some terrible ones and more infuriating than anything, when trying to box cap a player my pull rate has been 20.1% vs 24.6% when I'm not.  It all comes out in the wash - I believe in the stated odds.