Up Coming Monday Walk Off

slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
Whats everyone's thoughts about the tower being unlocked? I like it because now i dont have to cycle three times for the player to unlock it unless i get lucky and pull them on the first cycle.

Comments

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I’m glad it will be unlocked. The fact I had to go through the 3rd tower 3 times killed my chances of getting through the mega 10 times. That wasn’t always the case, but it was on several Mondays. I don’t always have time to go through all 10 times, so saving about an hour by not having to cycle 3 times on the 3rd tower will be nice. 

I’ll also add, if I want to guarantee I get the player, then I can just go cycle the 3rd tower 3 times. It’s just now it’s my choice and not a requirement. 
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Can’t wait for the ‘Surprise’. The game working without crashes or other glitches?

In other news, the nurse has just arrived with my meds. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    This trick or two up their sleeves just screams of half the user base being jailed, points being calculated incorrectly, field pass not working, phones blowing up, etc. Hopes are high, but I don't think I even have expectations. It'll be hard to disappoint me, but that's never stopped these gents before. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I mean, this is how it was every year before 2020.

Either way, as with any "surprise" from GLU, I'm cautiously pessimistic.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Safe bet would be that the surprise is that you’re down by 30 at 5.10
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Yeah curious about this surprise. Kinda makes me excited for Monday. I would hope its a 580 player.
    Yeah curious about this surprise. Kinda makes me excited for Monday. I would hope its a 580 player.
    That would be nice. Having to beat a 666 overall Satan with an arm of 12,000 tossing spitballs with the strike zone reaching the parking lot would suck, though. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    Any guess on what they will break coming Monday?
    We are all beta testers
    Any guess on what they will break coming Monday?
    Spirits. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    I’m glad it will be unlocked. The fact I had to go through the 3rd tower 3 times killed my chances of getting through the mega 10 times. That wasn’t always the case, but it was on several Mondays. I don’t always have time to go through all 10 times, so saving about an hour by not having to cycle 3 times on the 3rd tower will be nice. 

Just the mental relief of saving yourself 3 cycles is nice, agreed.   When you whiff on the 2nd trip of the normal tower, it often puts a damper on the rest of the day lol.   
  • RollieFingersRollieFingers Registered Users, Member 129 Posts
    Anybody wanna wager the surprise is the tower is locked in Monday 😂 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    The surprise will be an extra 10 levels added since it will be unlocked for all to feast on.  The twist will be at level 15.10 you're just facing a hug it out sticker, but possibly the Acuna fireball sticker... maybe both!
    Just no.  
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    50% repull rate would be the absolute least they could do at this point in the season.  But honestly, I'm expecting something to break on their end. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    I’m actually thinking it’s unlocked cause the reward is a pitcher. Nope that can’t be it, nobody will be able to play it for the first 2 hours while they fix it is more likely. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    have we found the tricks yet?
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    have we found the tricks yet?
    Ya... spend more resources, and you'll be rewarded with lesser resources. There's no treats either
    "If you can't beat them, report them"

Yep, I've been duped.

D10 Cobb, 20/20 skills with a 15 XFactor has been curved out on 5.9 four straight times.

As soon as the tying run is at the plate, no matter the situation, 9 and out. Game over.

I can't believe I did this.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Yep, I've been duped.

D10 Cobb, 20/20 skills with a 15 XFactor has been curved out on 5.9 four straight times.

As soon as the tying run is at the plate, no matter the situation, 9 and out. Game over.

Have you tried going Emerald? 

I kid. I can't imagine this being a regular occurrence, is it? Probably more of a one-off? I haven't touched any woh today, so not sure if the difficulty is ramped up or whatever. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @drsmartassphd I would tend to agree with @retirepujols that surely it was a one off more than the norm. The part I can 100% agree with though is the tying run part. Whitey was dealing his heater all day until I got there. Then it was lollipop city. I don't get the rng magic when the skillset is still always on from first pitch to end of round but so be it. I KNOW my top righty bat is not where it needs to be for the mega but still found it comical that in three tries it was the same pitching to end the round versus start it. Oh well.... it's been beaten and got my Cabby so back to the main tower that is better for my roster.
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    edited January 2021

Yep, I've been duped.

That’s absurd that the highest rated player in the game should lose especially with him
     having capped skills and a 15 WOH x-Factor. My Ted Williams and Honus still lose way too much for my liking despite having skills capped and a 13 WOH x-factor. When you put in that much resources into a player, you should reap the benefits that come with it.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

Yep, I've been duped.

That’s absurd that the highest rated player in the game should lose especially with him
     having capped skills and a 15 WOH x-Factor. My Ted Williams and Honus still lose way too much for my liking despite having skills capped and a 13 WOH x-factor. When you put in that much resources into a player, you should reap the benefits that come with it.
    Couldn’t agree more.  It’s the ultimate kick in the sack when you drop gobs of gold and cash to get a player, spend all your resources to level him, and then it doesn’t make a lick of difference come Monday

It’s the most horrific business decision imaginable for GLU.  Why in the world would players drop all this cash and gold to acquire specific players now?
    Fwiw I used yogi on 5.9 with a bonus game x factor and no boost - he ran through it with no issues and no outs. Even hit two homers to leave him one skilled 🤷🏻‍♂️ pulled Cabrera from one of the boxes (this was my first cycle), so I might just stop. Play that extra EB later and call it a day. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    One thing that hasn’t been mentioned is where are the 4 team hitting skills? That can definitely make a difference. 
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    I really appreciated Glu’s surprise. A tower that was going to be available 7 hours into the game and 3 hours after I got the player needed to unlock it. Another kick in the nads for those of us in Europe to go with reward collection times and disappearing boxes. 

My team and club are awesome. Having the best few weeks I've had with the game in a while, but yesterday was a lesson learned for sure.

Like everyone else at diamond, getting that team there cost a lot of time and money. Five ATGs at D10 by the end of the week, all with 20/20 skills plus several 580 guys and I still saw the same patterns in GLU's top event.

Not smart, but at this point, I get it. It is a business. They are here to take our money.

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts

My team and club are awesome. Having the best few weeks I've had with the game in a while, but yesterday was a lesson learned for sure.

Like everyone else at diamond, getting that team there cost a lot of time and money. Five ATGs at D10 by the end of the week, all with 20/20 skills plus several 580 guys and I still saw the same patterns in GLU's top event.

Not smart, but at this point, I get it. It is a business. They are here to take our money.

🤯 Is that how it works... A great epiphany has just occurred 🙄
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Same chart
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited February 2021
    JCAM80 said:
    Same chart
    All LHP on level 5 of super tower @JCAM80 ?

or LHP on 6-7-10?

my brain is mush and I can’t remember which is which at this point.
  • EamusCatuliEamusCatuli Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    Same chart
    All LHP on level 5 of super tower @JCAM80 ?

or LHP on 6-7-10?

my brain is mush and I can’t remember which is which at this point.
    Yeah, I don't know what's super, mega, grand, ultra or what but the Groundhog tower is: LHP on 6,7,10.