Glu Dev Team Right On Top of Things

tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
To me, this is freaking hysterical. Do they really have no clue? Yogi as fast as Cobb? Babe, right behind? I guess their decision making is built into the stats. I can hear Yogi now, “I could steal if I wanted to and beat your record but the future ain’t what it used to be”. Realistic stats would be nice, but c’mon, Cobb THIS SLOW? Just an observation.

Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    In years past, there was a difference between many players, some had speed, more hit, more power, etc.. This year every player is basically the same, minus 1 or 2 pts between the 3 attributes. Basically, change the name and picture and release the exact same player every event. Go look at the stats from last year and compare various players, you notice a difference between many of them, not this year.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    In years past, there was a difference between many players, some had speed, more hit, more power, etc.. This year every player is basically the same, minus 1 or 2 pts between the 3 attributes. Basically, change the name and picture and release the exact same player every event. Go look at the stats from last year and compare various players, you notice a difference between many of them, not this year.
    Yes, I’ve thought the same thing. COVID, working from home, throwing crap out for us to beta test......yup, I agree
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    With every bump, the new players mainly just had higher speed for the first two boxes or so lol.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Honestly, It was more fun last year because certain players were more desirable to chase. This year every single player is identical in stats, its pretty sad the amount or therefore lack went into many aspects of the game this year. Is what it is, people still spending so they don't care.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I play regularly,  but I dont realistically see this game moving forward. Far too many other options in mobile gaming. Not to mention the inevitable economic landslide that's about to take place.
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Anybody else notice a common theme amongst us tappers?  I’m not a glu fan but we always complain this year sucks and last year was better.  Just remember next year you will wish you were still playing 2020.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Nope, I will continue to desire 2018. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I think coupled with the fact everyone is the same, they release so many players you just keep chasing replacements who are no better. In a 10 day stretch we had 4 new legend 1B. Will Clark, miggy Cabrera, Pedro Guerrero, and Giambi. This is a regular problem that’s just the most recent time. The only solution is to release less players but that won’t happen. 
    edited January 2021
    whynot said:
    Anybody else notice a common theme amongst us tappers?  I’m not a glu fan but we always complain this year sucks and last year was better.  Just remember next year you will wish you were still playing 2020.
    Nope, last year sucked immensely, but Glu exceeded that sucking. No doubt about it, in my mind, ‘18 was tops. ‘19 big letdown, ‘20 a failure.

***edit*** but I did get 5 ATG’s so far, much better than before. Oh wait, damn I had to spend more to level them. Well played Glu, silly me.
    Deleted
    I think coupled with the fact everyone is the same, they release so many players you just keep chasing replacements who are no better. In a 10 day stretch we had 4 new legend 1B. Will Clark, miggy Cabrera, Pedro Guerrero, and Giambi. This is a regular problem that’s just the most recent time. The only solution is to release less players but that won’t happen. 
    That's pretty dang good for the casual players that like to build a solid team. 4 shots at good first basemen 🤣 bound to pull one of those suckers! 

The million bonus players per event blows, but that's the name of the game - score points 🤷‍♂️ with a mostly ATG lineup, and little care to chase points, I kind of never need to open any of these boxes anymore and that sorta sucks. 

It is what it is, but it would be nice to see some sort of variety at least. Perhaps some variance in hit and power ratings, some more creative skill combinations, a higher overall for the foil legends (why are they even foil if there's not a thing special about them??), or something different 🤷‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    That's pretty dang good for the casual players that like to build a solid team. 4 shots at good first basemen 🤣 bound to pull one of those suckers! 

The million bonus players per event blows, but that's the name of the game - score points 🤷‍♂️ with a mostly ATG lineup, and little care to chase points, I kind of never need to open any of these boxes anymore and that sorta sucks. 

It is what it is, but it would be nice to see some sort of variety at least. Perhaps some variance in hit and power ratings, some more creative skill combinations, a higher overall for the foil legends (why are they even foil if there's not a thing special about them??), or something different 🤷‍♂️
    Or you can just chase and level all of them because you’re a hoe for new shiny things.  Or so I’ve heard...

I think the problem you’d run into here is people would complain about getting the “worse” of the legends then. People will be mad if they pull the legend who has a hit rating 10 points lower than the other etc. one thing I’m happy about this year is the legends are all the same overall rating. Nothing worse than pulling 560 legends when 580 are out. For me, as I’ve said before so many bonus players and bonus sets have been the death of the appeal of the game and the substantially increased cost. But trying to get them to stop is cutting Into their biggest revenue driver so it’s not going to happen. I miss the days of pulling a legend or 2 and just playing for points and not needing 6 other guys to complete sets. 
    I know, it's just meh. I see the only difference between foils and non foils now, the foils score a few extra points. Larkin is in 2 sets, and Lofton only one. 180k per hit vs 150k per hit.. I guess that's something
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    IIRC, this trend actually started in '19. In '18, there was a bit of variety, but as @jalapenocubbies referenced, people would get very angry when they had the 'lessor' 500 max, etc.
    For those that don't already know, only the initial base cards(released to start the year) will have stats that reflect actual real life performance. All the specialty cards that are subsequently released will NOT be indicative of actual real life performance. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:to
    IIRC, this trend actually started in '19. In '18, there was a bit of variety, but as @jalapenocubbies referenced, people would get very angry when they had the 'lessor' 500 max, etc.
    For those that don't already know, only the initial base cards(released to start the year) will have stats that reflect actual real life performance. All the specialty cards that are subsequently released will NOT be indicative of actual real life performance. 
    Interesting. Is there a reason that real life performance is ignored with new releases? Seems lazy to me. Realism doesn’t matter? 🤷‍♂️
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Interesting. Is there a reason that real life performance is ignored with new releases? Seems lazy to me. Realism doesn’t matter? 🤷‍♂️
    It's always been this way, but my if real life performance were factored in, many players would be much worse and there would be new set of complaints. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    tshea510 said:
    Realism doesn’t matter because of the limitations in a game. Take someone like Ozzie smith. He wasn’t a good offensive player. He’s mostly a HOF because his defense. Would you chase a “legend” who had a horrible hit rating, no power and a lot of speed? The answer is No. they have to make the player’s appealing. It’s not lazy, it’s a business decision. I can understand some variety but if it’s gets too extreme you will see way more complaints about pulling a legend who has terrible base stats. 
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    @tshea510 - IMO this is driven by the limitations of the game design.  For batters there's really only one relevant rating - hit.  The other two are meaningless - in theory power comes into play in bash and HR battles, but the reality is that with the 615 foot HR cap, higher power guys don't have any value.  If they removed the distance cap, then maybe players would chase power guys a bit more.  Speed rating really should be cut out of the game, unless they add a new Stolen Base Hero mode, or something like that.  So we as consumers are forcing Glu's hand by saying that we only value one batter design - high hit, medium-high power and minimal speed, because that's what produces the best in-game results.  Pitchers are exactly the the same - we want high stuff, medium-high arm and minimal control.  All that to say - Glu should re-engineer the game mechanics to make the other ratings relevant - until then, I'm not chasing a life-like Joey Gallo with a hit rating of 1.