TSB 2021

Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
Will GLU let us know when the beta version of TSB 2021 is out and ready for download in the news inbox?
Prev13

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Grizzly99 said:
    Will GLU let us know when the beta version of TSB 2021 is out and ready for download in the news inbox?
    I don't recall emails/notifications, but I'm certain there will be threads here.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    Ok thanks. I’m assuming it will be ready in the next month or so
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    late February is typically when it drops
    late February is typically when it drops

DFBB said:
    Grizzly99 said:
    I don't recall emails/notifications, but I'm certain there will be threads here.
    That’s what I’m thinking
  • blueurmyboyblueurmyboy Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    Do you lose everything once 2021 comes out? Is there anything that carries over? 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    You get to bring 3 keepers with you. 2 hitters and 1 pitcher. 
    edited January 2021
    Thanks Cobra. Those three players start from bronze again? 
    I expect all gold, XP, etc go to zero?
    Yes they start at bronze and all of your resources get wiped out. In about a month there will be many threads about keepers to take to 21 and a ton of great conversation and strategy about the upcoming season. So keep checking back and all of your questions will be answered. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Only if they can't figure out a tier lower than bronze that they can get away with 🤷‍♂️
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Houmy I’m sure that is in the works 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Aluminum 🤔
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    That should be a step above tin foil right?
    Awesome info, thx guys. Will keep looking around this joint to see what's coming. 
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD 21!! Glu will just come up with even more ways to screw the players
    Does it make any difference what the overall rating is for your keepers from 2020. My keepers are all capped with full skills. I’m at Platinum. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Do you lose everything once 2021 comes out? Is there anything that carries over? 
    Entering:

'18=nothing carried over other than VIP status
    '19=keepers(2 bats, 1 pitcher) + VIP status
    '20=AS level(and the ability to recollect up to your level) + keepers + VIP status
    '21=?

There have been talks and discussions about expanded keepers as well as stadium progress, but nothing is official. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Only if they can't figure out a tier lower than bronze that they can get away with 🤷‍♂️
    New Tier for 2021 - Dirt

you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I would anticipate some extra “goodies” involved in any sort of carryover to next season. All star tickets are far an away the best carryover. For me the biggest thing is going to be other changes. If it’s the same format as this year, which I assume it will be, it won’t be sustainable for me. Having already stepped back a lot starting a few weeks back. The thought of chasing 14-15 players every week, new boxes every day, with no real gurantee besides some low level player, I’m not sure I can do that again. With an overhaul to fan rewards and pity timer I could be on board though. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    2020KC said:
    Houmy said:
    New Tier for 2021 - Dirt

I was going to say crap but we will go with yours
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I would anticipate some extra “goodies” involved in any sort of carryover to next season. All star tickets are far an away the best carryover. For me the biggest thing is going to be other changes. If it’s the same format as this year, which I assume it will be, it won’t be sustainable for me. Having already stepped back a lot starting a few weeks back. The thought of chasing 14-15 players every week, new boxes every day, with no real gurantee besides some low level player, I’m not sure I can do that again. With an overhaul to fan rewards and pity timer I could be on board though. 
    The pity timer revision needs to be a major focus.  I’m not sure I’ve seen anything more strongly correlated to people quitting this game than dropping hundreds, possibly thousands of dollars and resources they’ve worked weeks and weeks to compile and be completely unable to land a player they’re after.  And the kick in the balls is it’s often chasing a particular player that you don’t even want, simply to complete a set for club points.  It’s snowballed in a hurry, and caused more people to quit than anything else I’ve seen 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    dropping hundreds, possibly thousands of dollars and resources they’ve worked weeks and weeks to compile and be completely unable to land a player they’re after.   
    Personal responsibility and accountability needs to be mentioned, but I've been here and it absolutely sucks. Just the absolute worst feeling.

And the kick in the balls is it’s often chasing a particular player that you don’t even want, simply to complete a set for club points. 
    I do not relate to this, though. That's just dumb imo 😂 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    dropping hundreds, possibly thousands of dollars and resources they’ve worked weeks and weeks to compile and be completely unable to land a player they’re after.   
    Personal responsibility and accountability needs to be mentioned, but I've been here and it absolutely sucks. Just the absolute worst feeling.

And the kick in the balls is it’s often chasing a particular player that you don’t even want, simply to complete a set for club points. 
    I do not relate to this, though. That's just dumb imo 😂 
    I get this 100%. I’m guilty of chasing continuously. It’s really no different than gambling. I still think there needs to be a better gurantee. If the point is to keep players playing, engaged, and on the app giving them what they are chasing, eventually, seems like a good thing IMO. I know most won’t agree with it but setting it at a high cost would still be beneficial. 120k gold in fan awards or a 200 box guarantee or something. Whatever corresponds with the odds so it will differ from box to box. I know they are looking Into it and I know they have a lot of things To consider. But really short of eliminating bonus sets(which won’t happen), this is the best way I can see to get people to keep spending while also, not making it absolutely crazy. For example, I know 2 people who combined to spend 1 million gold last weekend before they both got hank. That is crazy to me. My worst was 263k for babe. I guess Wagner was probably the worst can’t even calculate what I spent those 2 weeks and never even got him.  
  • scostelloscostello Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    I get this 100%. I’m guilty of chasing continuously. It’s really no different than gambling. I still think there needs to be a better gurantee. If the point is to keep players playing, engaged, and on the app giving them what they are chasing, eventually, seems like a good thing IMO. I know most won’t agree with it but setting it at a high cost would still be beneficial. 120k gold in fan awards or a 200 box guarantee or something. Whatever corresponds with the odds so it will differ from box to box. I know they are looking Into it and I know they have a lot of things To consider. But really short of eliminating bonus sets(which won’t happen), this is the best way I can see to get people to keep spending while also, not making it absolutely crazy. For example, I know 2 people who combined to spend 1 million gold last weekend before they both got hank. That is crazy to me. My worst was 263k for babe. I guess Wagner was probably the worst can’t even calculate what I spent those 2 weeks and never even got him.  
    My feeling is if they decide to guarantee pull of a top guy after spending x amount of gold (or number of boxes) , they will decrease the odds (either stated or "non stated") of getting the top guys.  This would cause more people to have to open the max boxes just to get the player.  Basically it would greatly reduce the F2Per's odds of getting these guys.  It will become even more of a "who spends the most money game".

Just my 2c
    scostello said:
    My feeling is if they decide to guarantee pull of a top guy after spending x amount of gold (or number of boxes) , they will decrease the odds (either stated or "non stated") of getting the top guys.  This would cause more people to have to open the max boxes just to get the player.  Basically it would greatly reduce the F2Per's odds of getting these guys.  It will become even more of a "who spends the most money game".

Just my 2c
    I understand that. My idea is based on what the box odds are currently and woulda assume no change to those. I’m not going to get Into the argument of posted odds vs actual odds etc. my point is to eventually have the chase end at a certain point for those that do spend. I’m not saying glu shouldn’t care about f2p players but there bottom line is they should be trying to keep the spenders and get them to spend more. Guaranteeing top players will get people to spend that extra gold to get the top guarantee, or maybe if a guy knows he’s going to get an ATG he may buy all the Field Passes etc. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Remember those boxes we had that had a counter up too 100 or 200? I cant remember exactly what that figure was. But honestly, those were great because there was  light at the end of the tunnel. Mind you, I think 95% of people if I recall correctly went to the counter to hit, but at-least it was there. Ah I remember now, it was those SP and Sr boxes, I actually got all the players within 25 pulls on each box, I think the counter was 100. I think that having a "secondary counter" would be great, but this involves additional coding and adjustments which frankly, they just wont do. Its hard  enough to get this game running smoothly for them as it is. Not trying to be a dick here but just stating the facts.  Hopefully for those returning to 2021 they see new changes and possibly new management take over this game, because its simply not at the level it should be for such a great game.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Yea it was Mad Bum and a few relievers IIRC, definitely was a nice touch when they did that
    dkarski87 said:
    Remember those boxes we had that had a counter up too 100 or 200? I cant remember exactly what that figure was. But honestly, those were great because there was  light at the end of the tunnel. Mind you, I think 95% of people if I recall correctly went to the counter to hit, but at-least it was there. Ah I remember now, it was those SP and Sr boxes, I actually got all the players within 25 pulls on each box, I think the counter was 100. I think that having a "secondary counter" would be great, but this involves additional coding and adjustments which frankly, they just wont do. Its hard  enough to get this game running smoothly for them as it is. Not trying to be a dick here but just stating the facts.  Hopefully for those returning to 2021 they see new changes and possibly new management take over this game, because its simply not at the level it should be for such a great game.
    Yep, it was a Thursday and it was all the pitcher boxes. Mad bum, and 3 relievers. I got them all, and all of them took me to the counter. But, it was worth it. Guranteed player, built up XP etc. you’re right about the secondary counter would take extra work but the fact is they have the option to award is the top player on the counter if they wanted too.  That’s why I thought the fan awards was a good option because it still gives people the option to still chase boxes but ultimately you would get a top award. But ideally a gurantee from the box is the best option. I could also see people
    complaining about that with there being 2 atgs. If you end up pulling the one you already have people will claim rigged boxes etc. Atleast with fan awards you’d know who you are getting. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I don't understand why FR isn't a legend at this point in the year. It should've been a legend back in October.  Im not trying to knock any of you guys, but you made this point already when discussing things with the GLU Team. Basically you bring up concerns, they laugh and shrug it off and pretend to give a shit. People can try and defend them all they want, sure its a business and they need make money. But I truly believe the person who took over the game decision truly has no idea whats hes doing. Maybe their making a shit load of money and don't see the need for change? Probably, but I guarantee you if they Poll'd the game users this year on how they feel about how the year went, it would open their eyes. Again, if you dont give a shit, then why bother right?

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited January 2021
    I think this conversation is absolutely hilarious, the fact that you guys actually think Glu is going to anything to make this game better for the players is straight up hilarious... While you all talk of adding pity timers and players in FR, you don't even realize this is what is actually going to happen:
    - Box odds will go from out of X:1,000 to out of 2,000 or 5,000 or 10,000
    - WOH will be even worse than this year, they will probably take away the player (just XP)
    - Reduction in the amount of gold per D6 cycle to 5,000 gold
    - FR will be eliminated from the game
    - Player sets will be a minimum of 5 players, each box set will have even more players!!!
    - Removal of boxes from CVC rewards
    - Reduction of event reward amounts
    - They will mail all players a giant, sand-paper covered dildo, so you can really feel how they are screwing you
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD 21!
    I think this conversation is absolutely hilarious, the fact that you guys actually think Glu is going to anything to make this game better for the players is straight up hilarious... While you all talk of adding pity timers and players in FR, you don't even realize this is what is actually going to happen:
    - Box odds will go from out of X:1,000 to out of 2,000 or 5,000 or 10,000
    - WOH will be even worse than this year, they will probably take away the player (just XP)
    - Reduction in the amount of gold per D6 cycle to 5,000 gold
    - FR will be eliminated from the game
    - Player sets will be a minimum of 5 players, each box set will have even more players!!!
    - Removal of boxes from CVC rewards
    - Reduction of event reward amounts
    - They will mail all players a giant, sand-paper covered dildo, so you can really feel how they are screwing you
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD 21!
    Wow thanks for the insight. At least we all don’t have to think about changes for next year. They are all laid out here pretty so no surprises I guess.