TSB 2021

Comments

• RollieFingersRollieFingers Registered Users, Member 129 Posts
    I think this conversation is absolutely hilarious, the fact that you guys actually think Glu is going to anything to make this game better for the players is straight up hilarious... While you all talk of adding pity timers and players in FR, you don't even realize this is what is actually going to happen:
    - Box odds will go from out of X:1,000 to out of 2,000 or 5,000 or 10,000
    - WOH will be even worse than this year, they will probably take away the player (just XP)
    - Reduction in the amount of gold per D6 cycle to 5,000 gold
    - FR will be eliminated from the game
    - Player sets will be a minimum of 5 players, each box set will have even more players!!!
    - Removal of boxes from CVC rewards
    - Reduction of event reward amounts
    - They will mail all players a giant, sand-paper covered dildo, so you can really feel how they are screwing you
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD 21!
    You forgot to add the complimentary bottle of KY jelly mailed to your house if you provide your address. 
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    I think this conversation is absolutely hilarious, the fact that you guys actually think Glu is going to anything to make this game better for the players is straight up hilarious... While you all talk of adding pity timers and players in FR, you don't even realize this is what is actually going to happen:
    - WOH will be even worse than this year, they will probably take away the player (just XP)
    - Player sets will be a minimum of 5 players, each box set will have even more players!!!
    - They will mail all players a giant, sand-paper covered dildo, so you can really feel how they are screwing you
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD 21!
    You forgot to add the complimentary bottle of KY jelly mailed to your house if you provide your address. 
    Actually, that will be a special in the news section for 9.99
  • Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    trojanman999 said: no
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD 21!
    That’s good we don’t whiners downloading 2021 anyways 
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    During the VIP meetings, did anyone straight up put them on the spot and ask why they made changes from 2019?  Not just complain but ask for a justiification from them on why WoH was changed, why other aspects changed etc...
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    During the VIP meetings, did anyone straight up put them on the spot and ask why they made changes from 2019?  Not just complain but ask for a justiification from them on why WoH was changed, why other aspects changed etc...
    The changes to woh this year were pretty simple. The repull value is more than 3x what it was last year. Repulling a legend in 19 got you 10-11k lxp. This year it’s getting you 35k+. I personally think the new woh setup on mondays is better than 19. You get more lxp overall doing 10 cycles and getting some repulls from the players. As far as royale woh, that’s a different conversation though. 
    So no one asked why they degraded the WoH prize?
    I literally just explained why. 
    And besides that woh sucked in 19. It’s better now than it was last year. But woh has gone downhill since tsb18. 
    edited January 2021
    That's not what I asked.  The point is for them to say why they make the changes they make.  I want to know if anyone asked them why every year things start worse than the previous year and get made marginally better after everyone complains.  I don't care about repull values or what the changes are.
    That's not what I asked.  The point is for them to say why they make the changes they make.  I want to know if anyone asked them why every year things start worse than the previous year and get made marginally better after everyone complains.  I don't care about repull values or what the changes are.
    Yes we asked. That was their reasoning. I’m not sure how else to answer it or what you want to know. They took the player repull every time away Because they increased the repull lxp/pxp value so much. The difficulty isn’t any worse than last year in fact I’d say it’s easier, as would most. So beyond being easier, and explaining why you don’t get a guranteed legend every time, what other changes are you referring to?
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD 21!
    While I like the sentiment, almost everything you've listed has actually gotten better in the past year or so 🥴

- WOH is ass anyways.
    - The amount of gold earned per d6 cycle is greater than last year. 
    - FR went from 50k before resetting to 20k (most people didn't use the players at 50k last year) and fan rewards wasn't an every day thing. Remember having to choose between fan rewards days and stadium days to spend your gold?
    - More boxes from CVC than last year iirc
    - Event rewards were massively improved this year. 
    - Not sure what to say about your dildo 🤷🏻‍♂️

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    - Not sure what to say about your dildo 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ve seen photos of your sofa and now your speechless? 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @pujols you make some very valid points that I would like to expand on. 
    -FR now starts at the same time as the event instead of an hour after the event starts. If I remember correctly it also runs later than before. 
    -cvc rewards are not only better but there are way more opportunities to win this year. Cvc is how I’ve built my team this year as opposed to woh in the prior years. 
    -as far as the ky who needs that anyway?
    the thread comparing 20 to 19 is already out there do there’s really no need to go deep into here but I feel that 20 is way better than 19 in many ways. 

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I’ve seen photos of your sofa and now your speechless? 
    Hey, it's good for casting.. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Grizzly99 said:
    trojanman999 said: no
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD 21!
    That’s good we don’t whiners downloading 2021 anyways 
    If he doesn’t download because of your comment, then you’re in charge of cookies 🍪 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    the thread comparing 20 to 19 is already out there do there’s really no need to go deep into here but I feel that 20 is way better than 19 in many ways. 

If you're not into club points(I can't stress this enough), '20 is very player-friendly. Well, they did bastardize WoH(made it a participation event), but I guess that's both good and bad depending on your POV. Ultimately, in terms of the cost to compete, the bar was raised yet again. For most, this overshadowed every player-friendly change in '20. 

To be blunt, it's just business. Look at it this way: as general interest is high(new release/start of MLB season), things will be less player-friendly than at the end of the year when interest is typically much lower. That's been the pattern every year and '21 should be no different. And yes, it's been acknowledged as well. 

A great example is the VIP council. Of course, some of the changes were already planned. It would be naive to assume otherwise. I know there needs to be a scapegoat(hi!), but creating awareness is all we can do. Fwiw, there were a wide variety of people with different playing styles in the council. To be specific, I think they did a good job of ensuring that different voices would be heard. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    It all kind of boils down to pull rates and sets. Low box odds and requiring more and more players to complete sets is how Glu made money this year. That is what escalated the playing costs most. Everything else is a matter of opinion, whether you liked WOH more this year or in prior years, repull lxp value increase versus fewer repulls, etc.  
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    edited January 2021
    Giant sandpaper covered dildos and general dislike for WOH dating back to 2019...that pretty well sums up this page

*I dont want to beat the dead horse in regards to Pujols casting couch.  I approached him privately in this manner
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Giant sandpaper covered dildos and general dislike for WOH dating back to 2019...that pretty well sums up this page

*I dont want to beat the dead horse in regards to Pujols casting couch.  I approached him privately in this manner
    If you get a casting call please don’t post the video.  

Thank You,
    TSB World
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
      If you're not into club points(I can't stress this enough), '20 is very player-friendly. Well, they did bastardize WoH(made it a participation event), but I guess that's both good and bad depending on your POV. Ultimately, in terms of the cost to compete, the bar was raised yet again. For most, this overshadowed every player-friendly change in '20. 

I’m not into club points this year so they dont really matter to me.  Being silver and in a solo club I only play when I feel like playing. Woh used to be my favorite event but after trading  in basically every woh player that I had on my inactive roster I realized how much of a waste it is at the silver level. I can’t win tourneys and barely can win bgs so I don’t play either of those events. My decision to stay silver has drastically reduced my PT and has eliminated the need for me to spend any cash except to eliminate ads. Maybe that’s why I like all of the little things that they’ve done this year. If only they could get videos working properly I would have zero complaints. But that is one step closer to helping me ween myself from this addiction. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:

I’m not into club points this year so they dont really matter to me.  Being silver and in a solo club I only play when I feel like playing. Woh used to be my favorite event but after trading  in basically every woh player that I had on my inactive roster I realized how much of a waste it is at the silver level. I can’t win tourneys and barely can win bgs so I don’t play either of those events. My decision to stay silver has drastically reduced my PT and has eliminated the need for me to spend any cash except to eliminate ads. Maybe that’s why I like all of the little things that they’ve done this year. If only they could get videos working properly I would have zero complaints. But that is one step closer to helping me ween myself from this addiction. 
    I think for guys in your situation, '20 was definitely better. Even WoH. Imagine trying to consistently cycle WoH last year as a silver player. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:

I think for guys in your situation, '20 was definitely better. Even WoH. Imagine trying to consistently cycle WoH last year as a silver player. 
    No way no how about cycling WoH consistently last year, I have to say WoH has become really the only mode besides CVC and extra bases I play now, I can care less about club points, I mean if I get lucky enough to get a couple bonus players I'll go for progress awards and depending how I rank in club points maybe more. The cost to play is ridiculous IMO if they had a pity timer like someone in here was saying where say 100, 200 boxes you get the top player in the box then maybe I can see it.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yes we asked. That was their reasoning. I’m not sure how else to answer it or what you want to know. They took the player repull every time away Because they increased the repull lxp/pxp value so much. The difficulty isn’t any worse than last year in fact I’d say it’s easier, as would most. So beyond being easier, and explaining why you don’t get a guranteed legend every time, what other changes are you referring to?

@jalapenocubbies while I know you dont agree with them. This statement about the xp value is irrelevant. They made the same change for primes when switch happened to every 3 cycles, it should make no difference just because its Legends now. Its another excuse and poor reasoning behind their decision making to make legends at-least every 3rd cycle.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    edited January 2021
    dkarski87 said:

@jalapenocubbies while I know you dont agree with them. This statement about the xp value is irrelevant. They made the same change for primes when switch happened to every 3 cycles, it should make no difference just because its Legends now. Its another excuse and poor reasoning behind their decision making to make legends at-least every 3rd cycle.
    I don’t disagree with you at all. I think there should be better repulls with woh. But it does matter with regard to pxp and lxp because they knew that eventually pxp would be worthless. All that matters now is lxp. My personal opinion is I like the box, but think there should be a gurantee maybe every 4-5 box. Still gives you the chance to pull him more, but also stops the 0-for streaks we all experience. 

My personal feeling is this year woh is better than last year with the 10x cycle rewards for mega tower. I seem to be making more lxp, but I don’t play nearly as much as other guys. Just my general feeling is woh seems easier this year and I’m making as much of more lxp. I guess I just feel like the bigger issue is obtaining the top level players vs. accruing lxp. But I also don’t go for and level every player, every event. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    For sure 100% agree, but with the game only having 4-6 weeks left. You would figure they would finally do it and try and salvage from good will from the users but that's not the case.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I know this comment wont be well perceived by many, but wouldnt putting a guarantee of getting the top player go against everything this company stands for?  I mean, there's many guys out there that are willing to drop thousands chasing bonus players. If a guarantee was implemented,  then they wouldnt need to spend as much. Doesn't make sense to me.  
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    I know this comment wont be well perceived by many, but wouldnt putting a guarantee of getting the top player go against everything this company stands for?  I mean, there's many guys out there that are willing to drop thousands chasing bonus players. If a guarantee was implemented,  then they wouldnt need to spend as much. Doesn't make sense to me.  
    While I tend to agree with this my question is would it be possible that more people might spend extra knowing that they will get that player? 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    While I tend to agree with this my question is would it be possible that more people might spend extra knowing that they will get that player? 
    Theres enough that spend regardless though
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited January 2021
    Haven’t played much at all but..  I just can’t believe we’re still sitting at less than a 1% chance at atg and it’s nearly February. Wow. 
    So....sure some things have improved with the game over the years but somehow despite all the “improvements” the game is collectively worse. For everything they give they take or screw up something else. 
    And yes fan rewards still blow arse and idc what anyone says. I can’t remember the last time I spent gold for fan rewards. 2018 actually...🤔
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited January 2021
    They’ve just really watered the game down... to many bonus players, to many sets, to many animated players. Not every single player needs and animation. And a lot of the graphic/animations are just retarded.