Left-Hander Dingers

babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
Does anyone else find it harder to hit dingers against lefties?  Anyone have any tips?
Prev1

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I'm probably the worst dinger guy in the game. Lefty, righty, big bat, scrub.. it doesn't matter, I'm missing the target 🤣
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Does anyone else find it harder to hit dingers against lefties?  Anyone have any tips?
    If you use guys with very low power(bronze 1), it's much easier to hit the 'long fly' that will get your 100 gold. Usually, I can get 2-4 of those per entry as opposed to paying for 1-2 on the 'dingers.'
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    DFBB said:
    If you use guys with very low power(bronze 1), it's much easier to hit the 'long fly' that will get your 100 gold. Usually, I can get 2-4 of those per entry as opposed to paying for 1-2 on the 'dingers.'
    Maybe I should have kept 1 or 2 around. I’m sure I’ll get plenty more, will have to try that.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:
    Maybe I should have kept 1 or 2 around. I’m sure I’ll get plenty more, will have to try that.
    late round picks are pretty good for these. i have one with like 13 power. :smile:
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Thanks for the tip. I might be worse than Pujols 
    DFBB said:
    So will this work? I mean how is “very low” defined? I’ll try sometime, at least I beat your “13” 😂

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited January 2021
    Yes that will work.  Should have no problem getting it in the 100 gold area.  The low guys have to pull, if you try to hit to right field with him it will never get there.

Edit: I just noticed his power 🤣🤣. Normally a 1 star will work but I’m not sure when his nickname is limp noodle.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:
    So will this work? I mean how is “very low” defined? I’ll try sometime, at least I beat your “13” 😂

Jealous!
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    I’d be curious to see if he gets it out of the infield. 🤨 
    Me too! I haven’t tried yet
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    So just for kicks i used a bronze 1 guy, and I didn't hit the ball out of the park (overall 50), but i got a crap ton of fly balls for 100 gold!
    Keep in mind that strikes don’t count against you so when they quick pitch let it go if you’re not ready 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Keep in mind that strikes don’t count against you so when they quick pitch let it go if you’re not ready 
    How did I not realize that?  Thanks!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Yes that right an infield hit. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone ever do this hah. 

tshea510 said:
    Well? How did Mr. Brinson do? Did he get it out of the infield?
    tshea510 said:
    Will try today. Should be interesting 😂
    tshea510 said:
    He actually got me the 100 gold once in 5 at bats. Considering it was the center field target, and I’m as bad as @retirepujols at this mode, he worked. But some of those hits were hysterical. I then used a real bat but since my target aim sucks, only generated 50 gold more. Maybe a different target area might help.
    That’s funny. I might have to purchase this dude for entertainment if nothing else. He only costs 10 gold. 😂 

I bought him in the store but haven’t tried him out yet
    He hit a few long fly balls but there were plenty of ground balls. I would  consider him trade bait
    2003cobra said:
    He hit a few long fly balls but there were plenty of ground balls. I would  consider him trade bait
    I’m going to mess around with the different target later. But he is a kinda cool collectors edition, not sure if there is a 1 Power out there.
    He’s good at pulling the ball, he hit all fly balls. I had some of my best rounds with him in today’s Dinger.
    tshea510 said:
    2003cobra said:
    I’m going to mess around with the different target later. But he is a kinda cool collectors edition, not sure if there is a 1 Power out there.
    Ta-da!!

As a Reds fan this comes as no surprise 
    tshea510 said:
    2003cobra said:
    Ta-da!!

Is he 1/2 as effective? Or twice Brinson? I got some ok results, but then again, I kinda suck at this target stuff. But it’s become more interesting 
    tshea510 said:
    tshea510 said:
    2003cobra said:
    Ta-da!!

Is he 1/2 as effective? Or twice Brinson? I got some ok results, but then again, I kinda suck at this target stuff. But it’s become more interesting 
    I’m not sure but I’m going have to buy this guy as well so that I have two lowest power hitters. I mean, how many whales can say they have this “power set”? Yeah, probably none. I’m so hit or miss (mostly miss) on dingers so I can’t blame the player too much. But it is more interesting nonetheless 🙃
    edited January 2021
    tshea510 said:
    tshea510 said:
    2003cobra said:
    Ta-da!!

I’m not sure but I’m going have to buy this guy as well so that I have two lowest power hitters. I mean, how many whales can say they have this “power set”? Yeah, probably none. I’m so hit or miss (mostly miss) on dingers so I can’t blame the player too much. But it is more interesting nonetheless 🙃
    Agree 1000%. I actually hit 3 of 5 with this guy which is a milestone accomplishment for me. I’ve got a switch hitter that batted LH that’s low rated that was even more funny. No gold, but some cash on hits barely into outfield. But yeah, I need this “1”/“2” power combo. 

Hey Glu, when will this be bonus stuff?

BTW.....thank you @DFBB for bringing this approach up, even though you only have a “13” 😎

That was a great tip but when so many of us suck at it I can’t blame out hitters just the tappers 
    I spent the 10 gold to buy him back-another nice feature that they added this year 
    I took him to b10 and still has a power rating of 1. I thought that maybe he would get bumped up a notch if I leveled him