Options

1 Change to "fix" everything.

xxHataxxxxHataxx Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
I was thinking about it this morning.
If you made this 1 change, I think it would drastically improve the game.
Actually enforce the tier system in the game.
Prime games, Bonus games, WOH, tournies etc. Whatever tier you are, be it bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond and even further in to g1, g2, etc, etc. Everything is scaled to your tier, including box prizes. There is zero reason for a AAA or a AA team to be competing against a MLB team aside from forcing you to move up.
If you enforced this, the diamond whales are still going to spend money because they are doing that to compete against other diamond teams. You can feel more competitive in your individual tier.

As it is right now, Tap has you playing as a AA or NCAA level team against The Yankees. No wonder so many people get so deflated and go on hate rants in the game. The competition level is so ridiculously stacked against you.

If you fixed this 1 thing and everything felt more competitive and on an even level, everything else in this game could stay the same and a fraction of the people would complain. You want to stay at gold and spend and be the best gold team and have every player? sure. But everyone at gold spends less to build players to help even out the difficult to pull players.

We all know that it's the whales that make this game float. They spend way more combined than all of the bottom feeders.
instead of 100 little changes. Make this one change and this game would be DRASTICALLY better. You literally would not need to touch anything else. Just enforce the tier system you already have in place. From a singular team to club level. Enforce the tier system. 

Comments

• Options
    xxHataxxxxHataxx Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    if it didn't feel so ridiculouosly stacked against you, then the NEED for a deadly WOH player reward or better box odds to comete with the whale spending $1000 to buy boxes to get that top set, then the box odds, the WOH reward issues become much smaller.
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    TSB worked this way through 2016, though player leveling didn’t arrive until 17. Guys complained bitterly here about getting crushed by better teams that could level up but chose not too. 16 auto leveled you up once you hit a certain team strength.  Everyone hated this. The block button helped a lot with reducing overmatches but it’s been completely neutered and does not work for any mode now. The current matchup system is based entirely on your win total. Once you have enough wins the system believes you should have received rewards enough to hit a tier and level your players. The fallacy of course if that if you play prime and season games you are going to rack up a lot of wins that give you very little in the way of rewards. In reality it’s a system that encourages only players that are going to spend to play a lot, which means I don’t see it changing any time soon.
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited February 2021
    It's really spectacular idea to back to that premise but I don't ever see that happening again. That idea @xxHataxx should be in the suggestion box hopefully to be read by @blueleopard to be put in his "report".
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I just want to add that this would neither fix nor change any of my complaints, personally. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I would love to not see diamond teams in bgs or tourneys. This would entice me to play a lot more. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    xxHataxx said:
    Make this one change and this game would be DRASTICALLY better. You literally would not need to touch anything else. Just enforce the tier system you already have in place. From a singular team to club level. Enforce the tier system. 
    The change you proposed would encourage guys to chill at low tiers basically, forever. The changes that were made, including all the diamond 'perks,' were made specifically to prevent sand bagging. It's just my opinion, but I don't see this ever happening. To be clear, they know what they're doing. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I just want to add that this would neither fix nor change any of my complaints, personally. 

New batflip animations, and more animated stickers. I think this would go a long way with customer retention 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    2003cobra said:
    I would love to not see diamond teams in bgs or tourneys. This would entice me to play a lot more. 
    In this scenario, there is literally no reason for you to play bonus games besides club points - if you're silver, that isn't a priority for you - and to complete daily challenges (which is only 5 games). I just don't see silver teams wishing they could mash bgs all day lol, isn't that why yall are silver? Same thing with gold 🤷‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    xxHataxx said:
    Everything is scaled to your tier, including box prizes. There is zero reason for a AAA or a AA team to be competing against a MLB team aside from forcing you to move up.

I would imagine loads of people would quit when they find out only diamond teams would get atg's, platinum+ for legends, and gold+ for primes 😅 Hank Aaron ain't going to play for no damn class A Albuquerque Isotopes! 🤣
  • Options
    @pujols you are correct. Bgs for club points and the daily challenge is all I would do but there are days(especially now that it’s cold) that I would like to crank out some bgs. I’m not complaining since I win all of my prime and season games. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    2003cobra said:
    @pujols you are correct. Bgs for club points and the daily challenge is all I would do but there are days(especially now that it’s cold) that I would like to crank out some bgs. I’m not complaining since I win all of my prime and season games. 
    Why are you talking all fancy to me @2003cobra? Trying to butter me up for Valentines day?? 🧐
  • Options
    2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Why are you talking all fancy to me @2003cobra? Trying to butter me up for Valentines day?? 🧐
    from now on im going to reply to poo with italic strike through in bold.

you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • Options
    babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    2003cobra said:

It's clear that if you used an ICE WRAP, you would have no problems with this match-up.  Glu's code is performing as it should.
  • Options
    JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    retirepujols said: Hank Aaron ain't going to play for no damn class A Albuquerque Isotopes! 🤣
    Albuquerque in the house/forum. 
  • Options
    You never know what’s gonna happen. I hear that you have a casting couch!
  • Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    The game is designed for you to move up. Not to stay bronze, silver or gold. They want people spending not playing for free. If you choose to stay at a low level and not spend that’s fine, but then you aren’t competing with in pretty much anything. I would also 2nd @retirepujols and say this change would have zero impact on the things I find wrong with the game.