1st pitch

RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
I picked up Guerrero  When is first pitch really active?  What modes does it work well for?

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    arguably the top skill in the game.   Works good in every game mode except CVC/Extra Bases
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited January 2021
    I picked up Guerrero  When is first pitch really active?  What modes does it work well for?
    This is strictly my opinion:

The reason it works in all modes except CvC is because the game engine determines the pitch sequence at the beginning of each at bat. In CvC, each batter starts with a 3-2 count. The system ignores 'first pitch' because strikes have been taken.
    In WoH and all other modes, the count starts at either 0-0 or 3-0(WoH). It will initially display as 'active' at the beginning of the count. If you foul off a pitch in WoH, it will still display as active. If you take a strike, it will no longer display as active. However, it's my opinion that the pitch sequence has already been determined at the beginning of the at bat so whether it displays on/off is moot. 
    I actually did a video a month ago where I didn't boost at 5.9 and 5.10(Royale; no stat boost) and took the first pitch each time(My CL is 2x first pitch). I didn't lose either match. 

TL;DR: If you don't care about cvc, it's the best skill in the game. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Early in the year it was the best skill because it was always shown as active during woh (werewolf Justin Turner). But after an update it no longer shows as active but like @DFBB said, the engine seems to determine an at bat based On the first pitch. So whether it’s active or not, the pitches and sequence has likely been determined. I’m sure there’s proof out there to support it somehow but that theory makes sense. 
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    Guerrero has the two best skills in the game IMO. I was stoked to get lucky and pull him. If he was a 600 overall he would for sure be my right handed keeper for next year.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    edited January 2021
    I agree with the WOH comments above.  From a numbers perspective, my custom legend with double first pitch has a higher OPS than comparable guys with the following skill sets (RHP/RHP, RHP/hot, hot/hot, hot/blowout).  If Glu ever releases an ATG with double first pitch, that should be your keeper IMO.  
  • TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    So based on the comments those would be the top 5 skills for games.
    First pitch
    Blowout
    Hot hitter
    Runner on base
    Right handed pitchers

So Lieberthal and Guerrero should be the best players in the game.
    I think that’s subjective, but I agree with statement. 1st pitch and HH are 1A and 1B to me.

I’ll consider this my chance to bitch about box odds. I chased Lieberthal HARD this weekend and came up empty. I made a point to count how many boxes I opened, whether it be from gold, real life money, or gifts. 307 boxes and nothing. At least I got lucky on Guerrero a couple weeks back 🙃
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Lieberthal just lost an auto on 2.6 🤔 first auto I've lost outside of rounds 4 and 5 in forever. I think it's a sign to stop playing tbh 🤕 600's this weekend?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Oh good, I wasted more money than I care to admit chasing some scrub who loses on 2.6. Lol

I’d say with BSD Cecil Cooper today and the fact they like to give us 💩 players on VIP weekend, a bump is likely.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    Oh good, I wasted more money than I care to admit chasing some scrub who loses on 2.6. Lol
    Sums up TSB pretty well 🤣
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    Plus with first pitch I get that timely walk every time on the first pitch..perhaps to bypass the skill...awesome.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit