Tournament event

samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
If you are going to have a tourney only event put players in the box. 

Comments

• Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Won 3 tournaments so far. Not opened the boxes as adding to my 3,139 bonus games isn’t an overly exciting prospect. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I'll take advantage of a full day of double gold.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    For myself and some others, I'm glad that there are no players in the box because they directly pull those odds away from bgs. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yea no players!! Unless they changed the odds and take the %'s from FR coins, which they wont,
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    yeah unless they dump a legend in there, i'd much rather prefer no players.     I mean do people really want a 480 prime in there at this point?
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I get it, but my only complaint is the rewards don't equal the amount paid, yes WoH is more expensive than last year to autoplay but you still get Lxp and eventually a legend player as a reward worth spending the blue cash. I am in no way saying they should do that for tourneys but at least increase the cash for each game won in each tourney to at least get your cash back that we paid in when we win all four games consecutively.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    We know what the reason to grind tournaments is. But don’t you think it would help them generate some enthusiasm for the event if there was a tiny chance of getting a WOH reward type legend from the event? But then of course we’d get endless I won 300 tournaments and didn’t get the player complaints. I’d still rather have this than prime event but I’d bet it’s one and done.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I hope GLU is not listening to the people complaining on Global chat. Look at the teams that are complaining , g10 and platinum rosters playing in diamond. You cant expect to win tourneys and bgs when you dont understand team building. I know the match up algorithms aren't tailored for silver/gold teams but thats what the game is about. They dont want you to stay silver/gold all year, hence the game count threshold. I think this tourney day is great, as do many others.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Yea no players!! Unless they changed the odds and take the %'s from FR coins, which they wont,
    I don't see the FR coins anymore. 
    We are all beta testers
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited February 2021
    dkarski87 said:
    I hope GLU is not listening to the people complaining on Global chat. Look at the teams that are complaining , g10 and platinum rosters playing in diamond. You cant expect to win tourneys and bgs when you dont understand team building. I know the match up algorithms aren't tailored for silver/gold teams but thats what the game is about. They dont want you to stay silver/gold all year, hence the game count threshold. I think this tourney day is great, as do many others.
    I agree with you and I am a said silver team and do okay with tourneys not the greatest but marginally better than bgs. I used them early on to build up my gloves and bonus games but for gloves mostly. I like the fact you have a mode to win more then 1 bonus game but it can drain your blue cash pretty quickly whether you are winning or losing. If you are winning tourneys I have always thought ever since I started playing this dang blasted game you should get the 8k back, 2k for winning each game instead of 700 at least at silver. Heck, I'd be happy winning back 80-85% of my blue cash so that's not such a drain on resources.
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Tournament event? I can't hear you over double gold. I have 0 use for BG tickets at Plat. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    You get your cash back when you donate to your club and buy loyalty boxes. I’m not sure if the exact return but if you’re diamond it is definitely worth it. 
  • TimidDeuceTimidDeuce Registered Users, Member 87 Posts
    They should put a Brown box inside the tourney box with a nominal (1-3%) pull chance.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    When does the Brown box end? Tonight or Wednesday night? 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    I’m just bummed that I poured all these resources into this guy. After playing over 100 tournament games, this is all I get from him? Four innings? There has to be a better way to get your relief pitchers in the game 🤔

• TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    yes there is
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I’m just bummed that I poured all these resources into this guy. After playing over 100 tournament games, this is all I get from him? Four innings? There has to be a better way to get your relief pitchers in the game 🤔

The best way is to place him at RP1, and then place all bronze pitchers at SP and the remaining RP. He should pitch atleast 4 innings per game but be aware that at platinum you will likely lose a lot of those games but he will pitch atleast. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    The best way to do that is to stack him with another bonus starting pitcher. If you don’t fully upgrade the bonus starting pitcher, he will throw a few innings, get a few strike outs, then it will put in your reliever to get more strikeouts. That’s your best option, but using lesser pitchers could mean you lose more games as well.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

The best way is to place him at RP1, and then place all bronze pitchers at SP and the remaining RP. He should pitch atleast 4 innings per game but be aware that at platinum you will likely lose a lot of those games but he will pitch atleast. 
    Imo, he should use plat 10 SPs(or just uncapped plat starters) that have a much lower max than Diaz, who should be at rp1. Put bronze relievers at SM and CL. Also, use starters w/o any skill points or xfactors. This should give a plat team the best chance at winning while also giving Diaz 3 innings. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Appreciate it! I’m going to screenshot this formula for next time.