Newbie batting tips needed

ehorsley33ehorsley33 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
Any tips on hitting that curve ball? Seems like it’s a guaranteed out whenever they pitch it on the 1st pitch. Even my ATG Yogi struggles with it

Comments

• CthomCthom Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    Take 
  • ehorsley33ehorsley33 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Cthom said:
    Take 
    Every time I take they throw it 2 more times, it’s like a guaranteed K
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Welcome to TSB @ehorsley33. This is a common thing. 
    JTANDME said:
    Welcome to TSB @ehorsley33. This is a common thing. 
    Oh goody! 
  • CthomCthom Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    Cthom said:
    Take 
    Every time I take they throw it 2 more times, it’s like a guaranteed K
    Yeah then it's a preprogrammed out. Nothing you can do.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    In WOH I always swing on the first pitch regardless of pitch type and try to hit it to the opposite field.  There are definitely hitable curves - the ones right down the middle of the plate - but if it cuts across an edge, then its a pre-determined out and I just take the next two pitches and move on.
    Thanks all
  • DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
    Would love a Glu developer to confirm this or not about the Curves , can they be hit when get those non stop? Seem to always pop em foul for a few then get ones swing right through. Be nice to know if it is predetermined nothing you can do that at bat will get a hit especially if you holding on to hope with 2 out fouling away . Could save a lot of time but if it can be hit love to know either way sick of guessing and wasting time. Yes or no would be great help a bunch of people out stop all the guessing theories. 
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    DirectFX said:
    Would love a Glu developer to confirm this or not about the Curves , can they be hit when get those non stop? Seem to always pop em foul for a few then get ones swing right through. Be nice to know if it is predetermined nothing you can do that at bat will get a hit especially if you holding on to hope with 2 out fouling away . Could save a lot of time but if it can be hit love to know either way sick of guessing and wasting time. Yes or no would be great help a bunch of people out stop all the guessing theories. 
    I’m not a Glu developer, but I’ll speak for them. You cannot hit the curves, they are predetermined outs. No sense in racking your brain like you’re not doing something right.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    DirectFX said:
    We need SOME guesswork. This game would be even more boring if everything was a black and white yes and no. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    You CAN hit unhittable curves...  
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited January 2021
    KCTribe said:
    DirectFX said:
    I’m not a Glu developer, but I’ll speak for them. You cannot hit the curves, they are predetermined outs. No sense in racking your brain like you’re not doing something right.
    Pitch type doesn't determine whether a pitch will get 'hit.' If it goes across the middle of the plate, it will be a 'hit' more often than not. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • AWALLAWALL Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    My best advice is; Firstly, if you're new to playing this app/game, you'll find that figuring things out on your own will bring you the best comfort zone for excelling at this game. Furthermore, I'll give you a heads up; Remember always that, just like ALL on line games, the primary purpose of the game is for the owners of the companies representing the app, to profit! Thus, the game is programmed/designed , primarily for that purpose. All things online are, at the very least polluted with trash specifically designed to get you to spend money. Then, you might find some actual enjoyable user-friendly features. 
  • scostelloscostello Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    I swing at the curves.  I know if I hit them it's 99% going to be an out, but sometimes I am able to advance runners.  This helps prevent double plays or I get a runner to score on a slow ground out or deep fly ball.  

Sometimes this backfires on you when you have a guy on 3rd, because they will try to score on a ground ball to the pitcher.  The pitcher then throws them out at home and you now exchanged a runner on 3rd for a runner on 1st.  

Another reason I won't swing at a curve is if I have a runner on 3rd and my next hitter has ROB/RISP skills.  Don't want to disable that if I can help it. UNLESS the runner on 3rd is the tying run.  

Just my strategy
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    Best advice I can give.. buy a 12lb sledge hammer and take it and slam it down onto the screen of your phone.
    Best way to hit the curve is to never play this game.

Change my Mind.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • PopTheDuckPopTheDuck Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Finally found out how to hit the curve!!! On the third curve (which normally results in a K), swing extra early or just a little late. Doing this will hit a foul ball keeping you alive. 
    Now, here’s the most important part. 
    If you are lucky enough to do this, the next pitch is guaranteed to be another curve ball. And then you’ll strikeout. 
    Glad I could help!
    My name is Pop and I’m a Duck.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Finally found out how to hit the curve!!! On the third curve (which normally results in a K), swing extra early or just a little late. Doing this will hit a foul ball keeping you alive. 
    Now, here’s the most important part. 
    If you are lucky enough to do this, the next pitch is guaranteed to be another curve ball. And then you’ll strikeout. 
    Glad I could help!
    Thanks! Gee, where have you been all this time? 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • PopTheDuckPopTheDuck Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Didn’t want to give all my secrets away before I hit VIP status.
    Which I haven’t.
    My name is Pop and I’m a Duck.
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Pitch type doesn't determine whether a pitch will get 'hit.' If it goes across the middle of the plate, it will be a 'hit' more often than not. 
    I've hit doubles off pitches in the dirt. if the game wants you to get on, you'll get on. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Alex were you using Vlad Guerrero when you did that? If so, that’s his hot zone 
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    Didn’t want to give all my secrets away before I hit VIP status.
    Which I haven’t.
    The secret to VIP status is A. Hit one curveball in play
    2. PM @r@retirepujols and ask him for your badge.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Pujols gives everybody that auditions on his casting couch a vip badge. That’s how I got mine