Options

The Ironman

tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
Soooo........600? SS? 3B? Or maybe with Glu’s track record, SP? Maybe RP?
https://twitter.com/glutapsports/status/1357509267989934086

Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷

Comments

• Options
    fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    ho-hum. don't need another righty SS or 3B. guessing SS since Schmidt came out more recently. 
  • Options
    blueurmyboyblueurmyboy Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    Has to be Cal Ripken by the description they wrote. "Never missed a day in 17 yrs"
  • Options
    Has to be Cal Ripken by the description they wrote. "Never missed a day in 17 yrs"
    Yes, but what position screwup will Glu make is what I’m curious about. 
  • Options
    blueurmyboyblueurmyboy Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    Lol, impossible to make a mistake with Cal.
  • Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Maybe it’s just me but making guys they’ve had a regular legends ATGs sorta takes away the wow factor. This is 2 weeks in a row now too. I’m not saying they aren’t, but then why make non ATGs? Aaron was sort of an exception obviously given the circumstances around his release. Maybe I’m just being petty but when I’ve already had 2 versions of Cal, just sorta seems meh. 
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Maybe it’s just me but making guys they’ve had a regular legends ATGs sorta takes away the wow factor. This is 2 weeks in a row now too. I’m not saying they aren’t, but then why make non ATGs? Aaron was sort of an exception obviously given the circumstances around his release. Maybe I’m just being petty but when I’ve already had 2 versions of Cal, just sorta seems meh. 
    Yeah, same with Schmidt. I like the true old timers more. Eddie Mathews would have been better than Schmidt, Ernie Banks over Cal, etc.  

And where are Mantle and Mays?
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Rumor has it that he’s gonna be a relief pitcher 
  • Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Yeah, same with Schmidt. I like the true old timers more. Eddie Mathews would have been better than Schmidt, Ernie Banks over Cal, etc.  

Mantle was already released. I was hoping for Mays this weekend. But oh well. 
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited February 2021
    I agree... As much as I love Rip...it's just an oversaturation of players right now. Now the oversaturation has unfortunately crept into ATG's and it has really taken like you said 'the wow' factor and the must have from them. The whole Aaron thing they actually got right but they shouldn't be doing it for every ATG. It decreases their value. I'm sure they will be soon dropping a Paige ATG as well. To many players.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Metsicans said:

Mantle was already released. I was hoping for Mays this weekend. But oh well. 
    Oh yeah, right, forgot about Mantle because he’s the one ATG outfielder I didn’t luck into. I have Joe, Babe, Ted and Hank. 
  • Options
    xxHataxxxxHataxx Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    edited February 2021

Bought the small field pass because it’s all I needed to hit the next All-Star level to carry over to 21. 
    3 of each box. First of the 500gold boxes....lol

no other players in the other 5 boxes. 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Isn't this the first appearance for Jr? I could've swore it was just sr. before 🤔
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options

• Options
    edited February 2021
    2003cobra said:

Ah, ok. Those were before I started playing again i think 🤔 good skills all 3 times 😁 I'm just glad to have a good keeper option for SS (although orioles pennants kind of blows but whatever). 

I basically gave up yesterday, blew all of my gold for fun and am just going to wait for 21 so I can mirror your play this year @2003cobra. You've been a big influence recently just reading how you've been able to change your approach to this game 😁
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    2003cobra said:
    I basically gave up yesterday, blew all of my gold for fun and am just going to wait for 21 so I can mirror your play this year @2003cobra. You've been a big influence recently just reading how you've been able to change your approach to this game 😁
    So you’re going to stay Silver and ignore your RP Keeper advice? 😂😎🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    He’ll be double diamond by April 🙄
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    tshea510 said:
    So you’re going to stay Silver and ignore your RP Keeper advice? 😂😎🤷‍♂️
    No, definitely keeping a reliever! 100% want to stay silver until legends are released, and not go past gold. 🤞

He’ll be double diamond by April 🙄
    I really hate you sometimes. 
  • Options
    @pujols I hope that it works out for you. I’ve been able to cut way back in tapping time and eliminate spending while building a team of solid players(although I don’t have a lineup full of ATGs). I am definitely staying silver again next year. 
  • Options
    2003cobra said:
    @pujols I hope that it works out for you. I’ve been able to cut way back in tapping time and eliminate spending while building a team of solid players(although I don’t have a lineup full of ATGs). I am definitely staying silver again next year. 
    For sure. Maybe we can get a pool of similar teams and run manual h2h tourneys amongst ourselves to give us a little something to do lol
  • Options
    2003cobra said:
    For sure. Maybe we can get a pool of similar teams and run manual h2h tourneys amongst ourselves to give us a little something to do lol
    I’ve heard from very reliable sources (and Global confirms), that you cheat. 🤷‍♂️🤔
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Cheaters never win
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    @pujols that sounds great. I wouldn’t mind if you cheated 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    tshea510 said:
    I’ve heard from very reliable sources (and Global confirms), that you cheat. 🤷‍♂️🤔
    Yeah, of course. Imagine playing this game straight up 🤮 but not a head to head lol, that would be ridiculous 🤕